New Graphics - Blender ".blend" thread (Works In Progress)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: New Graphics - Blender ".blend" thread

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

Double posting to break the silence. This weekend I've worked on the company boss's. I've only done the European faces so far, I'll move on the African ones next I think. All the sprites are 'done' to the first stage, so I'll post them now for general opinions. (I completely randomly grabbed 24 from game) There in numbered columns for referencing if people want. There is some issue with some of the sprite edges in this image as well because of the resizing (e.g. edge of eyes sprite), and the team colours on the backdrop aren't quite right as well.

EDIT: re-uploaded the .tar with the correct folders in, so it should just work. Thanks Geektoo.
Attachments
Faces.PNG
Faces.PNG (445.35 KiB) Viewed 59377 times
Faces.tar
(1.62 MiB) Downloaded 4490 times
Ben
GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GeekToo »

Ben,

Just one word: WOW !

You really are a gifted artist.

== Edit: next remark is fixed==
One remark for anyone who wants to use this: the tar is created without the relative paths sprites/trg1r, so you have to untar it in the bin/data/sprites/trg1r directory yourself. When you've done that, try to change the managers face ( european ) and be amazed!
Last edited by GeekToo on 28 Jan 2008 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
BerberJesus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BerberJesus »

@Ben_Robbins: Wow! very nice! They looks like the old faces but much better.

Hi, here is my new paper mill. Your opinions?

sorry for my poor english ;-)
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Excellent!
I didn't believe they would look so good. Bravo Ben_Robbins. :]

BerberJesus: I like it. You maight work on paper rolls. A cover of different color or are they wrapped with transparent plastic? 2 towers need more color variation.
Last edited by athanasios on 30 Jan 2008 00:11, edited 1 time in total.
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Gonozal_VIII
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gonozal_VIII »

nice :D but what are those grey, zylindrical things at the back? wood without texture?
BerberJesus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BerberJesus »

yes, thats wood. There is still a lot of work.
sorry for my poor english ;-)
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Re: Ben_Robbins_
WOW! very very very wow! Is there any chance an 8bpp conversion of those could be used for the 8bpp replacement project?
Bad_Brett
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Bad_Brett »

Ben_Robbins_

Absolutely amazing. This is turning out so great!

I would consider changing the green eye colour though, with less nuclear waste feeling. I'm aware that they look like that in the original game, but your faces look so realstic, that it would be a shame to let those eyes ruin them.

http://www.shaniasplace.com/Shania%20Ne ... enEyes.jpg
Wacki
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Wacki »

Ben, it is really really GOOD!!!!!! I love this! :)
BerberJesus - your paper mill is very nice too!!!

I made a new building (still WIP), but it is not good like your things :oops:
Attachments
tropical hotel.png
tropical hotel.png (397.58 KiB) Viewed 1478 times
Sorry for my very bad English!!! :(
I am 3dsmax artist.
dmh_mac
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dmh_mac »

Ben_Robbins_ wrote:Double posting to break the silence. This weekend I've worked on the company boss's. I've only done the European faces so far, I'll move on the African ones next I think. All the sprites are 'done' to the first stage, so I'll post them now for general opinions. (I completely randomly grabbed 24 from game) There in numbered columns for referencing if people want. There is some issue with some of the sprite edges in this image as well because of the resizing (e.g. edge of eyes sprite), and the team colours on the backdrop aren't quite right as well.

EDIT: re-uploaded the .tar with the correct folders in, so it should just work. Thanks Geektoo.
This image is like having a realy great nightmare :D
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

Don't include thumbs.db, it's 290KB alone!
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

Thanks guys!

Zephyris: You can use them if you want; I don't have time currently to work on both projects though. There would need to be some work on making them work without the alpha layer, but it shouldn’t be too hard.

Bad_Brett: The eyes are done using team colours. The brown and green are variants of the blue eyes, so the green could only be dulled by dulling all. I think therefore this is a coding issue if it was to be changed.

BerberJesus: Good to see you've come back with some more great work. I'd suggest 2 things:

Firstly adding some mud or dirt texture between the floor and the building edge so it's less clean. Boxes or general rubbish leaning up against it also.

Secondly, there should be something between the 2 buildings (where the green pipe is) that allows you to see the products in a midway stage. That way you the full workflow of the site would be visually apparent. (as it already is with the paper role being pushed out the doorway.) Also maybe a pile of wood chippings, and/or, it being visible where the logs are being loaded in and shredded.

peter1138: hmm, yeah. Removed. (annoying that windows keeps sticking it back everytime I go up to the folder it's in.)
Ben
PouncingAnt
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by PouncingAnt »

I just tried using the .tar you provided with the faces, and unfortunately it didn't work. (Using linux) It appears the .png files have been renamed (ie. do not have ####.png, but ####_zm1.png). If I rename them back, they appear in the game, but much too large to fit neatly into the face preview box.
NB: the below challenges are still open for submission, so feel free to perform necromancy on them!
Try the PouncingAnt National Monopoly Challenge
Or even better, the PouncingAnt National Monopoly Challenge 2
Or better still, the PouncingAnt National Monopoly Challenge 3
Or, the PouncingAnt National Monopoly Challenge 4

Or try my scenario instead!

-(A lazy) OpenTTD Japanese Translator-
-(A lazy) PNGcodec user-
"You get what you pay for, so pay attention!"

Patches:
Company Station Stats
DeletedUser5
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DeletedUser5 »

They're for GeekToo version. That's why they don't work with actual version.
Ben_Robbins_: Beautiful faces!
Wacki: Great hotel! But I don't see any building 2x2 in tropical climate.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Ben_Robbins_ wrote:peter1138: hmm, yeah. Removed. (annoying that windows keeps sticking it back everytime I go up to the folder it's in.)
You can make that not happen, I'm pretty sure.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

@Ben.. WOW! :bow: :bow:

The third one in the second row reminds me of a famous actor.. But I don't remember the name, so I can't guve any pic :D I know he has played is some Westerns...
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

"The third one in the second row reminds me of a famous actor.. But I don't remember the name, so I can't guve any pic :D I know he has played is some Westerns..."

The 2nd one reminds me of the guy who played the cripple man from the train in 'once upon a time in the west'. The 3th on the 2nd row reminds me of someone who played in one of the dirty harry movies as a 'bad inspector', and in another movie he played the inspector who was working on his last day before pension who had to catch a middle aged divorced man who has gone totally postal.
the last one on the 3th row reminds me of the actor who played the boss of the A-team in the last series :).

by the way, is the 2nd person on row D a man or a woman? ;).

Anyway they looks great keep it up!
Dragonling
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dragonling »

broodje wrote:"The third one in the second row reminds me of a famous actor.. But I don't remember the name, so I can't guve any pic :D I know he has played is some Westerns..."
Charles Bronson? :D
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

DaleStan wrote:
Ben_Robbins_ wrote:peter1138: hmm, yeah. Removed. (annoying that windows keeps sticking it back everytime I go up to the folder it's in.)
You can make that not happen, I'm pretty sure.
Indeed you can, it's in the explorer folder options somewhere. I'm not on a Windows box currently so I can't be more specific, I just know it can be disabled.
Last edited by Jupix on 28 Jan 2008 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
#################
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Dragonling wrote:
broodje wrote:"The third one in the second row reminds me of a famous actor.. But I don't remember the name, so I can't guve any pic :D I know he has played is some Westerns..."
Charles Bronson? :D
Nope.. He has played as Sheriffs I think... Maybe movie "White Fang.." not sure though.

EDIT: Geoffrey Lewis
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.

Return to “Graphics Development”