OpenTTD 0.4.8 preparations

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Changes backported from trunk/:
  • r4116 - The AI should send a plane into a hangar if it's not in a hangar _or_ not stopped, not when it's not in a hangar _and_ not stopped
  • r5119 - If a road vehicle is on a road depot tile and stopped doesn't mean it's in the depot. Use the proper test for this
  • r5124 - Be more strict what it means for an aircraft to be in a hangar: It's not just being stopped on a hangar tile
  • r5226 - It was possible to rename signs or waypoints with the chat box
  • r5260 - It was possible to convert the railtype of a bridge while a train was on it
  • r5264 - The wrong IP could get unbanned, e.g. 'unban 1.2.3.42' could result in unbanning 1.2.3.4
  • r5175, r5176 - Autoreplaced trains can leave all wagons in depot under certain circumstances
  • r... - translation updates
Types with an exclamation mark after them are not yet decided for backporting.
The FlySpray tasks for 0.4.8 are imho insignificant enough to release a RC1 in the very near future, probably this weekend.

On the todo list are: Branch synchronised/backport status:
branch 0.4/ synched with fixes up to r5290
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

So - when is 0.4.8 gonna be out?

Even I like the bracketted smooth economy. :-)
SpecialK
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SpecialK »

Any update on when OpenTTD 0.4.8 will be out?
sidew
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sidew »

SirkoZ wrote:*sounds of crickets*
that remind me my last trip to australia.... I never understand the rules but I known the length of a normal match :lol:
Sidewinder

Italian Town names patch for OTTD (R5266) now in trunk since 0.4.8
For typo, errors or bug on OTTD italian translation, please PM me.
unofficial italian TTD/OpenTTD forum: http://wolf01.game-host.org/forum/index.php
Sacro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sacro »

What type of "normal" match? 1 Day? 5 Day? 20/20? :)

Anyhow, cricket is dead simple - As follows (Cricket for foreigners!)

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.
We Am De Best

Host of ThroughTheTube site
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

Sacro wrote:What type of "normal" match? 1 Day? 5 Day? 20/20? :)

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.
Stands to reason. Oh, and out or in, they all come in for tea at 4.
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
Jango
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jango »

Brianetta wrote:
Sacro wrote:What type of "normal" match? 1 Day? 5 Day? 20/20? :)

Stands to reason. Oh, and out or in, they all come in for tea at 4.
except, sometimes this happens before 4 if a team becomes all out, and then all in for tea early.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Branch synchronised/backport status:
branch 0.4/ synched with fixes up to r5369

Yes, I am getting lazy :P
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
damazul
Engineer
Engineer

Post by damazul »

you most set the newe airports in it there very nice
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

damazul wrote:you most set the newe airports in it there very nice
Many things very nice , including the airports, won't be included.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

OpenTTD 0.4.8 RC1 has been released :)
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

Darkvater wrote:OpenTTD 0.4.8 RC1 has been released :)
Wow. Cool! 8)

By the way - please update the downloads with the real 0.4.8 RC1 - the linked download page eventually leads to 0.4.7... ;)
meowsqueak
Engineer
Engineer

Post by meowsqueak »

For some reason I can't find a working link to 0.4.8-rc1 anywhere. Has this release been pulled from distribution? As SirkoZ said, the downloads page still links to 0.4.7.
badut78
Engineer
Engineer

Post by badut78 »

meowsqueak wrote:For some reason I can't find a working link to 0.4.8-rc1 anywhere. Has this release been pulled from distribution? As SirkoZ said, the downloads page still links to 0.4.7.
Sourceforge is down at the moment. For more details see:

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=25921

You may also download the source code for 0.4.8 RC1 and compile it yourself if you're desperate.
meowsqueak
Engineer
Engineer

Post by meowsqueak »

Do you mean the ability to upload new files to SourceForge is broken? Because I have no problem downloading existing files from there but I understand if the developers are not able to upload a new version.

I'll try compiling from source (Linux user here, shouldn't be a problem). Thanks for the idea.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”