New Graphics - Blender ".blend" thread (Works In Progress)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

TagDaze
Engineer
Engineer

Re: New Graphics - Blender ".blend" thread

Post by TagDaze »

Yep, that's your beetle. :) I found it somewhere in my 3rd party models folder and remembered I was gonna use it for the HQ, so I just kinda parked it there.

The trees are not as good, you say? Why's that?
Wacki
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Wacki »

I think, that it can look like this:
But trees should be move near to wall.
Attachments
HQ.png
HQ.png (268.01 KiB) Viewed 17324 times
Sorry for my very bad English!!! :(
I am 3dsmax artist.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Ok that is hot. i agree with the tree placement (if you move them).. it would look more realistic and lets us see the hard work you put into the buildings.

i think a truck might be better in the driveway. or no car at all. the only reason being is it sort of "dates" the HQ, it might limit what years you can use it for.

looks good though. I might have to steal the graphics for one of my sets .. LOL.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
TagDaze
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TagDaze »

Plastikman wrote:lets us see the hard work you put into the buildings.
I kinda placed them there to cover the parts I did NOT work hard on. :V
I'll move them over to cover up the green patch of nothing.
Plastikman wrote:The only reason being is it sort of "dates" the HQ, it might limit what years you can use it for.
I thought of that too, and then I remembered the beetle made quite a come-back lately, with the VW New Beetle.

I'll see what I can fix. Expect more soon.
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

To be honest when you talked about a Beetle I had no idea what car you were talking about. The car in the driveway reminded me more of a '32 Ford V8.
#################
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

Right, Spent all this weekend making grass.... I'm really sick of grass now. So this is basically it I think, cause I have really had enough now!. 708 sprites done. I've attached a .txt which was the todo list, now done, so that lists the changes. But basically some stuff wasn't aligned correct, there were holes, I wasn't happy with some of the lines, and the growing grass needed to be done, as well as the z1, z2 zoom levels for multiple things. For the no lines set, they are the same as lines, without lines!. Seems obvious, but actually a no line set will probably need to have less variation in the texture to make it tile better, as a grid system makes tileing far easier. I personally prefer having lines, so made the tiles primerally with that in mind. Alterations are welcome.

I suppose for easy reference this is v2 for everything. The 'ground' set is split up so its uploadable. We do now need a place to upload/download these from/to, as the forum isn't really the place to continually upload to for various reasons. The bat file and pngcodec are in the small folder if people want to make changes themselves. (Might be best if any of the files people have uploaded with the grass/soil/rocks as it was prier to this get removed to avoid confusion.)

Anyway, here they all are...Mind out below....
Attachments
Ground - Lines - Grass - 33%.rar
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 1214 times
Ground - Lines - Grass - 66%.rar
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 892 times
Ground - Lines - Grass - 100%.rar
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 1021 times
Ground - Lines - Grass - Bumps.rar
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 893 times
Ground - Lines - Rocks.rar
(1.8 MiB) Downloaded 919 times
Ground - Lines - Soil.rar
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 864 times
Ground - No Lines - Grass - 33%.rar
(1.44 MiB) Downloaded 1034 times
Ground - No Lines - Grass - 66%.rar
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 1119 times
Ground - No Lines - Grass - 100%.rar
(1.53 MiB) Downloaded 1303 times
Ground - No Lines - Grass - Bumps.rar
(1.66 MiB) Downloaded 1116 times
Ground - No Lines - Rocks.rar
(1.83 MiB) Downloaded 1089 times
Ground - No Lines - Soil.rar
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 926 times
Other.rar
(29.68 KiB) Downloaded 830 times
todo.txt
(2.13 KiB) Downloaded 630 times
Ben
DeletedUser5
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DeletedUser5 »

Wow! 708 sprites are done!
By the way, did you continued or did something with farms/farm fences? I've looked trough theard and found this.

@EDIT: And I have something to work on this week.
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

Put on hold like so many things as I decided to work from the ground up, but I was actually thinking of making that the next step, although I may also move off ground sprites for a few days just to regain sanity.
Ben
DeletedUser5
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DeletedUser5 »

What I can say - I don't have work. It's coded so I don't know why you putted there Other.rar

@EDIT: To use Ben's Graphics with GeekToo's patch, download graphics with lines / w/o lines and unpack those to /data/sprites/trg1r. And screenshot of those:
Attachments
Flabridge Transport, 24th Apr 2000.png
Flabridge Transport, 24th Apr 2000.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 1976 times
Wacki
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Wacki »

I finished my desert tiles, so I decide post them here.
Ben: I undestand you, make tiles are really crazy :x , fortunately I made for this time only desert tiles with grid lines.

