Fast junction

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Firestar
Engineer
Engineer

Fast junction

Post by Firestar »

Can any one give me a idea on a good "T junction with 4 lines in use, been trying to keep bridges and tunnels to a min so the train don't lose speed,
Open Addict
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Open Addict »

use the search function for junctions in the last month in all forums.

you should see 'Four-ways (fast, compact or just plain good lookin')'

have a look, it helps A LOT
Energy - You use it, You pay for it.
Rainman
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Fast junction

Post by Rainman »

Firestar wrote:Can any one give me a idea on a good "T junction with 4 lines in use, been trying to keep bridges and tunnels to a min so the train don't lose speed,
Hope that this is what you are looking for:
Attachments
Hub 8 x 8
Hub 8 x 8
Hub 8 x 8.png (53.03 KiB) Viewed 592 times
Hub 8 x 4
Hub 8 x 4
Hub 8 x 4.png (28.97 KiB) Viewed 518 times
Hub 4 x 4
Hub 4 x 4
Hup 4 x 4.png (30.48 KiB) Viewed 644 times
Rainman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rainman »

And here a save file with the hub's, so you can use them aswell :wink:
Attachments
Hubs.sav
Hub's
(16.28 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

save didnt woprk useing lates mini-in
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Of course it won't. Try either 0.5.0 RC4 or one of the nightlies.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Firestar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Firestar »

Tried latest nightly, and release 4 as well as the last mini, none will open that save, what was it made with?
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

DaleStan wrote:Of course it won't. Try either 0.5.0 RC4 or one of the nightlies.
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT! Wrong!

Last I checked, latest MiniIN loads RC4 games. So, as much as you would like to dismiss it, the real answer is "Of course it WILL". (It wont load nightlies, as it is no longer synced with the nightly.)

This save is clearly some other version - probably a home build.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
Rainman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rainman »

Strange that the file "hubs.save" didn't work. It was saved in the miniIN version r8285.

So i removed the whole OTTD game completly and installed the latest version 0.5.0 RC4. But in this version i couldn't find the copie past button, so i installed the final build miniIN r8285 again.

I created a new flat scenario.
I selected with the 'play scenario' button the "new flat scenario", copied the hubs in the game and saved it as "hubs"

Hopefully this time it will work. If it don't work or when i'm doing something wrong please let me know.
Attachments
hubs.sav
Hubs
(14.7 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
zegenie
Engineer
Engineer

grf?

Post by zegenie »

Where did you get those tunnels?
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

richk67 wrote:Last I checked, latest MiniIN loads RC4 games. So, as much as you would like to dismiss it, the real answer is "Of course it WILL". (It wont load nightlies, as it is no longer synced with the nightly.)
Well, I made the completely groundless assumption that Rainman was using a nightly. And made a fool of myself in the process, as usually happens when I assume.

That, and I'd (perhaps willfully) acquired the idea that MiniIN was completely static, despite the fact that I *KNOW* you said that MiniIN was going to continue until 0.5.0 was released.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Erik1984
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Erik1984 »

The biggest problem with junctions I find is that if they get better, in terms of efficiency, they also become unrealisticly large and ugly on the map :P
Rainman
Engineer
Engineer

Re: grf?

Post by Rainman »

zegenie wrote:Where did you get those tunnels?
You can try those two links:

http://wiki.openttd.org/index.php/GRF_list

http://grfcrawler.tt-forums.net/

or this file :lol:

Edit by peter1138: Deleted attachment can be obtained via http://grfcrawler.tt-forums.net/details ... ails&id=98
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

I dont think you are allowed to post the grf most grf authors will allow you two if you ask them nicely, but I dont think eis_os will.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

Rainman, robotboy is absolutely right.
Oskar Eisemuth grants you a non-exclusive license to use this graphic package if you follow all restrictions of this Agreement.

You aren't allowed to:
[...]
4. distribute the graphic package or parts belonging to it in any form without specific prior written permission
But even if you were allowed to, you MUST include the relevant license file if there is one.
Last edited by peter1138 on 03 Feb 2007 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
Rainman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rainman »

peter1138 wrote:Rainman, robotboy is absolutely right.
Oskar Eisemuth grants you a non-exclusive license to use this graphic package if you follow all restrictions of this Agreement.

You aren't allowed to:
[...]
4. distribute the graphic package or parts belonging to it in any form without specific prior written permission
But even if you were allowed you, you MUST include the relevant license file if there is one.
I 'm sorry :oops: , it will not happen again.

Return to “General OpenTTD”