[OTTD] Scenarios

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
ruddermode
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ruddermode »

maso wrote:Any comments and suggestions welcome.
This UK map is great! :)

One minor quibble - the village by the Skye bridge is called Trentfingpool instead of Kyle of Localsh. Probably just an oversight when changing place names.

I am having other issues with the map, but I think they must be to do with my configuration. I started a game and grain hoppers couldn't be built, started again and they could, though plastic trucks had now disappeared (which shouldn't be there in the first place I think). I can also build cola tankers and sugar truck which doesn't seem right... :shock: :lol:
Finally, I can build a maglev train from the start in an electrified railway depot.
LeBay
Engineer
Engineer

Middle Rhine scenario

Post by LeBay »

Hi :)

Last year I travelled along Middle Rhine and now I've created a scenario.
As mentioned the map covers the Middle Rhine region between Koblenz (slightly beyond the map border) and Bingen. In the north of the map is a short part of the Moselle River . The hightmap is 256 x 2048 and was generated with Google Earth and Microdem. Towns are like in reality. Unfortunately there is no option to include all the beautiful castles in the scenery :cry: (would be fine to have such castles with the new graphics in future).

The idea of the game: In reality there is heavy ship traffic on and heavy train traffic on both sides of the Rhine river. So I placed most of the raw material industry/mines in the south and the production industry north of the Middle Rhine. To come to an economical state you have to use the Rhine river and its shores to transport all the goods, materials and people to its destinations. This is of course a "needles eye" and a "tricky" trackplan is needed to handle especially the train traffic.
I haven't played the scenario yet. Probably the map still can get many improvements (river too small for ship traffic, more industries etc.). Comments are welcome.

Have fun
Attachments
Mittleres Rheintal.scn
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 593 times
Middle Rhine Map2.png
(54.66 KiB) Downloaded 601 times
Middle Rhine Map1.png
(63.15 KiB) Downloaded 824 times
mikeel
Engineer
Engineer

Italy 2048x2048 Map

Post by mikeel »

2048x2048 Map of Italy
This map is based on the industrial / demographic data of 2005.
1 openttd inhabitant=700 real abitants
1 openttd square=400 real meters
1 openttd elevation= 300 real meters elevation

Data sources:
Terrain
This Forum - http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=27052
Population
ISTAT - http://dawinci.istat.it/
Industries
ISTAT - http://dwcis.istat.it/cis/index.htm
Istituto Geografico DeAgostini - http://www.deagostini.it

Maybe there are too many town and industries that can affect the gameplay. Now i'll wait for any comments and suggestions to create the final release. let me know what you think.
contact me at mikimauri@gmail.com
Attachments
[OPENTTD MAPS] Italy 0.35.scn
Italy 2048x2048 OpenTTD Map (v 0.35)
(3.13 MiB) Downloaded 13986 times
Italy022ScreenShot.png
Italy 2048x2048 OpenTTD Map (v 0.35) Screenshot (only cities)
(644.56 KiB) Downloaded 1048 times
Last edited by mikeel on 02 Feb 2007 10:24, edited 2 times in total.
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

good, now wait 'til the eyecandy support is finished to put some famous buildings on it :P
adpro
Engineer
Engineer

Post by adpro »

The Alps Scenario

This scenario includes alps countries (whole Alps mountains). It contains Austria, Germany, France, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia).

Size: 1024x512
Version: 0.1

Exists 3 modifications -
1) from 1921 - req OTTD: r7321 and higher
2) from 1921 for MiniIn (with snow) - req OTTD MiniIn: r7512 and higher
3) from 1900 - e.g. for Serbian rail set (+ Serbian Narrow Gauge rail set) - req OTTD r7321

Map - created according to process written in http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=27052. So, it's DEM.
Towns - towns selected from Google Earth
Industries - industries created according to atlas of school maps.
Attachments
Alps Scenario v0.1.scn
OTTD r7321, from year 1921
(295.28 KiB) Downloaded 551 times
Alps Scenario v0.1 MiniIn.scn
OTTD MiniIn r7512, from year 1921
(315.43 KiB) Downloaded 464 times
Alps Scenario v0.1 y1900.scn
OTTD r7321, from year 1900
(295.27 KiB) Downloaded 516 times
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Italy 2048x2048 Map

