New Graphics - Blender ".blend" thread (Works In Progress)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

TagDaze: It was only a idea, model what you like!. I wasn't suggesting disposing of the staduim, just changing the small football pitch texure into a normal sized tennis court texture. It was just a suggestion as to a quick way to make it fit in, rather than make it up to 6 tiles long (or whatever it was), unless you already have it that big?

Edit: In the attached image I just made 12 towns, and 11 of which had stadiums. The average populations range from about 70 to 140... Also the stadiums only accept 4/8 passengers, wich is the same as the terraced houses. Replacing this graphic with a tennis court therefore would fit in perfectly and save work.
Attachments
football stadiums example.PNG
(122.58 KiB) Downloaded 445 times
Ben
brupje
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by brupje »

Ben_Robbins_ wrote: Brupje: I'm not shore why it has done that, I'll try and find out...
Chicago Rail Authority learned me to remove the doubles, I don't know why, but it helps :) I only have a problem with the texture, I don't know how to apply the road texture (top.png) it to a non-rectangular face. as my station above is.
Crazy Vaclav
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Crazy Vaclav »

When a mesh is made in to an .stl file and then imported in to blender, a lot of new vertices seems to be created (atleast when I do it). As I knew this from before, I did a "remove all doubles" before I rendered it, and then it looked ok, but I seem to have forgotten to do this with the version I then gave back Ben.

I'm no expert, but try using uv mapping to apply the texture. That way you can control exactly what part of your mesh you want the texture to be on.
brupje
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by brupje »

I can probably explain best by the following image. On the left there is the texture, in the middle is ben's mesh where it fits correctly. On the right is the mesh I want to place the texture on. The only thing I can think of to fix it is to cut the texture in pieces.
Attachments
example.png
example.png (1.55 KiB) Viewed 5954 times
Moriarty
Tycoon
Tycoon
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Moriarty »

I can't see why you can't keep the stadium and only use it for town above X population (like the banks).
Put some tennis courts, bowls greens or cricket pitches in the little villages - All feature prominently in England anyway - and thus you get even more variety. :)
TagDaze
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TagDaze »

Ben_Robbins_ wrote:TagDaze: It was only a idea, model what you like!. I wasn't suggesting disposing of the staduim, just changing the small football pitch texure into a normal sized tennis court texture. It was just a suggestion as to a quick way to make it fit in, rather than make it up to 6 tiles long (or whatever it was), unless you already have it that big?
Heh, sorry, sometimes I can seem a bit slow.
It doesn't really matter how many tiles I make it right now. Resizing it is a matter of selecting all and dragging.
I can't see why you can't keep the stadium and only use it for town above X population (like the banks).
Me neither, but that's because I'm a modeler/skinner, not a coder.
Bot_40
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bot_40 »

Ben_Robbins_ wrote:Edit: In the attached image I just made 12 towns, and 11 of which had stadiums. The average populations range from about 70 to 140... Also the stadiums only accept 4/8 passengers, wich is the same as the terraced houses. Replacing this graphic with a tennis court therefore would fit in perfectly and save work.
:lol: @ the village comprising of a sole stadium. Maybe it's just bums that live there :p
Field-Mouse
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Field-Mouse »

I live in a small village, we have about 7 football/soccer fiels and one tennis court that NOBODY uses... oh, and one boule plan.. :)
The amount of soccerfields is perfect in the original TT!
But dont get me wrong, Im no soccerplayer.. h8 soccer... But its something that every country has lots of! Who the h311 goes out an evening after dinner and says: "Hey, we gonna go play some tennis"!?
Moriarty
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Moriarty »

But the problem is, the TT ones aren't soccer fields, they're full on stadiums. And you don't want a mutli-thousand capacity stadium in a village of 20. I don't think I've seen anyone draw up a field without associated stadium trappings. You could have soccer, rugby and cricket ones - not much difference between them (they're all green ;) ).
Aracirion
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aracirion »

hmm, in my opinion the stadium should be either small (Tennis court etc.) and generate little traffic, or big (stadium) and generate a lot of traffic.
TagDaze
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TagDaze »

Okay, I've changed the pitch to a tennis court and adapted the parking lot and the bend to fit the scale. I also added some other things, like bikes. :P
How's this?
Attachments
tennis053.jpg
tennis053.jpg (102.91 KiB) Viewed 5784 times
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

TagDaze wrote:Okay, I've changed the pitch to a tennis court and adapted the parking lot and the bend to fit the scale. I also added some other things, like bikes. :P
How's this?
That's pretty darn nice :)
Field-Mouse
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Field-Mouse »

TagDaze wrote:Okay, I've changed the pitch to a tennis court and adapted the parking lot and the bend to fit the scale. I also added some other things, like bikes. :P
How's this?
Looks very very nice! Except one thing.. it looks like you bought those trees on IKEA or something, a glass board with a tree painted on it :)
The ones you had before looked nice, might have been out of scale though. :D
TagDaze
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TagDaze »

That's because the trees are set to low detail. The final render will bring back the trees to medium quality, as the trees alone take half an hour to an hour to render, what with the lighting and all. And I'll make them a bit larger by then too.

By the way, Shall I replace the current stadium on the wikipage, or shall I just smack it under there? In other words, keep the soccer-stadium, or ditch it?
StRaVeN
Engineer
Engineer

Post by StRaVeN »

Maybe it is possible not simply redraw old graphics, but make some new ones. My opinion is to add new stadium and to save the old one. And, if you remember, in the game there are 2 types. We could make 3 or 4.
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

How about a beach volleyball version for the Tropical climate? ;)
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
BerberJesus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BerberJesus »

Hi

After a long break i make a little shop. What do you mean?

The original

Attachments
alle.PNG
alle.PNG (273.79 KiB) Viewed 5544 times
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Ben_Robbins_ wrote: Edit: In the attached image I just made 12 towns, and 11 of which had stadiums. The average populations range from about 70 to 140... Also the stadiums only accept 4/8 passengers, wich is the same as the terraced houses. Replacing this graphic with a tennis court therefore would fit in perfectly and save work.
:lol: It's strange that tiny towns get them so often...they must like their stadiums nice and empty.
brupje
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by brupje »

I tried to fix the texture, but failed :( So I cut top.png into pieces, to have the following result. I am not happy with the pavement edges, and the road texture. But I don't know how to get it right. Also it seems to be a lot darker then the render of ben_robbin's.
Attachments
station2.rar
(868.7 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
station_road.png
station_road.png (80.76 KiB) Viewed 5518 times
station.png
station.png (47.17 KiB) Viewed 5520 times
Moriarty
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Moriarty »

That's a nice tennis stadium, but erm - the only one like that that I've ever seen would be Wimbledon.
Villages and towns only get chain-link fenced affairs not full on tennis stadiums:
http://www.themooringsnewharbor.com/images/2tennis.jpg

Return to “Graphics Development”