Player's 0.7.0 Roadmap

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Player's 0.7.0 Roadmap

Post by Hyronymus »

Diagonal bridges. As a start someone should draw very basic bridges in 8 directions instead of attempting to diagonalise the existing bridges. Diagonal tunnels would be wicked too but I know vehicles stop existing then entering a tunnel. That makes matters far more difficult I assume.
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Hyronymus wrote:Diagonal bridges. As a start someone should draw very basic bridges in 8 directions instead of attempting to diagonalise the existing bridges. Diagonal tunnels would be wicked too but I know vehicles stop existing then entering a tunnel. That makes matters far more difficult I assume.
You have clearly no idea how much work diagonal bridges are. Right now, on every tile two bits are reserved to reserved to indicate the direction of the bridge above (0=no bride, 1=x-axis, 2=y-axis). As the map array is full (for some tile types at least) the map array would have to be extended/rewritten. That's not even taking into account all drawing problems.
fabca2
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by fabca2 »

belugas wrote: and of course, OTTD at night, when everyone is asleep and so should I.
Sorry to be really so direct SirXavius, but you just wasted time to devs here, I'm sure you can understand that belugas may prefer to listen music, play ottd, or even code ottd instead of fighting with you, don't you think ?

diag road may look a very nice idea, but just think about all the work to be done (crossing these new diag road with all other track, how houses will fit with diag road... it will be really a mess, remember the time to get magic brigde ?)
At a certain time, we have to stop being childish : when devs said it's really too heavy, just stop .. or do it yourself.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Yexo wrote:
Hyronymus wrote:Diagonal bridges. As a start someone should draw very basic bridges in 8 directions instead of attempting to diagonalise the existing bridges. Diagonal tunnels would be wicked too but I know vehicles stop existing then entering a tunnel. That makes matters far more difficult I assume.
You have clearly no idea how much work diagonal bridges are. Right now, on every tile two bits are reserved to reserved to indicate the direction of the bridge above (0=no bride, 1=x-axis, 2=y-axis). As the map array is full (for some tile types at least) the map array would have to be extended/rewritten. That's not even taking into account all drawing problems.
I really do have an idea. Starting with diagonal bridges seems easier to me when you start with something new though. Also, the dev's managed to make diagonal tracks use a single tile when being placed on raised tiles. Who considered that to be possible last year?
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Hyronymus wrote:Starting with diagonal bridges seems easier to me when you start with something new though.
What new thing was started?
SirXavius
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by SirXavius »

OK, clearly, i can see that i'm dealing with silicon prodigies who can't (or don't want) to problem-solve. Not to worry. These issues can be resolved outside of this forum. I have a counterpoint barrage for each of those who responded, but it's obvious i'll be knocking down brick walls and still dealing with morons...

I often have the unfortunate effect of showing how ineffectual everyone around me actual is wherever i go. When presented with a challenge, even though they have the skills required, they can only whine, "Oh that's so much HARD TIME-CONSUMING work, and i have a real life! ;( " i find that i would rather associate with people who say, "Y'know that's a valid problem. Let's figure out how to solve it!" Even dumb oxes who solve problems are better in character than people with high IQs who whine about the hard work that has to be done...

OTTD even with its basic flaws is still an excellent game, including the changes the devs have inserted. As i resolve these issues outside of this forum, i'll make you aware when they have been addressed properly. Then maybe these young punks can learn a thing or two about true genius... :mrgreen:

And one last thing. Only the idiots that these words actually apply to will find themselves truly offended. And of course they can't help but respond....
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

So because we cannot be arsed into making what YOU want makes us whiners? Well, thank you... and you're a whiner yourself because you cannot be arsed into doing it either. No go play with your slaves that call you master and 'yes-sir' you all day long... oh no, you cannot do that because you have no dumb oxes; otherwise they would have implemented that feature for you.

This utter whining of you has only caused the following:
- time wasted by the developers that could have been used to develop new features/fix bugs.
- reduced the moral of the developers considerably.
- diminished the chance of your so-beloved feature to near 0.

