Pictures of your OTTD games

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Nippo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nippo »

A very busy train and airport central. The town has grown to 54.400 people, a lot because of my excellent food delivery,
and is right know handling 3600+ passengers on the mono-network (6x+4x stations) and around 2500+ tonnes of food on the maglev (4x stations).

Right now 4 cities is connected and expanding. At every station it is possible to go both "back and forth" ))<>((
(That last one is for everybody who has seen the movie "Me and you and everyone we know", excellent movie by the way).
Attachments
Bigwig & Co., 28th Jul 2059.png
17 trains (140-500 passengers) and 8 Airplanes (260 passengers)
(504.64 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
Nippo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nippo »

another station..
Attachments
Bigwig & Co., 1st Aug 2059.png
(618.52 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
Jim Starluck
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jim Starluck »

Noticed something funny in my most recent game. I'm not sure what patch included this, and I can't find anything in my forum searches. Does anyone know exactly what the production from the power station does, in terms of gameplay? Or is it just eyecandy?
Attachments
New Windwich Transport, 20th Aug 1935.png
Production from power stations?
(298.63 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger locomotive and try again.
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Jim Starluck wrote:Noticed something funny in my most recent game. I'm not sure what patch included this, and I can't find anything in my forum searches. Does anyone know exactly what the production from the power station does, in terms of gameplay? Or is it just eyecandy?
One suggestion: you should move the whole station two tiles to the right. This way, the first approaching train will choose the left platform, while the second train will choose the right platform. With PBS, this means that two trains can leave and enter at the very same time, increasing the efficiency of such a terminus station. :D

Oh, your question. It's just eyecandy, and doesn't do anything, unlike like the power station in Pikkabird's UK industry Set. It's just a way of measuring how much coal you're dropping off.

(Show us more of your game. Long coal trains are somehow becoming boring :P).
Scia
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Scia »

Jim Starluck wrote:Noticed something funny in my most recent game. I'm not sure what patch included this, and I can't find anything in my forum searches. Does anyone know exactly what the production from the power station does, in terms of gameplay? Or is it just eyecandy?
I believe that richk included this in in his MiniIN (you are running MiniIN right?). It doesn't do anything to gameplay (yet), but statistics are always nice. He included a screenshot with the production of the power station in "Pile Transport"... awesome :shock: .

Scia
ThunderAI
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ThunderAI »

The Mississipli River Basen, have a look
Attachments
Unnamed, 17th Jan 1978.png
(49.38 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

ThunderAI wrote:The Mississipli River Basen, have a look
It looks brilliant... :shock: ...apart from the obvious fake names, and the absence of rivers (notably the Mississippi).
ThunderAI
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ThunderAI »

Yeah, its not good by any means but thats the problem with height maps, you can't easily get water anywhere above see level.
Jim Starluck
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jim Starluck »

White Rabbit wrote:One suggestion: you should move the whole station two tiles to the right. This way, the first approaching train will choose the left platform, while the second train will choose the right platform. With PBS, this means that two trains can leave and enter at the very same time, increasing the efficiency of such a terminus station. :D

(Show us more of your game. Long coal trains are somehow becoming boring :P).
If I had sufficient room, I'd make it into a ro-ro station. At the moment it's kinda wedged in there.

This game, I've tried something new. The map started with no industries, so I could only build passenger/mail lines. I picked several towns in relatively close proximity, and built a two-track loop--one train for each station in each direction. Winds up providing pretty good service, so long as the stations aren't too far apart.

I left that first local route alone, and went to build one in the next-nearest cluster of towns. Once both of them were big enough, I started running bigger passenger trains *between* them, and eventually started building industries. The coal route is actually brand-spanking new.
Attachments
New Windwich Transport, 27th Jan 1936.png
A mostly freight-centric station in the heart of my second group of cities. Takes in steel from the mill below that coal station you saw earlier.
(342.91 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
New Windwich Transport, 25th Jan 1936.png
One of the five cities I first built in, now the second-largest on the map. I have plans to eventually put a farm-fed factory within range of this station.
(352.8 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
New Windwich Transport, 24th Jan 1936.png
An example of one of my local routes...this one is relatively new.
(380.42 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
Jim Starluck
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jim Starluck »

