Airport Enquiry

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

-REtheridge
Engineer
Engineer

Airport Enquiry

Post by -REtheridge »

Hi, I've been reading and browsing this forum for quite a while, mostly for help. I've got two problems: (I use Mac OS X and have downloaded Open TTD 4.8 )

1. I want to be able to download or somehow get the Intercontinental airport, probably my priority.

2. I've downloaded an extra airplane set (pb_av8w.grf) which is great put all the planes look glitchy as you can see:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/ ... ar2028.jpg

Thanks a lot for any help!
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

1. http://www.openttd.org/nightly.php
2. Where is it? I can't find any glitch.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

Don't scale images, it only makes it harder to see, and the switch from 8 to 24 bpp that's done makes it larger anyway...

Anyway, it looks like you're using the DOS original GRFs with a Windows NewGRF...
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
-REtheridge
Engineer
Engineer

Post by -REtheridge »

Thanks for the link, but I that's what 've already downloaded tha and it won't seem to work.

Here's the screenshot again: (The wing and engines are green and shading is all wrong, sorry if it's hard to see.)

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

What part of
peter1138 wrote:Don't scale images, it only makes it harder to see
did you not understand?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

Anyway, OpenTTD 0.4.8 does not support the second company colour scheme that pb_av8 uses, and also doesn't contain the new airports.

Your best bet is to wait for the upcoming 0.5(.0) RC1, due any time now...
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
-REtheridge
Engineer
Engineer

Post by -REtheridge »

Thanks a lot pete, that's very kind of you. Sorry about the image, it's just every time I upload it to photobucket it makes the screenshot that size.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Attach it to the forum then.

I think you may be using all the Windows GRF files, while you seem to be using the DOS palette, from the look of those helipads.
-REtheridge
Engineer
Engineer

Post by -REtheridge »

Born Acorn wrote:Attach it to the forum then.

I think you may be using all the Windows GRF files, while you seem to be using the DOS palette, from the look of those helipads.
The airports are fine, aren't they, it's just the planes that look wrong but that's because the OpenTTD I have doesn't support two colour vehicles which the airport set I have does, so I'll just wait till the next one. Anyway I'll try and see what I can do based on all the great information that you guys have given me.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Can you attached the image via the "Add an Attachment" feature in the "Post a Reply" window, please?

The 2cc feature missing shouldn't, and doesn't affect the planes graphics. I just fired up 0.4.8 with AV8 myself, and all the planes are fine.

You are using the incorrect file version. Every, if not most GRF files come in a Windows and DOS version. Whichever one you are using now, switch around and use the other version. That'll fix your glitches.

Also, your airports aren't okay. The heliports on your airport are reddish, while they are meant to be grey.
Attachments
fine.png
fine.png (38.56 KiB) Viewed 3186 times
grey.png
grey.png (16.03 KiB) Viewed 3190 times
-REtheridge
Engineer
Engineer

Post by -REtheridge »

Ok, I've fixed the planes (they were glitched), thank you so much for aiding me with that.

About the helipads, I'm not too bothered anyway, but thanks a lot.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”