OpenTTD 0.4.8 RC1 -> For real this time

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

OpenTTD 0.4.8 RC1 -> For real this time

Post by TrueBrain »

Hi all,

As announced here, 0.4.8 RC1 is released. Sadly, the binaries took a while to show up. First of all there were SF problems, then some other release-related problems. But, not to be sad, finally the binaries are here.

We also decided to publish the binaries via bittorrent, just to see what happens. So use it if you like it, and don't if you do not like it (dah ;)), and let us know what you think about it.

Torrents can be found here: http://torrent.openttd.org:8082/
Please help us seed!

If you can't use torrent, or don't want to, you can download the files via SourceForge. Check http://www.openttd.org/downloads.php for more details.
Last edited by TrueBrain on 14 Jul 2006 10:59, edited 1 time in total.
TrueTenacity
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TrueTenacity »

My ISP has kindly blocked bittorrent and all P2P traffic so will have to wait till the files find their way to SF...
I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

TrueTenacity wrote:My ISP has kindly blocked bittorrent and all P2P traffic so will have to wait till the files find their way to SF...
I guess your ISP doesn't know that bittorrent was originally meant to distribute linux, and other free applications. It even states on the official bittorrent site that the makers of it made it for distributing legal software, not illigal IIRC. It's time to start complaining ;).
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
TrueTenacity
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TrueTenacity »

Well, my isp still has to discover fire...
I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
mikk36
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mikk36 »

TrueTenacity wrote:My ISP has kindly blocked bittorrent and all P2P traffic so will have to wait till the files find their way to SF...
do u use default port for ur torrent program ? if yes, try a random one in range 10000 to 65535
Aloysha
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Aloysha »

How soon before we can expect 0.4.8 which isn't RC?

I want to get updating my servers :)
Cura Internet OpenTTD
bennett
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bennett »

mikk36 wrote:
do u use default port for ur torrent program ? if yes, try a random one in range 10000 to 65535
Also if you use utorrent, then you will be able to turn on the protocol encryption,

To do that, click Options, Preferences, Bittorrent and enable protocol encryption and also allow legacy connections,, legacy connections are people that are not using encrypted torrents :),, i hope that helps you out :D

Awesome stuff on the 0.4.8, i love all the work being done on this amazing game :)
dphoenix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dphoenix »

bennett wrote:
mikk36 wrote:
Also if you use utorrent, then you will be able to turn on the protocol encryption
I was going to say that is possible in µTorrent and Azureus as well, but I wonder if uTorrent=µTorrent? Anyway, change ports and enable encryption, and you will to a certain extent be able to fool your ISP. Me, I'd change my ISP if they were blocking anything.
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

Aloysha wrote:How soon before we can expect 0.4.8 which isn't RC?

I want to get updating my servers :)
When it is done :)
TrueTenacity
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TrueTenacity »

tried all that.. the ports are open on the isp, just throttled to zip...
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

Files are now available via HTTP at: http://www.openttd.org/downloads.php
Nickman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nickman »

Nice to see the RC finally downloadable ;)
VPN-User
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by VPN-User »

I just updated my Server "[DE]KiK-Server" to the latest version, if anyone wants to play newest version online.
Locutus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Locutus »

I have the same problem, as with the other topic's 4.8 RC1...

I supply them with all raw materials, but factorys doesnt produce anything (no goods, no food...) :(
NCarlson
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by NCarlson »

I agree about changin ISPs when they start blocking, but that isn't so easy in the real world, sigh. Anyway, IMO a 25 mb file is way too small to make BT worthwhile, I really find that the protocol only really does well with large files.
BeLpHeR
Engineer
Engineer

Can't build stations

Post by BeLpHeR »

I just dicovered a bug: can't build railway stations in winter, desert and toyland scenarios. I try it everywhere. Someone has similar problem?
Someone stolen.
Xaroth
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Xaroth »

Set to download (And then seed) all torrents for long time.
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Can't build stations

Post by richk67 »

BeLpHeR wrote:I just dicovered a bug: can't build railway stations in winter, desert and toyland scenarios. I try it everywhere. Someone has similar problem?
You cant build stations until trains become available; which for arctic and desert scenarios is 1945/6. Check your start date.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
Rexxie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rexxie »

I feel I have to use µTorrent when seeding OpenTTD seeing as ludde made both projects possible :)

Thanks again devs for your contributions to the TTD community :)
- Rexxie
Sanity is a full time job.
beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by beeb375 »

Locutus wrote:I have the same problem, as with the other topic's 4.8 RC1...

I supply them with all raw materials, but factorys doesnt produce anything (no goods, no food...) :(
Perhaps you have the option turned on where no goods are produced until there's a demand? Run a goods train to that station and see if they appear.
“Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The ‘x’ makes it sound cool.”

Return to “General OpenTTD”