[REL] West Coast Mainline (Routemap-Style)

Got a nice scenario or saved game for Locomotion? Post it here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

andysine
Tycoon
Tycoon

[REL] West Coast Mainline (Routemap-Style)

Post by andysine »

Here's the first release of my WCML scenario.

It is saved as a landscape, so you'll need to go into scenario editor to add some vehicles then save it as a scenario so you can play it.

No Mods needed.

The BR Set from AMI Trains is HIGHLY recommended for this scenario.

Thanks to Andel, Majorduck, Illegal Alien and Jonnie47 for their excellent vehicles - they really made the scenario worth doing.
Also thanks to Matloughe, who's Network South East Map gave me the idea to construct it in this style.

I'll release some pictures of my finished game in the next few days, and maybe the savegame as well.
Attachments
Screenshot of the map.
Screenshot of the map.
WCML_Map1.png (42.38 KiB) Viewed 2416 times
West Coast Mainline (By Andysine).zip
No Mods Version of the landscape
(282.84 KiB) Downloaded 1317 times
Last edited by andysine on 26 Sep 2006 19:42, edited 6 times in total.
Age of Industry Replacement Set
Themed industry set for OpenTTD

The Greenest Valley
A beautiful scenario featuring Cardiff and the south Wales valleys

Mountains and Prairies
Huge scenario based on Western Canada
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

It looks interesting - I've only ever seen one other map do something like this....
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
andysine
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andysine »

Now Released - See First Post

The Greenest Valley

Mountains and Prairies
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

Andy, i've pm'd you the version without either (I hope!)
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
andysine
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andysine »

Cheers Andel - I've just put it up now.

Also, here is my completed savegame. It is actually a Beta-version of my released landscape, so a couple of things are different.

Until the Pendilinos arrived in 2001, I got all my income from transporting chemicals from Milton Keynes to Wembley factory and Silverlink services from Euston to Northampton. Betweem 1970 and 2001 I built the network and left it largely unused, before sorting out the freight network between 1990 and 2000.
I have got the freight system working quite well. For instance - A goods train waits at Wembley Railfreight Depot for a full load, then travels to Manchester Factory (which accepts goods). It unloads and transports whatever goods are present, back to Wembley (which also accepts goods). Another train does the same, but waits for a full load at Manchester.
I also have Pendilino Services running from Euston to Liverpool, Manchester, Glasgow and Edinburgh. There are many different routes, for example, some go via Birmingham, others by the Trent Valley Line. Some go via Stafford, others via Stoke.

My aim was to create a network as realistic as possible, which I think I've achieved to some extent. A pic...

NOTE: This savegame requires mods. The landscape in the first post does not.
Attachments
WCML5.zip
REQUIRES MODS - BR Set v4.3 from AMI Trains, Steve's Earth Slopes and possibly the NL Maglev, as I had issues de-selecting it in the scenario editor.
(561.57 KiB) Downloaded 757 times

The Greenest Valley

Mountains and Prairies
Dreamcatcher
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Dreamcatcher »

And that took you how long :O! Bloody nice work there :). I've played your save game and its incredible. I seriously recommend that anyone who thinks they can network by linking a few simple junctions and call themselves experts (or not beginers) take a look at this. I watched it for about 30 minutes, no jams and no long hold ups with over i think its 70 trains running.

I've just dl'd the map to have a go myself :)
andysine
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andysine »

Cheers mate. Its great to know someone took a look at my savegame. I really enjoyed playing this one, and I hope you do as well.
Psyvhotic Baboon wrote:And that took you how long :O!
I made all my money in the beginning from the freight routes and suburban passenger services. I spent about 20 years building the empty network, then added the freight trains and local services route by route. When the Pendolinos came along in 2001, I added all of them within about 4 years, fine tuning any jams or problem junctions as they occured.

Believe me, Rugby was a proper b*tch. I tried to keep it as realistic as possible, and the junctions are quite tight. I'd estimate that about 80% of my trains pass through Rugby, all taking different routes. Also, Rugby also acts as a terminus station for Silverlink services to Stafford via the Trent Valley Line, so I had to incorporate that as well.

My screenshots can be seen here.
I'd really like to see some other people's screenshots, so I can see what they have done with their junctions etc.

The Greenest Valley

Mountains and Prairies
Dreamcatcher
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Dreamcatcher »

Once I get something I feel proud of, I'll post it up :)

Edit It's not something I'm proud of But, its a start (and sine I'm using wacked up data settings on the goods (for the time beng)) I thought I'd share a screenie with yoyu :)

Heading back in to become fully laden at Macclesfield Coal Mine depot is 60066 in EWS livelry (I'm gonna have EWS doing the mine/steel runs).

Just pulling out of the depot is 60077.

