New Graphics - Blender ".blend" thread (Works In Progress)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Very cool, looks great :D You're really not lazy, kudos to you!
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Wiki Page/Talk, Member of the OpenTTD Scenarios Team
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

I think this would make a nice replacement for the Dinger 1000, because that's also a supersonic design and fictional, and it would be good to have the fictional ones replaced.
StRaVeN
Engineer
Engineer

Post by StRaVeN »

It will be grate to give Wacki status not engineer, but 3D MASTER
GRATE GRATE GRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DarkFenX
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DarkFenX »

Born Acorn wrote:I think this would make a nice replacement for the Dinger 1000, because that's also a supersonic design and fictional, and it would be good to have the fictional ones replaced.
I also agree with this point... dinger 200/1000 are ugly for me because of their general concept, so no matter which quality they're drawn in.
- It's hot as hell in here.
- You see it too? For me, it's always like this.
-------------------
Jabber: DarkFenX@jabber.org
Need_Help
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Need_Help »

Well, your idea and modelling is not bad. But I think it won't be able to fly in real life, because of its design ;)

Raven
Director
Director

Post by Raven »

Tell Boeing... :roll:

Anyway, an article worth reading, with some more futuristic models in the links.

http://www.aircrash.org/burnelli/n30.htm

Planes seem to follow the principle that if it looks cool, it'll work. Though the article seems more like a rant.
6th Member of the Reciox - The Inner Circle

pak96 Simutrans Depot
http://www.raven.simutrans.com
DarkFenX
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DarkFenX »

Wikipedia wrote:Wind tunnel testing and computational fluid dynamics analysis further refined the Sonic Cruiser concept. Based on artwork released by Boeing in July 2002, the Sonic Cruiser now sported two taller vertical tails with no inward cant. The forward canard was set at zero degrees dihedral.
Well, with that changes it could fly :)
http://www.boeing.com/news/feature/concept/photos.html (last photo is rough model of 'able to fly' plane as far as i understand)
But imo, for futuristic look, it's worth to leave concept in its initial state.
Btw, i compared drawn sonic cruiser with concepts... and have few thoughts. If it's intended to replace dinger 1000 - it's okay.
But if dinger 200, i'd prefer model like this - with high hull diameter (and its shape is different too). Looks as much more respectable plane :)
- It's hot as hell in here.
- You see it too? For me, it's always like this.
-------------------
Jabber: DarkFenX@jabber.org
Wacki
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Wacki »

I make new model. It is only my fantasy, so I don't know, wich model it is similar???
Attachments
unknown2.PNG
unknown2.PNG (234.11 KiB) Viewed 2874 times
unknown1.PNG
unknown1.PNG (253.19 KiB) Viewed 2873 times
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

It resembles the boeing sonic cruiser a bit!

Very nice job! I hope you can keep this marvellous work up! :D :!:
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

problem with your futuristic planes is that they are (obviously) based on your previous models of the boing, i would suggest a new type of hull (wider, less round or whatever)

the last img = your kelling+boing front-side....

not critisising you, i cant do it, but just asking you to think about a new hull shape.....
mexicoshanty
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mexicoshanty »

Mr. X wrote:It resembles the boeing sonic cruiser a bit!

Very nice job! I hope you can keep this marvellous work up! :D :!:
Yes it does. I'd actually like to look like a cross with the dreamliner as well, with pointer wings that go up .. or down. The wings just look to flat atm. But it's very nice, so are all your other ones.
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

Wacki: You’re quickly producing a large amount of really good stuff and the overall shape, texturing and look of the models is really nice, but I have noticed the 2 following things:

For the futuristic planes I don't think this applies as they may just have a 1 piece shell, but for most planes I think they would be less perfect in reality. Joints, subtle lines, markings on the paintwork and general mini features would sort this out.

I've noticed the plane door sizes vary greatly also on some renders. Do they vary in this way in reality?

ZxBiohazardZx: I actually think futuristic models, which have clear links to older models, is a good thing. It shows the gradual development in technology, and the building on what was there before, which is realistic. It’s important that each model has something quite unique about it though also, as you suggested.
Ben
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Ben_Robbins_ wrote:I've noticed the plane door sizes vary greatly also on some renders. Do they vary in this way in reality?
It could be due to the scalling. But thats my hypothesis. :P (I don't know what Wacky used for his references.)

I hope he will redo all the planes so we have suitable 32bpp planes for OTTD. :D
brupje
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by brupje »

New house :)
Attachments
house_1x1.png
house_1x1.png (52.21 KiB) Viewed 2725 times
PouncingAnt
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by PouncingAnt »

Looks like a house I made on the sims (yes I played that game :oops: )
NB: the below challenges are still open for submission, so feel free to perform necromancy on them!
Try the PouncingAnt National Monopoly Challenge
Or even better, the PouncingAnt National Monopoly Challenge 2
Or better still, the PouncingAnt National Monopoly Challenge 3
Or, the PouncingAnt National Monopoly Challenge 4

Or try my scenario instead!

-(A lazy) OpenTTD Japanese Translator-
-(A lazy) PNGcodec user-
"You get what you pay for, so pay attention!"

Patches:
Company Station Stats
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Indeed, very sims like, no problems with that, I find it nice and tiny. :P

Good one! :D
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Ben_Robbins_ wrote:I've noticed the plane door sizes vary greatly also on some renders. Do they vary in this way in reality?
Doors do vary, although on the 'unknown1' the front 2 look odd. The proportions are not quite right. However, you do get different sized escape hatches. For example, see the 2nd from rear door on this Boeing 757..

The 2 at the back are 'over wing exits' which are smaller escape points. There would be at least 2 exit at the front for that aircraft type. In fact, I think they would need one at the rear too in order to get safety certified (Its about exit times in an emergency - overwing exits arent reliable).

Brupje: Great looking house! :) Veeery Sims! :D
PluueeR
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PluueeR »

I think these planes look really cool. You can see the evolution in plane-design from the planes we know nowadays to these planes.

If we want something futuristic, why not make a teleport. :D

A really expensive one naturally :D
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

PluueeR wrote:I think these planes look really cool. You can see the evolution in plane-design from the planes we know nowadays to these planes.

If we want something futuristic, why not make a teleport. :D

A really expensive one naturally :D
It's a game about transport, and a teleport is a way of traveling without transport so defeating the game's purpose IMHO. :wink:
Need_Help
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Need_Help »

But you can commercialize it. Maybe you can build a teleport machine, just like building the bus stop. Then, you can start teleporting people and earn the 'ticket' fee from them :) And the teleport machine also have its 'capacity', the 'transportation time' is depending on the distant, and there are x numbers of 'passengers' can use it at the same time. So you can buy more machines and add it to that 'station' if its not enough ;)

Return to “Graphics Development”