Six New Airports - Released

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Do you want these airports?

All 3 + other directions
83%
Type 3b: no, Type 4b: yes, Helistation: yes
7%
Type 3b: yes, Type 4b: no, Helistation: yes
5%
Type 3b: no, Type 4b: no, Helistation: yes
6%

Total votes: 127

DespairsRay
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DespairsRay »

Ahh ok, gah I hope it is fixable its truely annoying to me. lol
jcmanc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jcmanc »

I don't know how to make this work please help! :D :D :D
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

jcmanc wrote:I don't know how to make this work please help! :D :D :D
Download the latest nightly.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
-REtheridge
Engineer
Engineer

Post by -REtheridge »

Extreme n00b question but when I download the new patch, I just get a new window full of code. What do I do with this?
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

The new airports patch was integrated into the trunk back in June, and is now available as part of 0.5.0RC1 and MiniIN. Personally I would not try to use the patch as it is months out of date and the whole GUI system has been rewritten since.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

-REtheridge wrote:Extreme n00b question but when I download the new patch, I just get a new window full of code. What do I do with this?
Please read the second sticky topic of the OpenTTD Development subforum ("Howto apply a patch/diff file")
czerty
Engineer
Engineer

Post by czerty »

ElectricA4 wrote:Just a suggestion, perhaps helistations could be shrunk from 2x4 to 2x3?
Yes, i can only sign this. 2x4 is big with wasting space and IRL is fairly reason to buld smalest airports/helestations and others building small as possible.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

When lucaspiller was doing heliports/helidepots way way back in the day, the design was somewhat different, and helicopters didn't need to cross another helipad to get to the depot.
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

Unless someone has modified the routing table, no helicopters cross any other helipads to get to the depot in any of mine either. The corner helipad moves across a diagonal to the taxiway.

Of course, being open source, if anyone has a better way of doing it... off you go.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Firework Photography
Bryan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bryan »

richk67 wrote:The new airports patch was integrated into the trunk back in June, and is now available as part of 0.5.0RC1 and MiniIN. Personally I would not try to use the patch as it is months out of date and the whole GUI system has been rewritten since.
Hi I am new to this forum as I just found out about OpenTTD.

Just like to ask, if I have downloaded the latest 0.5.0RC1, these patches will be included already?
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

Bryan wrote:Hi I am new to this forum as I just found out about OpenTTD.

Just like to ask, if I have downloaded the latest 0.5.0RC1, these patches will be included already?
Yes, although only the Commuter, InterContinental, Helidepot, and Helistation are in RC1.
Firework Photography
Bryan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bryan »

richk67 wrote:
Bryan wrote:Hi I am new to this forum as I just found out about OpenTTD.

Yes, although only the Commuter, InterContinental, Helidepot, and Helistation are in RC1.
thanks for yr reply! :)
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

I noticed a small issue with the intercontinental airport while using my grf. The outer runways seem to use the wrong sprite. See attached image.
It's hard to notice it with the normal sprites.

Left side: fixed one
Right side: current one
Attachments
Bug_compare.png
Bug_compare.png (45.84 KiB) Viewed 6308 times
airport.diff
Patch against trunk
(845 Bytes) Downloaded 256 times
What does that mean - the circumstances? I determine what circumstances prevail. -- Napoleon Bonaparte
---
If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. -- John F. Kennedy
---
Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. -- John F. Kennedy
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

I dont think thats a bug. There are a whole sequence of tiles 22,23,24,25,26 IIRC designed to allow for different graphics along the length of a runway. Your patch just seems to be selecting a different one of the available ones.

I cant really see what is the big issue with what you show. It could of course be a problem with the graphic you have replacing tile 22, rather than an error in the sprite structure of the airport.

Can you say in words what the problem is. Your graphic isnt self-explanatory. (Is it line thickness at the edge? If so, what is the problem with the 1 pixel edge, as opposed to your 2 pixel one?)
Firework Photography
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

I never said it's a big issue, just noticed it. Just want to keep a bit constancy in the airport appearance. Might look a bit nitpick. ;)
richk67 wrote:Can you say in words what the problem is. Your graphic isnt self-explanatory. (Is it line thickness at the edge? If so, what is the problem with the 1 pixel edge, as opposed to your 2 pixel one?)
As I understand the sprites in the original grf:
22 = T-piece from the City airport
23 = straight line
So why should there be T-pieces int a straight runway?
What does that mean - the circumstances? I determine what circumstances prevail. -- Napoleon Bonaparte
---
If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. -- John F. Kennedy
---
Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. -- John F. Kennedy
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

Well, I've never seen 22 described as "T-piece" before, and it certainly doesn't look much different to 23 to me. However, as all the other runways are sprite 23 (except large airport which has the 22,23,24,25,26 sequence), then maybe you're right.

Submit this to bugs.openttd.org - otherwise it is unlikely to get actioned.
Firework Photography
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

richk67 wrote:Submit this to bugs.openttd.org - otherwise it is unlikely to get actioned.
I would have done this before, but at first I just want to ask you, cause there could have been a reason for the 22-23.
---
---
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

No probs. Looks like I didnt see that there was a difference between the pieces. You've just about convinced me there is... so bug it is ;)
Firework Photography
Vloris
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vloris »

Hello all,

I really love the extra airports now available in 0.5.0-rc3!

They work very well for me, especially the intercontinental one. However, there is one little thing that seems rather odd to me: aircrafts aproaching an intercontinental airport will fly in a holding pattern that is not adjacent to the runways, in fact it is 45 degrees to it (they fly in a pattern in the direction of the edges of your monitor)
At all the other airports the airplanes fly parallel to the runway in an attemt to get permission to land.

Is this done on purpose?

I attached an example, the aircraft you see is four times the same one, I gimp'ed them into one picture for clarification.
Attachments
Holding Pattern.png
45-degree holding pattern at Intercontinental Airport
(357.71 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
jrm1504
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jrm1504 »

A couple questions regarding the new airports...

1. What happened to working with the queing patch from cobra?

2. Is there a way to change the development of airports? For example, the intercontinental doesn't appear until 2003. However, I know that Heatherow existed far before 2003. The city airport arrives in 1955 and an upgrade doesn't surface until 1980. That just doesn't seem right to me.

Thanks--

Return to “OpenTTD Development”