Sergey_S Graphics thread

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Brianetta wrote:That, by the way, is international copyright law, which is constant and compatible in the majority of countries in the world. You have no implicit rights or freedoms to use another person's work, in any way at all with the exception of "fair use" which (in the UK at least) includes parody and example only.
That sums things up nicely. If any artists see any of their work being violated that they are not happy about, I urge them to contact the mod/admin team, and we will shut it down. Until then, this thread may continue.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Sergej_S wrote:Under the Russian laws - silence - mark of the consent!
It's lie, Sergej.

Сергей, не гони. Законы у нас в области защиты авторских прав почти такие же, как и за рубежом. То, что за нарушения пока редко карают не является основанием считать их иными.
Image Image Image Image
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

George wrote:
It's lie, Sergej.

Сергей, не гони. Законы у нас в области защиты авторских прав почти такие же, как и за рубежом. То, что за нарушения пока редко карают не является основанием считать их иными.
George? Please translate for those that don't speak Russian?

Thankyou :))
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Raichase wrote:
George wrote:
It's lie, Sergej.

I wrote, that Laws are fast the same as in the whole worlds. Sergej just missed, that a fact that these laws do not work (there are fast no cases when they were applied :( ), does not mean that they are different.
Image Image Image Image
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

George wrote:
Raichase wrote:
George wrote:It's lie, Sergej.

I wrote, that Laws are fast the same as in the whole worlds. Sergej just missed, that a fact that these laws do not work (there are fast no cases when they were applied :( ), does not mean that they are different.
Thankyou George.
ImageImage
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

George wrote:I wrote, that Laws are fast the same as in the whole worlds. Sergej just missed, that a fact that these laws do not work (there are fast no cases when they were applied ), does not mean that they are different.
@George, the english word "fast" mainly means "quick", "swift", "rapid".

In fact, the term "fast" you´re using is the german word for "almost". I noticed since a long time that you always use "fast" when you mean "almost". HTH.

And yes, Russia signed the Berne convention on March, 13th 1995, so the usual copyright regulations should be applicable.

regards
Michael
Quark
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Quark »

George wrote:I wrote, that Laws are fast the same as in the whole worlds. Sergej just missed, that a fact that these laws do not work (there are fast no cases when they were applied :( ), does not mean that they are different.
Russian laws about copyright do work. There is some examples with web sites closures and money penalties to site hosters. But goverment isn't starting court on it's own. You need to prove that copyright is violated (I think).
Gorre
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Gorre »

We'll, acutally, I can see my own graphics used there and I did not allow him to use it in any way.
Sergej_S
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sergej_S »

Gorre wrote:We'll, acutally, I can see my own graphics used there and I did not allow him to use it in any way.
Repeat it more slowly...

You permit to include your graphic images in these sets?

Sergej
Sergej_S
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sergej_S »

M4rek wrote: but, eh, could ya do me a favour and remove those white outlines on those buildings that have them.
I welcome all!

To me already set a question concerning white bases of buildings.

I answer once again - I can not remove this white base of buildings without the help of the author of graphic images

We see it that the image of the base 8-bit from a file Trg1r.grf does not coincide with the image
The base to the version 32bpp.

All images of urban buildings are only preliminary, the final version will be farther.
M4rek wrote: and replace all the graphics
This question of very future time.

For complete replacement of the images which have been switched on in 8-bit
the version only of one file Trg1r.grf,
It is necessary to make of 4 792 images, new 32-bit.

On today, I think, is ready no more than 50 images, that makes approximately One percent !!!

So the complete version 32bpp c by the size of a tile 128*128 points is necessary really to speak that
Will be very much and very not soon!!!

But we already have got tired to wait!!!

12 years from release first 8-bit of the version have passed.

For this reason I also make attempts to show new sets, differently there is a chance to not see anything!

Sergey.
Sergej_S
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sergej_S »

Specially for my friends and admirers from Estonia!
(On today you 17 men)

I show a map of city of Tallinn.
The real copy of the screen is executed on a map of district -
The script "Russia_Europart.scn" - size 103 681, date of release 13.08.2006.

At manufacturing was used of 38 265 unique colours.

The urban buildings use graphic images from a collection for preliminary viewing
The graphic images of preliminary viewing are used
The following magnificent artists:

Aracirion
BerberJesus
Blenderist
Brupje
Czestmyr
Dmh_mac
Gorre
Heathen
StefSybo
Thgergo

The graphic interface GUI Toolbar and Jukebox can be received under the direct references here:
http://lidars.narod.ru/Files/OpenTTD/GUI32bpp.rar
http://lidars.narod.ru/Files/OpenTTD/Mu ... bpp_v3.tar

Graphics by Joed , Melbourne, Australia

The note:
Roads use usual 8-bit of the image from the connected file "TTRS3w.grf", Zimmlock's

Sergej
Attachments
OpenTTD_32bpp_Tallinn_1935.png (343.54 KiB) Viewed 3341 times
Last edited by Sergej_S on 11 Feb 2007 19:57, edited 1 time in total.
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

Sergej_S: <typed really slowely> Gorre did not say to you that it is ok to use his graphics.