In the Sidings are (as you come down the picture) 0870 & 0871 on shunting duty at the depot, 33327 (the backup engine) and a Track laying Engine (rather appropriate *lol*)

I'll post more as I get around to doing them :)
Attachments
Screenshot2.png
Screenshot2.png (213.48 KiB) Viewed 15373 times
andysine
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andysine »

Nice.

BTW, is the tracklaying engine in the BRSet, cos I haven't seen that before?

The Greenest Valley

Mountains and Prairies
Dreamcatcher
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Dreamcatcher »

I believe it is as in the data editor/scenario setup (which ever you happen to notice it in) its got the (BR) in front of it. Perhaps a 4.4??
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

Yes it is.

It's actually a track grinder, should be called BR Grinder in the scenario editor.

MD
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Researcher for the TTDP BRSet Team. Which is here.
Dreamcatcher
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Dreamcatcher »

I have abandonned that particular attempt and am now having a rethink to try to sort out distribution centers (eg all the coa goes to one place to be redistributed, All the I Iron the same and the oil and chemichals etc)

I know it cuts profits but heh, its *slightly* more realistic than point to point when building a network :P

I'll post a few screenies later

Edit Screenies :) :D

See next post for more shots :) and for expansion plans. Great map, I'm having a lot of fun playing it and the BR set tops it off :)
Attachments
The incoming bay with a shot from the rear
The incoming bay with a shot from the rear
Rear view.png (263.84 KiB) Viewed 15242 times
A clos up view of the class 8 and the departing coal hauler
A clos up view of the class 8 and the departing coal hauler
Locos close up.png (228.8 KiB) Viewed 15248 times
This is an overview of the Incoming part of the transfer. As you can see, I'm using class 8's too shift the coal from the incoming to the outcoming. Not much power or speed BUT  they do the job on the cheap and are easily replaceable
This is an overview of the Incoming part of the transfer. As you can see, I'm using class 8's too shift the coal from the incoming to the outcoming. Not much power or speed BUT they do the job on the cheap and are easily replaceable
Coal Transfer in overview.png (156.89 KiB) Viewed 15292 times
Dreamcatcher
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Dreamcatcher »

As much as I'd like to say I have a use for the flyover, I don't (which is a shame although, you can expect this simple transfer to possibly change into a (for aesthetics purposes only) depot for EWS in the region and thus give me the links to the mainline :)

Here are a few more screenies before I start clogging up this thread too much:
Attachments
This is the outgoing section of the transfer. It's small at the moment but it will expand once I start doing runs to the steel mills (I need to set up an Ore Transfer first though)
This is the outgoing section of the transfer. It's small at the moment but it will expand once I start doing runs to the steel mills (I need to set up an Ore Transfer first though)
Transfer out.png (234.29 KiB) Viewed 15153 times
This is how all 3 coal mines are laid out :)
This is how all 3 coal mines are laid out :)
Mine station layout.png (219.52 KiB) Viewed 15129 times
An overview of the Transfer in its almost complete Entirity (including EWS depot)
An overview of the Transfer in its almost complete Entirity (including EWS depot)
WCTD overview.png (174.83 KiB) Viewed 15035 times
Dreamcatcher
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Dreamcatcher »

This scenario is so much fun :D please find attached my save game with the completed Warrington Coal Transfer (with EWS Depot), Completed Nuneaton Transfer (with EWS Depot) and the beginings of the line from Lancaster Steel mill to the Manchester railfreight depot. (yet to be built *lol*)
Attachments
WCML-rob.SV5
You will need the AMI BR pack and the Earth slopes to play this
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 467 times
welshdragon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [REL] West Coast Mainline (Routemap-Style)

Post by welshdragon »

i am bumping a really old thread, but i've downloaded the scenario, and love it!
Screenies soon.....
Semi-Retired TT-Forums Member.
These days I'm:
[list][*]A Local Transport Representative for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Social Media Advisxer for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Volunteer and Fundraiser for Guide Dogs[/list]
flickr | twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Steam

I used to be an idiot called tycoonmarkj.
cp1900
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cp1900 »

One time, i tryed to transfer food from Trucks to Train, but my "index" kept lower....
Then I repared, the truks weren't giving me profits...., only the trains....
Is this normal? :?
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Only the mode of transport that makes the final delivery gets any profit. Your trucks will receive nothing, only the trains in your case.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
cp1900
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cp1900 »

ok...
Thanks! :wink:
welshdragon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by welshdragon »

cp1900 PLEASE KEEP ON TOPIC, i know i'm not a moderator, but this really isn't the right thread :P
Semi-Retired TT-Forums Member.
These days I'm:
[list][*]A Local Transport Representative for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Social Media Advisxer for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Volunteer and Fundraiser for Guide Dogs[/list]
flickr | twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Steam

I used to be an idiot called tycoonmarkj.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Not everyones first language is english. He saw a picture 2 posts up and and compaired it to his situation. granted there are better ways to ask. But, You can see where he is coming from.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!

Return to “Locomotion Scenarios and Saved Games”