Pictures of your OTTD games

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Final three.
Attachments
A 2-8-0 pulls a heavy goods train up north at a pace of 60km/h, faster than those buses, actually! The new 2CC feature shows its limitations when I can't change the colour of my HQ without changing the helicopter's livery as well. ;)
A 2-8-0 pulls a heavy goods train up north at a pace of 60km/h, faster than those buses, actually! The new 2CC feature shows its limitations when I can't change the colour of my HQ without changing the helicopter's livery as well. ;)
Finningworth Transport, 25th Oct 1952.png (141.68 KiB) Viewed 817 times
Here's one of my western iron ore mines. Not only is Wudinghattan Mines on the very fringes of my network, it is also at the edge of a cliff leading straight down to the sea.
Here's one of my western iron ore mines. Not only is Wudinghattan Mines on the very fringes of my network, it is also at the edge of a cliff leading straight down to the sea.
Finningworth Transport, 5th Oct 1952.png (98.96 KiB) Viewed 5192 times
The island city of London (this is Britania, not Britannia :P). There's a local bus service, as well as several passenger and mail ferries.
The island city of London (this is Britania, not Britannia :P). There's a local bus service, as well as several passenger and mail ferries.
Finningworth Transport, 30th Sep 1952.png (138.19 KiB) Viewed 5189 times
Rysiek
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rysiek »

My game :)

polish forum
about openttd

http://openttd.prochy.pl - zapraszam.
Quark
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Quark »

Did you think that you know how to build stations? :D
Attachments
oil tranfer.jpg
click ‹Download› to view larger version
(681.57 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
work in progress
work in progress
oil transfer .png (178.39 KiB) Viewed 4863 times
oil transfer.png
click ‹Download› to view fullsize version
(893.93 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Quark wrote:Did you think that you know how to build stations? :D
Can you beat this or this or one of the various other #openttdcoop stations? ;)
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

Here is a few pictures of one of my old games. I don't work on this one anymore sadly. It was looking quite nice.
Ukončete, prosím, výstup a nástup, dveře se zavírají
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

and a few more
Quark
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Quark »

XeryusTC wrote:Can you beat this or this or one of the various other #openttdcoop stations? ;)
http://openttdcoop.ppcis.org/wiki/image ... xGame7.png is not optimal layout — a lot of space used and only 4 lines (each line can serve 3-4 platforms (3 unload, 4 load), but for 4 lines there is 18 platforms and entrace is 4x longer that station, exit lines splits by 4-5 lines, but in my expirience only 3 trains can freely join)
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

and some more
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

one more
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Quark wrote:
XeryusTC wrote:Can you beat this or this or one of the various other #openttdcoop stations? ;)
http://openttdcoop.ppcis.org/wiki/image ... xGame7.png is not optimal layout — a lot of space used and only 4 lines (each line can serve 3-4 platforms (3 unload, 4 load), but for 4 lines there is 18 platforms and entrace is 4x longer that station, exit lines splits by 4-5 lines, but in my expirience only 3 trains can freely join)
Space isn't a problem when you're building an entry or exit on a #openttdcoop game. Neither is the fact that the lines cant enter every platform in this case. This particular game has 700 trains, and about 80% of those trains travel to that station so the exit is optimized for load handling of all lines and it isn't necessarry in this case as trains leave the station fast enough to allow a continues flow of trains.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Colonel Bowser of Bowser & Co was beginning to see problems in the hub of his African rail network. Jams were becoming more common and getting bigger each time.

The decision was made for a total re build of the old "Add another bit on when a new line is built" set-up with a purpose built, direct, non-interfering set-up.

The results are shown below.
Attachments
After.
After.
Bowser & Co., 12th Jun 1989.png (79.86 KiB) Viewed 879 times
Before.
Before.
Bowser & Co., 5th Jul 1988.png (82.51 KiB) Viewed 906 times
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
Bot_40
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bot_40 »

Build on steep slopes already allows some quite twisted junctions that weren't possible before. Now all we need are enhance tunnels, super magic miracle bridges over everything and custom bridge heads :p
Attachments
The Works ltd., 28th Apr 2002.png
The Works ltd., 28th Apr 2002.png (312.57 KiB) Viewed 913 times
Slace
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Slace »

jpmaster - you have a lot of unnessesary track leading into and out of your stations.

Take the last picture for example, I've highlighted the track sections that you can do without, unless your using 90 degree turns...
Attachments
sunnway_transport_10th_jun_2090_8_100.png
sunnway_transport_10th_jun_2090_8_100.png (1 MiB) Viewed 845 times
wimg
Engineer
Engineer

Crazy crossroad

Post by wimg »

Just in case you ever need to build a 4 track (2 in each direction) network...
Attachments
tt-switch.jpg
(997.47 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

Slace wrote:jpmaster - you have a lot of unnessesary track leading into and out of your stations.

Take the last picture for example, I've highlighted the track sections that you can do without, unless your using 90 degree turns...
I'm not using 90 degree turns, it just looks neat and tidy as all..
Firestar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Firestar »

Jpmaster looking at your sunnyway one you could also aford to lost the to way signals at the station, the way it is at the moment your trains can reverse out of the station a block other trains
Firestar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Firestar »

Thought I'd put my current game up for your review, this station cunntly has 50 trains using it, just starting to get bottle necks now, most of the bottle necks are on the 2 lines out the front of it.
Attachments
Adams & Co., 20th Oct 2003.png
Adams & Co., 20th Oct 2003.png (64.41 KiB) Viewed 3846 times
Wold
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Wold »

I got a problem with signalisation :) What and where to put would be a huge bonus :) thank you.

Some problems solved ( there were missing tracks ^_^ )
Attachments
Reborough Transport, 19th Dec 2045.png
Reborough Transport, 19th Dec 2045.png (88.48 KiB) Viewed 899 times
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

Wold wrote:I got a problem with signalisation :) What and where to put would be a huge bonus :) thank you.
I see three problems:

1) There's the less obvious problem of track bits missing at the entrances to the stations. This is fairly common with maglev...
2) You probably want presignal entrances on all lines just before the crossings before the stations, and presignal exits between the crossings and the stations.
3) Your signals are far too close together, resulting in your stuck trains, as they are unable to recover. A gap of 3 or 4 tiles between signals is good.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
Wold
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Wold »

1 and 3 were already done :)
2 looks like this:

PS. I'll read the wiki :)

PS2. The wiki was really helpful, I got it. Thanks ;)
Attachments
Reborough Transport, 31st Oct 2047.png
Reborough Transport, 31st Oct 2047.png (84.88 KiB) Viewed 897 times

Return to “Screenshots”