Post by richk67 »

mikeel wrote:2048x2048 Map of Italy
This map is based on the industrial / demographic data of 2005.
1 openttd inhabitant=700 real abitants
1 openttd square=400 real meters
1 openttd elevation= 300 real meters elevation
Looks very nice so far, but I would prefer if there were some non-Italian cities to set up transport links to - eg. North Africa, France, etc.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
mikeel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mikeel »

in the original project i planned to insert also non- italian cities, but crating the scenarion i found the 512-names limit.
for this reason i focused only on the italian cities. if in the future the name limit will be increased, i'll include other cities
davery83
Engineer
Engineer

Post by davery83 »

Thought I'd add one of my local area (Cornwall, the Isles of Scilly & a bit of North Devon) generated it using heightmaps.
I imagine it would be quiet hard to play as there are many villages but not a lot of towns. Trains may not be the best option!
Good luck and let me know how you get on, I'm just about to start playing it when my work is finished :)

Edit: Forgot to add there are no industries so its about building a passenger/mail network mainly! The service really is crap here so I'm hoping someone might have some better ideas....

Edit 2: Updated the scenario with industries and more hills.
Attachments
Cornwall & Isles of Scilly 1024x1024.scn
(113.17 KiB) Downloaded 455 times
cornwall & isles of scilly.PNG
(127.58 KiB) Downloaded 555 times
Last edited by davery83 on 09 Jan 2007 16:21, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamcatcher
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Dreamcatcher »

Yeah busses that run to/from Truro after midnight would be good :P

In all seriousness though, nice scenario :)
darkttd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by darkttd »

Hi! :D

It's Seoul Scenrio 2048x2048.
It was made by member - an Korean Tycoon Community Homepage.
Attachments
Seoul 2048x2048.scn
(659.47 KiB) Downloaded 471 times
Seoul
Seoul
Seoul.png (50.54 KiB) Viewed 2090 times
Sorry for Not good at My Engilsh
Teach me English plz :)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

How come some pieces of land got loads of towns, while others have no towns?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

Purno, because it's (a) geographically correct, and (b) those aren't towns, but districts of Seoul. It's in a correct scale, which is really cool. I like it.

Anyway, scenarios...

My server's page now has the scenarios that I make for it, available freely under the GPL. Click on that grey thing in my sig, and scroll to the bottom.
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
magnus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by magnus »

is there a map of switzerland somewhere?

greetings magnus
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

There is one of the Alps, it is on page 20 IIRC.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Psistorm
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Psistorm »

@LeBay: the middle rhine scenario looks very interesting to me, but Ive come across a problem:
when I try and load the scenario, it tells me that I have missing grfs - since the dbset is amongst these (I use dbsetXL), this kinda would influence the way to play it - is there a possibility to save a version whitout custom grfs? itd be much approved :)
san-ho-zay
Engineer
Engineer

North West England Scenario

Post by san-ho-zay »

I've been working on this scenario based on a fabulous heightmap obtained using the excellent tutorial on this forum.

It covers an area from the Isle of Man and Darlington in the north to Snowdonia and Derby in the south. For me it's going to be an interesting one to play - it includes where I was born and where I now live, plus a lot of places I've worked and enjoyed leisure time in.

I've tried to make reasonably accurate, given the limitations of TT. Any further suggestions in that regard would be welcome.
Attachments
North West England.scn
North West England, plus Isle of Man and North Wales
(104.02 KiB) Downloaded 422 times
san-ho-zay
<Bert>
Engineer
Engineer

Post by <Bert> »

Two green islands based on a small 256x128 handdrawn heightmap. Fictional german city names.

Comments!
Attachments
Portitz.png
(161.75 KiB) Downloaded 456 times
Portitz.scn
(34.32 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
Also known as VanilleBert... ask Google.
Pietro
Engineer
Engineer

Japan

Post by Pietro »

Scenario of Japan, based on a heightmap, with realistic town placement and random placed industries. Big size...
Attachments
Japan.scn
(207.98 KiB) Downloaded 583 times
tommyswf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tommyswf »

im making one with towns only :lol:
Tommy
Gebbe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gebbe »

What a amazing lot of beautiful scenario's! I've downloaded a lot of them :D

Does somebody know a easy way to play a scenario with the right grf files? I mean: if I want to play a US map, I would like it to play it with US Roads and Trains and so on. And an other time, when I want to play the Netherlands-scenario, I want to play them with a dutch trainset (Btw, is there a dutch grf set what's compatible with OTTD 0.5.0? I've such a set for TTDPatch). Is there a way to load the right grf when you're loading a scenario?

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”