More screenies from the same game. I started in 1921 and have the day length set to five times normal, so I don't expect to be bothered with diesels anytime soon. :D
Attachments
New Windwich Transport, 15th Mar 1936.png
Junction onto the passenger half of my southern main. A shiny new Hiawatha (1 of 4) races down the hill, eager to get out onto the flats where she can stretch her legs.
(299.23 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
New Windwich Transport, 20th Feb 1936.png
Zoomed-out view of my first group of cities. From this distance the grade crossings make an unbelievable racket. &gt;.&lt;
(370.17 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
New Windwich Transport, 18th Feb 1936.png
The nothernmost of my two major inter-city main lines. Handles mostly passenger work, but some freight (as you can see).
(304.64 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
Jim Starluck
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jim Starluck »

Yet more pics...
Attachments
New Windwich Transport, 1st May 1936.png
An example of my mainline station design. My only issue with it is that it can't accept freight traffic from both directions.
(353.86 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
New Windwich Transport, 12th Apr 1936.png
Coal trains and iron ore, my two heaviest freight services. The iron ore line is one of two, each with 4-5 mines and feeding its own seperate steel mill.
(362.37 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
New Windwich Transport, 3rd Apr 1936.png
The other end of that coal route. In retrospect I might have gone a *bit* overboard when building the mines, but I had money to burn.
(400.21 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
Jim Starluck
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jim Starluck »

And, finally, an overview of the entire railroad (and my one little ferry, which you can spot out in the middle of the lake).
Attachments
New Windwich Transport, 21st May 1936.png
It says &quot;16&quot; next to the M1a Mountain, in case you can't make it out.
(97.83 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
Open Addict
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Open Addict »

i am having fun on arctic with coal mines. (set up my own scenario)

i have about 17 coal mines at the station. 512x512 map. station goes from one side to the other. running about 60 trains (88kmh) with 10 wagons (300 tonnes). its a very long trip.

year started 1942 with no cheats.
Attachments
this is the power plant. not as long to build.
this is the power plant. not as long to build.
Power Plant Station.png (34.42 KiB) Viewed 2756 times
this is the coal station. took a while to build.
this is the coal station. took a while to build.
Coal Station.png (29.83 KiB) Viewed 2755 times
Energy - You use it, You pay for it.
ThunderAI
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ThunderAI »

Current game. Anyone know why there are no wagons for Maglevs... Ruins all the fun of post 2015.

Those are some massive cities though, and so far i have been able to make the in and out section look really good and function great!
Attachments
Zoom Out
Zoom Out
Wrendington Transport, 18th Aug 2018.png (102.69 KiB) Viewed 817 times
Zoom in
Zoom in
Wrendington Transport, 5th Aug 2018.png (146.77 KiB) Viewed 820 times
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

ThunderAI wrote:Anyone know why there are no wagons for Maglevs... Ruins all the fun of post 2015.
Explain to me what exactly is in those screenshots that you thought would be helpful, please?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Jim Starluck
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jim Starluck »

DaleStan wrote:
ThunderAI wrote:Anyone know why there are no wagons for Maglevs... Ruins all the fun of post 2015.
Explain to me what exactly is in those screenshots that you thought would be helpful, please?
I think, though I'm not certain, that he's using the UK trainset, which only has wagons for passengers, mail and goods for the maglev.
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Open Addict wrote:year started 1942 with no cheats.
Placing that many coal mines and saying you didn't cheat is ridiculous.
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Those are quite nice screenshots, Jim, although the station choices are bit repetitive (you've used none from the US Stations :(). Also, you know that there is an excellent US signals set, right? The signals just don't fit the era or the train set.
MeusH wrote:
He cheated in a non-CTRL+C way. ;) Those coal mines were placed in the scenario editor and were there at the very start of the game.
Ghost
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ghost »

I would also like to share some of my screenshots (using IN).
The landscape is generated using TGP (mountaneous and smooth). Plus I have default day length 32 (just tried the patch) and Multiply weight of freight 25 (this makes the game more challenging - you should avoid climbing hills for loaded trains).
IMHO, looks very realistic.
Attachments
MT3.gif
MT3.gif (354.13 KiB) Viewed 1017 times
Some nice views of the railways going on a mountain edge.
Some nice views of the railways going on a mountain edge.
MT1.gif (300.35 KiB) Viewed 1063 times
Overall view of the network. Railways go around mountains. I tried to connect all coal mines to one power station (at the left side)
Overall view of the network. Railways go around mountains. I tried to connect all coal mines to one power station (at the left side)
MT4.gif (126.16 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
Last edited by Ghost on 01 Sep 2006 11:49, edited 1 time in total.
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

MeusH wrote:
If you start with 2-3 coal mines, there is not problem to build the rest without cheating.
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.

Return to “Screenshots”