Now for the fact finding:
SirXavius wrote:When presented with a challenge, even though they have the skills required, they can only whine, "Oh that's so much HARD TIME-CONSUMING work, and i have a real life! ;( " i find that i would rather associate with people who say, "Y'know that's a valid problem. Let's figure out how to solve it!" Even dumb oxes who solve problems are better in character than people with high IQs who whine about the hard work that has to be done...
and
SirXavius wrote:FORMER programmer, i am
and
SirXavius wrote:Myself, i have so many other hobbies and interests that i have willfully committed to myself that i do NOT get back into programming until i clear all the back burners i have -- books to finish writing, symphonies to finish composing, the painting series, and all of this while holding a job and paying bills. I have people who want me to draw up floor plans for their office (i know how to draft), create more crosswords for their publications and/or entertainment,
results in SirXavius having a character worse than
SirXavius wrote:dumb oxes
SirXavius wrote:And one last thing. Only the idiots that these words actually apply to will find themselves truly offended. And of course they can't help but respond....
You must be sooo happy that you could write it so you can make me an idiot. Really, you do not know how idiotic you made yourself by saying this.
Roest
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Roest »

fabca2
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by fabca2 »

SirXavius wrote:OK, clearly, i can see that i'm dealing with silicon prodigies who can't ...
Ok, thank you, good bye.
come back when you made it yourself to show how easy it was... not before please, I prefer devs commiting changes than answering you.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

End of discussion please. Continue with posting your wishes for 0.7.0.
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

May I repeat my words: "Please mention feasible wishes here"? Other things can have their dedicated thread. You may just mention about these here only if you are going to work personally on them, and after serious research you have estimated that they will be completed in a logical period of time.

{
We already have diagonal rails, but we lack bridges for them. I believe this is a higher priority than diagonal roads without diagonal road bridges.
SirXavius: Please do not continue the discussion about diagonal roads on this thread. Such a big feature deserves a separate thread.
}
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Quinnyowns
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Quinnyowns »

I'd just like to see minor stuff in 0.7 actually, like the ability to resize the subsidiary window. I think it's great as it is now, and I don't really want it to lose its TTD feel.
lols internets.
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Quinnyowns wrote:I'd just like to see minor stuff in 0.7 actually, like the ability to resize the subsidiary window. I think it's great as it is now, and I don't really want it to lose its TTD feel.
It's called subsidies, not subsidiary, and it's already resizable in trunk.
Quinnyowns
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Quinnyowns »

Yexo wrote:
Quinnyowns wrote:I'd just like to see minor stuff in 0.7 actually, like the ability to resize the subsidiary window. I think it's great as it is now, and I don't really want it to lose its TTD feel.
It's called subsidies, not subsidiary, and it's already resizable in trunk.
lol sorry - I was (am) doing an online lecture on corporate reconstruction, easily confused :)

And that's great news ^^, I guess it's likely to be in 0.7 then. I'd also like to see some sort of filter for the servers, so you can omit "Version Mismatch" servers from the result (although I'm not sure about the feasibility of this).
lols internets.
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

You can click the third header (right next to "Clients") to sort on version. Every server with a green doth has the same version and you have the correct grfs. A yellow dot means correct version but you miss some/all grfs.
tb2571989
Director
Director

Post by tb2571989 »

I'd like to sort by client version AND number of clients. Perhaps more advanced filtering such as password/no password, full clients, full companies, version mismatch, graphics mismatch etc.

Basically, have menu's of some sort to filter...this could be fairly simple (but not nearly simele enough for me to fo)

IF_VERSION_IS_NOT=CURRENT THEN SERVER_HIDE (or something like that)
IF_SERVER_IS_FULL THEN SERVER_HIDE or IF_CLIENT=10 THEN HIDE_SERVER.

If only it were so easy.

Also, copy and paste? or has this already been rejected?
What about you? Will you join me when the time comes to be a hero?

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”