Frankb88's Screenshot Showvcase [OTTD]

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Frankb88's Screenshot Showvcase

Post by peter1138 »

Ameecher wrote:Something is seriously up with your ICE3 in the last shot.
Yup, that's what happens when you start a train with Michael's "MORE" or "STOP" sprites. No sprite is defined for the other directions so a placeholder is unsed instead.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Gord wrote:... IKEA grf...
I think SAC did once. Or at least, I remember seeing her use it. It was bloody good too! :lol:

Also, I have a GRF recommendation:
Try the Industrial Stations Renewal for some...erm... industrial stations! You might find them more fitting than passenger based ones. :)
Gord
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Gord »

Jump wrote:Stupid question, but why don't you build your tramline on the roads?
I can't speak for Frank, but i sometimes like to use tram tracks as a metro system....like the tyne and wear metro or something. Some of the tram track grfs make this look possible...be nice to create tram stops as little metro stations...complete with newcastle and/or sunderland graffiti all over them! :P
Frankb88
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Frankb88 »

@ Ben K... I tried the industry renewal set, unfortunately for me i couldnt get it to work and me being rather impatient gave up rather quickly. Although i might have annother stab at it tonight.

@ Gord and others regarding the tram layout.

Because i had trams running in a few other towns and i felt like doing something what looked a little different. As Gord said, kinda' like a metro service.

PS... about the strange train: I know nothing about sprites, or what sprites even are! I just figured there is something wrong lol.
Lifes a b****... then you marry one.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Frankb88 wrote:PS... about the strange train: I know nothing about sprites, or what sprites even are! I just figured there is something wrong lol.
When you build the ICE 3 and begin to add coaches it says "MORE" which means, Add more coaches. When actual coaches appear you can either stop or add more (It'll say MORE again) until you see coaches again. When it says STOP you need to remove some coaches.
Frankb88
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Frankb88 »

Ahhh, Omnirail has now been resurected! After their first project proved amazingly succesful they decided to set up camp in a new country, New Britain. A country with names adopted from the United Kingdom.
So, Omnirail saw an oppertunity in a small town known as Kirkby, with a nice fresh spot to build a station which is well acsessible to the local community. A short two track line was then set up to connect Kirkby to fairly nearby Sale. Annother town previously untouched by transportation companies Sale was a golden oppertunity for OmniRail to establish a steady start in New Britain.

The picture shows a quick glimse of the Kirkby station.
1 - Kirkby.PNG
1 - Kirkby.PNG (67 KiB) Viewed 3099 times

Now, with two trains servicing the ever increasingly busy Kirkby-Sale route income is growing nicely with the greatest passenger demand coming from the sale station due to its placement next to the busy commercial office blocks etc.

This picture shows Sale station, its situation and its approach in action.
2 - Sale.PNG
2 - Sale.PNG (109.03 KiB) Viewed 3099 times
Soon after this, further development needed to take place for OmniRail to really make a name for itself in New Britain. OmniRail did not want a reputation for a company who only catered to the larger communities. So OmniRail decided to construct a modist station in the sleepy town of Stirling. The local towns people were extatic following the opening of the station hoping it could bring in big money to the town and could help fund its growth for the future.

The following picture shows the modest station.
3- Stirling.PNG
3- Stirling.PNG (57.49 KiB) Viewed 3098 times
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

In the approach to Sale, it would seem that both 'branches' (going south) end up in the same place?
Do trains even use the upper one? :-o
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
Frankb88
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Frankb88 »

Well i decided to ditch the last game, i didnt like the map very much and things didnt pan out the way i would of liked. Got to the point where i couldnt be arsed to log on so i've decided to play a new map, completely flat quite like my local area (west london what is mostly flat), this way i can concentrate on making some very decent networks, also it is a very large map 1000x1000 (not the exact number but i always forget it).

Yet again i am playing as the ever conquering OmniRail and have decided to use a lovely flourescent yellow as our colour scheme (im sure you can sleep easily now).

Anyway, onto the business side of things:

Construction kicked off in the South Western area of the land. It was decided to start here as it is rumoured they span a bottle and set up construction in whatever direction it pointed... Then again it didnt come from the most reliable source.
A four lane mainline was constructed servicing approxemetly 15 stations known as the South Western Line Hemel Hempstead and Batley are the towns of which the end of the line stations where chosen to be housed, along with a Yard/Sidings to acompany them.
1 - Batley.JPG
1 - Batley.JPG (124.41 KiB) Viewed 2951 times
2 - Hemel Hemstead.JPG
2 - Hemel Hemstead.JPG (132.14 KiB) Viewed 547 times
A large town fastly turning into a city wanted in on the South Western Line so a sizeable junction had to be created to add the town to line.
There are a few trains only servicing the largest stations along the route but there are also 10 trains what service every station along the prolific South Western Line.
3 - Junction.JPG
3 - Junction.JPG (151.17 KiB) Viewed 549 times
Frankb88
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Frankb88 »