EDIT: I posted here bad .tar, now it would be work correctly ;)
Attachments
desert.tar
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 3179 times
Last edited by Wacki on 22 Jan 2008 15:59, edited 1 time in total.
I am 3dsmax artist.
DeletedUser5
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DeletedUser5 »

Beautiful, Wacki! However they don'r work without unpacking. Wonder why?

@EDIT: Works fine now.
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

Great stuff Wacki!, I can feel your pain!

There are a few pixels that are missing or are semi opaque still though, which you probably don't want to hear. I have in the past used this tar to expose where they are. (It's just solid white blocks for the selection tool which makes the 'holes' show up clearly). (The alignments are done in the old stile so it may need sorting, but this does make it a lot easier I have found)

Soeb: Sorry I didn't make it clear that I had sorted the alignments. I had to do the alignments as I went along so I could find the remaining problems. I attached 'other' so that other people can edit them in programs which wipe the data and then quickly add the alignments again if they wanted to.
Attachments
Whitefill.tar
(50 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
Ben
Wacki
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Wacki »

Ben_Robbins_ wrote: There are a few pixels that are missing or are semi opaque still though, which you probably don't want to hear. I have in the past used this tar to expose where they are. (It's just solid white blocks for the selection tool which makes the 'holes' show up clearly). (The alignments are done in the old stile so it may need sorting, but this does make it a lot easier I have found)
Yes, you´re right :( But I am glad, that you posted here whitefill - it could be very usefull!!!! But this tiles are only 256x127px
Ben_Robbins_ wrote: I attached 'other' so that other people can edit them in programs which wipe the data and then quickly add the alignments again if they wanted to.
Thank you for it!!! It is "powerful tool" I used it for pngcodec my desert tiles :)
I am 3dsmax artist.
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

There not perfect, but because the grass exceeds the edge of the tile the missing pixels were highlighted still so I didn't bother to correct it. I have completed the soil since making that so you could take that .tar and just open them in PS, load the selection, delete and fill white and save, (repeat) and that would do the job.

The "powerful tool"(!), was actually beyond my abilities, so Geektoo told me how to do that, but yes it is very helpful.
Ben
dmh_mac
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dmh_mac »

Hello everybody, as stated previously I have decide to release the blendfiles I made for openttd.
I have chosen to release them under the creative commons attribution share alike licence, but if and when Openttd requires it I will rerelease the files under a different licence (i.e. GPL).
I hope these files will be of some use to the openttd community, so feel free to check them out.

A few renders to refresh your memory:
1-buildingb.png
1-buildingb.png (78.97 KiB) Viewed 16102 times
5-lumbermill-b.png
5-lumbermill-b.png (382.45 KiB) Viewed 14974 times
14-stores-a.png
14-stores-a.png (64.19 KiB) Viewed 14818 times

There's more (I think 17 or so) in the archive.
dmh_mac
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dmh_mac »

archive be attached below
Attachments
dmh_mac_blends_(cc)_a_sa 2008.7z
(2.13 MiB) Downloaded 636 times
GeekToo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GeekToo »

Thanks Dmh_Mac, I've seen your work before and it's magnificent. I don't know much about licences, but that'll be sorted out I think.

But what bothers me a bit: sending all the files etc. is very good, but it does give the feeling you want to leave the project. Which would really be a pity, because I think you're one of the best artists of this thread (no offense to anyone, there are some more very gifted people). So, is that your intention or can we expect more of you in the future?
dmh_mac
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dmh_mac »

GeekToo wrote:Thanks Dmh_Mac, I've seen your work before and it's magnificent. I don't know much about licences, but that'll be sorted out I think.

But what bothers me a bit: sending all the files etc. is very good, but it does give the feeling you want to leave the project. Which would really be a pity, because I think you're one of the best artists of this thread (no offense to anyone, there are some more very gifted people). So, is that your intention or can we expect more of you in the future?
Well I haven't been actively posting or creating ottd stuff for some time, allthough I do hope to find the time to create some more graphics.
I had these files just sitting on my harddrive and felt it would be a waste for nothing to be done with them.
So for now (and the past year or so) I don't have the time, but hopefuly in the future.
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

awesome dmh_mac!
IIRC, some other artists also released their graphics under creative commons, so I don't expect that will be a problem.

I agree that your work is right up there with the best we've seen so far :)
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

...additional to what I said in the pm's and in agreement with what others have said, I actually think your work was what really set the standards that people are trying to make their work to. If it hadn't been for the great work that was done at the very beginning of the project I wonder if the other work people have been doing would have been to the same level.
Ben

Return to “Graphics Development”