Clone Train (WIP) - Cursor Sprite Wantted

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

I'm willing to bet that it's the fact that the motion between frames 0&1 and between 2&3 is diagonal, while the motion between 1&2 is vertical.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

I've made similar icons for the other vehicles. Does it even remotely resemble the train one?

The small icons replace the 'depot' icon when a vehicle is inside a depot. I don't think they look stunning, I'm not good at redrawing sprites at those small sizes. Train/Road are ok imho but the other two :?
If someone feels free, would be glad to accept better icons for those.

Ships and Planes aren't offset that much vertically because they're big enough already, but I think the horizontal offset looks good as well.
Attachments
clone-icons.png
clone-icons.png (2.73 KiB) Viewed 886 times
Last edited by Darkvater on 27 Aug 2006 14:19, edited 1 time in total.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Pnaky
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Pnaky »

Darkvater wrote:I've made similar icons for the other vehicles. Does it even remotely resemble the train one?

The small icons replace the 'depot' icon when a vehicle is inside a depot. I don't think they look stunning, I'm not good at redrawing sprites at those small sizes. Train/Road are ok imho but the other two :?

Ships and Planes aren't offset that much vertically because they're big enough already, but I think the horizontal offset looks good as well.
Those icons are wonderful!!! Take this pls for the clone vehicles features...
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

this is my improve of the animated cursor:
Attachments
i spent all morning on this
i spent all morning on this
clone171.PNG (2.1 KiB) Viewed 792 times
to scale
to scale
clone172.PNG (1.19 KiB) Viewed 714 times
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...

Return to “Graphics Development”