[UNIV] ISR - Industrial Stations Renewal

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Industrial Stations Renewal (v 0.6.0 available!)

Post by krtaylor »

I have another suggestion, namely - spoor.

In other words, even if there is no cargo waiting at a station at the moment, there should still be some sort of "leftovers" from whatever is usually there. E.g. coal will have black powder streaks and pebbles left, hay will have stray bits, and so on.

This matters to me because I set up my railroads such that there's almost always a train sitting in the station filling up. That maximizes my rating and revenue, but also means that it is very rare that there are large quantities of cargo just sitting around. It's only with passengers and mail that I don't do that.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Kickme93
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kickme93 »

krtaylor wrote:I have another suggestion, namely - spoor.

In other words, even if there is no cargo waiting at a station at the moment, there should still be some sort of "leftovers" from whatever is usually there. E.g. coal will have black powder streaks and pebbles left, hay will have stray bits, and so on.
Nice suggestion but how will be able to remove these bits etc?
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I mean, they would be there permanently. As it is, most of my stations look very plain and bare most of the time because there isn't anything waiting there. It would be nice if there would always be at least a little bit of stuff lying around, even if the cargolevel was 0, just so you can tell at a glance what the station type is.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

wallyweb wrote:
Sanchimaru wrote:Ah, by the way: about the bails...
Suggestion:
The rectangular bales could be a simple recolour of the General Cargo crates. The round bales could be a recolour of the copper or steel coils. Then you could have some of each on the same platform. What colour you ask? Yellow for the sunny parts and brown for the shaded parts.

Next, a question ... Which cargo did you have in mind for these? Grain would be wrong as it is a bulk product stored in silos. However, they would be perfect for the fiber crops produced by George's ECS farms and accepted by his animal farms, among other industries.
As I dont use the ECS vectors, I was thinking about the grain, as I think I mentioned in the 1st post about this... I feel I need something to visualize when there are much grain waiting at a station... Grain are made from hay, so it wouldnt be that far off anyway ;)
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Trond wrote:As I dont use the ECS vectors, I was thinking about the grain, as I think I mentioned in the 1st post about this... I feel I need something to visualize when there are much grain waiting at a station... Grain are made from hay, so it wouldnt be that far off anyway ;)
Actually hay is a form of grass fed to animals. Grain comes from the flower of wheat or corn or similar plants. However, I agree with you about using the bales to indicate grain with those industry sets that don't have a hay like product. I wonder if it would be possible to have the grf detect whether fiber products are available and apply the appropriate cargo to the bales.
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

I agree that hay is grass, but isnt grain the seeds from the grass, not the flower? Thats what I tought, and some fast reading at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cereal shows me this wiki agrees with me :P

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Double Post Excuse: This is a bugreport...

Station setup: Mineral unloader (1) + Mineral unloader (2) + Train Shed + Mineral unloader (3) + Mineral unloader (4). Train enters from last tile in that sequence. The station is on a ledge.

Mineral unloader (2) in front of the trainshed blinks, so that is dissapears when train is entering. See pic1+pic2. Dont *think* the same is happening with mineral unloader (4).
pic1
pic1
trainshed1.png (15 KiB) Viewed 4588 times
pic2
pic2
trainshed2.png (15.62 KiB) Viewed 4585 times
While this is how it looks when 'the blink' is correct. pic3
pic3
pic3
trainshed3.png (23.81 KiB) Viewed 4586 times
Also, while I'm at it... Trainshed with mineral unloader would be awesome :)

Bertrand Russell

Kickme93
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kickme93 »

I cant quite see what the bug in that picture is...

Care to explain it more?
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

The mineral unloader (2) tile dissapears. Look under the train at station tile 2, pic1. Under the 2nd and 3rd wagon.

Bertrand Russell

Kickme93
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kickme93 »

Oh yeah...

I see it now.
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

Kickme93 wrote: Looks like the UKRS.Grf

Am I right?
>Kickme: Yes you are correct, it is UKRS. :)
Trond wrote:This is a bugreport...

Station setup: Mineral unloader...
>Trond: Thanks for the bug report. I've had a lot of problems with these flickering base tiles. :| I though I'd found a solution to the problem but it now seems that there are still some situations where it can still occur.

I have an idea that I think will eliminate the problem. I will do some experiments...
Kickme93
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kickme93 »

mart3p wrote:
Kickme93 wrote: Looks like the UKRS.Grf

Am I right?
>Kickme: Yes you are correct, it is UKRS. :)

I have an idea that I think will eliminate the problem. I will do some experiments...
Thanks for that reply.

0.0 Your a scientist XD
onodera
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by onodera »

Trond wrote:I agree that hay is grass, but isnt grain the seeds from the grass, not the flower? Thats what I tought, and some fast reading at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cereal shows me this wiki agrees with me :P
But doesn't straw, which is what is left after the cereal seeds are removed, look different from hay? I remember from my summers in the country that fooling around in hay was fun, but fooling around in straw was quite painful. :roll:
It's a nodding donkey in my avatar, not me! I'm an oil rig.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

From the altitude of the player window, I imagine that hay and straw would look quite similar, whether wrapped in bales or just strewn on the platform.

The flickering base-tiles were a constant problem in the old set, as were trains-under-base-tiles. Although it may not be perfect now, it's a huge improvement!
Kickme93
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kickme93 »

Question

By any chance is there supposed to be a very bugged up switch yard addition?
Attachments
All The Additions Are Bugged Up..
All The Additions Are Bugged Up..
bugged.png (132.71 KiB) Viewed 4346 times
mph
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mph »

I dont know what you mean, but I think you just don't realise how its meant to look.

See ben_k's screenshot here, and play around with it. The version of the grf I have is not bugged up at all.
previously known as daylight
Kickme93
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kickme93 »

Ah.. So it's supposed to look like that.

That's one nice station by the way
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

>mph: Thanks, although that's not Ben_K's screenshot. It's one of mine that he reposted. :)

>Kickme93: I'm beginning to wish I could carry out the procedure that your user name requests. ;) Just for you, here is another switchyard screenshot.
factory switchyard.png
factory switchyard.png (39.5 KiB) Viewed 4102 times
And a suggestion; try using mineral silo stations at your gravel quarries and clay pits. :)
PBI stations.png
PBI stations.png (184.07 KiB) Viewed 4104 times
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

The screenshots get more impressive each time I see a new one.

Daaamn I need to get OpenTTD on my n810 ;).
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Kickme93
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kickme93 »

Ah. thanks for the info on the switch yard

Before i was using 0.5.3 and didn't know about it.
Then upgraded to 0.6.0 and thought it was a bug or something.

Return to “Graphics Development”