GoneWacko wrote:In the approach to Sale, it would seem that both 'branches' (going south) end up in the same place?
Do trains even use the upper one? :-o

Ps. They did indeed when they had to.
Frankb88
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Frankb88 »

With the South Western Line approaching completion a total of about 20 trains service the route. Commuters are perfectly content with the service they are recieving now except for passengers at Hemel Hempstead and Batley due to traffic troubles. OmniRail soon got on it and sorted out a much more suitable, efficient approach to the OmniRail Super stations.
4 - Improved Batley.JPG
4 - Improved Batley.JPG (181.74 KiB) Viewed 546 times
With the increased amount of trains small ques began to form at some of the smaller stations along the route so OmniRail decided to expand the 4 track stations into 6 track stations and now things run like clockwork.
5 - Stroud.JPG
5 - Stroud.JPG (83.46 KiB) Viewed 2905 times
The OmniRail enterprise have now officially stated that the South Eastern Line is now 100% completed and running totally efficiently. Now OmniRail have laid a solid set of foundations to build upon OmniRail have an extremely profitable network to fund the future ventures. Annother network is on the drawing boards to service the Central Area of the map and expanding outwards. The line is planned to visit Hemel Hempstead station, firstly because it provides a place for passengers to switch from the South Western Line to the Unamed Central Line and visa versa therefore expanding transportation prospects beyond the horizon.

The next picture shows Skipton in full flow at the busiest time.
6 - Skipton.JPG
6 - Skipton.JPG (118.84 KiB) Viewed 550 times
All comments, queries or moans are welcome, infact they are encouraged :)... Afterall whats the point in posting on the forums if i cant enjoy them with you.
Frankb88
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Frankb88 »

O damn damn damn!!!!! Saved the files to .Jpg accidentaly, i hope you can find it in yourselves to forgive me, promise it won't happen again. :wink:
beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by beeb375 »

I forgive ya, looking pretty good in fact, not sure about the Network Rail yellow though.
“Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The ‘x’ makes it sound cool.”
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

What don't you take the screenshots in .PNG format in the first place?

Also, you may want to investigate the generic buffer set. Check GRFCrawler. ;)
Frankb88
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Frankb88 »

Ameecher wrote:What don't you take the screenshots in .PNG format in the first place?

Also, you may want to investigate the generic buffer set. Check GRFCrawler. ;)
Already have them my friend, problem is they don't seem to work, they come out in pink!
Also when i take my screen shots i just screen dump into paint, makes for quick cropping as i don't watch the whole thing and im used to changing to .Jpeg because of file size.

On the generic bufer note though, i might have a play around with them tonight when i get home from work as i want my sidings to look better.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

The reason for them being pink is because you have the dos version and you the windows version or vice versa.
Frankb88
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Frankb88 »

Ameecher wrote:The reason for them being pink is because you have the dos version and you the windows version or vice versa.
Ahh, what would i do without you Ameecher, you seem to know everything, *golf claps*.
Frankb88
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Frankb88 »

Anyway, back to the game.

With the South Western Line complete, running nicely and funding future ventures for OmniRail, plans were drawn up to construct a new line what serviced the central area of the map. After much planning the first pieces of track were laid and the construction hit full swing and a very long process of putting together a gigantic mainline what effectively goes in a circle, or more precisely an oval. The track layout was to be a Quad track mainline with 2 one way tracks going in either direction.

After about two years of construction, blood, tears and (in my case A LOT of caffeine to keep me awake) the line was complete. The capacity of the line was enormous, and trains were put into production to service the line. 40 trains where initially purchased to service the line and the line was opened on the 2nd of october 1990, 1 year later than the target date set. The line was named the ICCL (The Inner-City Circle Line). With 20 trains servicing each direction customers where absoloutly delighted with the new service they were recieving, none more so than citizens of Hemel Hempstead who due to its station being a main station for both lines, the town experienced some serious growth and thanks to Hemel Heampsteads modern station, people could transfer between the two prolific lines.
7 - Hemel Hempstead 2 Line.PNG
7 - Hemel Hempstead 2 Line.PNG (189.97 KiB) Viewed 2708 times
10 More trains were then purchased to keep the sky high demand for the service satisfied. The lines are both getting very busy, but capacity is not even nearly reached on the ICCL but the below picture shows a particuarly busy stretch of both the SWL and the ICCL, things rarely get this busy in actual fact though.
8 - Busy Stretch.PNG
8 - Busy Stretch.PNG (76.3 KiB) Viewed 2707 times
After consultation from fellow train guru, director F.Bishop managed to get his hands on some plain buffers. These where incorporated into Tewkesbury sidings next to its very large and particularly well serviced station, a.k.a Tewkesbury Central.
[ps. cheers Ameecher ;)]
9 -Tewkesbury Central and sidings..PNG
9 -Tewkesbury Central and sidings..PNG (136.58 KiB) Viewed 555 times

Return to “Screenshots”