Just so its clear heres the current stats.

You have used 14 peoples 32bpp work.
You originally got permission from 0 peoples work
You have now asked 8 out of the 14 people.
You have now got permiision from 2 people, and been denied permiision from 2 (3 including Gorre?)
You continue to use 10 peoples work on the asumption that if they don't reply it must be ok.

I don't think it really matters what countries rules we go by. Its just seen as the correct thing to do, to ask the author for there work, unless the author has stated in the release that they do not need to be asked. When work is in its early stages and hasn't been released. You must ask, and not make asumptions.

Please just stop saying how many unique colours are used...It really really doesnt matter how many colours you used.

Please also stop saying things along the lines of "But we already have got tired to wait!!!". So what...your tired of waiting. Motivation of artists might be a good start, and this certainly isn't what you are currently doing.

Please just stick all your comments in 1 post. triple posting isn't really nessesery.

Please don't state the numbers of people visiting your site, It's not nessesery, and I for one just don't care.

Raichase: You say that until you are contacted by the peoples who's work he is using prier to gaining permission, then this thread may continue. But I don't think thats fair. Thats like saying if its not seen, then its ok. It should'nt be expected for people to visit here frequently to enshore there work isn't violated. It should be taken as standard that until you release something someone else doesn't release it for you, while you are gone. Especially when the author hasn't even stuck a 'preview' tar on the site, so the used graphics are gained from printscreening or draging and dropping images.

Theres been a few posts about the roads that he is using. I'm not shore where they are from, but I asume this is a different situation to that of the 32bpp, where the road sprites where released. As long as the author said its ok for people to use there graphics in there own games, then I don't think there is anything wrong with Sergej_S showing us images of his game with them in. If he allows people to download them from his site though, thats a different story.
Ben
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

Sergej_S wrote:
Gorre wrote:We'll, acutally, I can see my own graphics used there and I did not allow him to use it in any way.
Repeat it more slowly...

You permit to include your graphic images in these sets?

Sergej
He is saying that he did not allow you to include them.
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

What about an ultimatum? If he doesn't solve his copyright issues in 3 days he must either stop his work, remove illegally used sprites or if he fails to do either he would just be banned.
The longer we tolerate this the more likely more people like him will show up to violate the rules and this brings nothing good for the forum :!:
Gorre
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Gorre »

Well, in fact, he sent me some PM (twice), unfortunately I was unable to decode it, but I think it was something like a "permission request", however, I did not answer.
So, to make it clean, Im not allowing you, Sergej, to use my graphics in any similar way you did.
Volny
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Volny »

Gorre wrote:Well, in fact, he sent me some PM (twice), unfortunately I was unable to decode it, but I think it was something like a "permission request", however, I did not answer.
So, to make it clean, Im not allowing you, Sergej, to use my graphics in any similar way you did.
Oh, what an "OPEN" attitude.

I understand that using yout graphics without permission is discutable, but why do not give him permission?
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

Volny wrote:Oh, what an "OPEN" attitude.

I understand that using yout graphics without permission is discutable, but why do not give him permission?
He takes first, and asks later. That's not the mark of a good man.

Michael Blunck: Fast (in English) also means fixed. It's the root of the verb to fasten. You can hold fast or make something fast; it's an adverb in teh former, an adjective in the latter. In case you're wondering, we pinched it from the German (along with most of the rest of our language).
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
Sergej_S
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sergej_S »

Brianetta wrote: He takes first, and asks later. That's not the mark of a good man.
I welcome all participants of a forum!

Concerning the images Gorre .

I sent particularly to him two letters, first of which he has read January 30 2007,
He has not sent me any answer, and his(its) unique(sole) building was shown only because of that,
That I considered(counted) as the architect of this building Dmh_mac .

After his(its) obvious application, all his(its) images (actually one) further will not participate in these displays of preliminary consideration of buildings.

Yours faithfully.

Sergej
Last edited by Sergej_S on 11 Feb 2007 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
Sergej_S
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

The set of replaceable control panels by vehicles is offered

Post by Sergej_S »

The graphic images from a free collection of icons found in the Internet are used.

The files can be received under the direct references here:
http://lidars.narod.ru/Files/OpenTTD/Windows32bpp.tar
http://lidars.narod.ru/Files/OpenTTD/Wi ... bpp_v2.tar
http://lidars.narod.ru/Files/OpenTTD/Wi ... bpp_v3.tar

The urban buildings use the images of preliminary viewing of the following artists:

Aracirion
BerberJesus
Blenderist
Brupje
Czestmyr
Dmh_mac
Heathen
Lamoot

Sergej
Attachments
OpenTTD_32bpp_11.png (371.08 KiB) Viewed 3037 times
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

IMO, the trucks do not look good at all on those angles, and are too wide.

Return to “Graphics Development”