OpenTTD 0.4.6 released

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

OpenTTD 0.4.6 released

Post by Darkvater »

OpenTTD is back with a quick release. This time no new features only bugfixes. But at least this one is hot on the heels of 0.4.5 and should work more pleasantly. You can safely upgrade from 0.4.5 to this version as hopefully nothing has gotten broken, only fixed. Have fun.

-- OpenTTD Team

As the naming of 0.4.5.1 as a fix-release was shot down, this has become 0.4.6. The next big release including elrails and whatnot will be 0.5, after that 0.6 etc. Sorry for the confusion.

Many thanks for all the people that have contributed during development, and a big cheers for the tfc_map team, who (while not having to do much with this release), have done tremendous work in laying the groundwork for further exciting development.

You can as always download it here: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=403902

Changelog:
[list]* Codechange: [win32] Show the revision in crash.txt and enable the button to show the crash text in the crash-window (r3965)
* Codechange: Add additional linker information to release builds to help figure out crashes more easily (r3526)
* Fix: [OSX 10.3 and newer] [ 1157244 ] Can't save game if name contains german umlauts (loading savegames with certain chars still look odd) (r4038)
* Fix: [OSX] major speedup for PPC fullscreen (r4034)
* Fix: [Makefile] Make sure the ICON_DIR gets created before copying files there. (r4032)
* Fix: [win32] Change compiler settings to use the multithreaded CRT. This prevents certain crashes on multi-threaded machines. (r4031)
* Fix: [ 1453646 NPF ] Road vehicles planning through the back of depots and stations. (r4029)
* Fix: Use the title of a savegame in the saveload dialog-editbox. (r4018)
* Fix: Improper resolution written to the configuration file when exiting from fullscreen. (r4017)
* Fix: When removing rail track from a tile where only X and Y pieces exist, explicitly update signals in both directions. (r4016)
* Fix: Default the patch-setting 'pause_on_join' to true. (r4015)
* Fix: Slope and height information returned for some tile types is wrong (r4014)
* Fix: Fixes a bug introduced by r3228 which allowed steep rail tiles resulting in ... unwanted effects such as display artifacts. (r4012)
* Fix: Update french translation (r3978)
* Fix: FS#56 - [Crash] Missing glyph(s) in big-font. Added several missing glyphs for the big font. (r3970)
* Fix: [ 1439907 ] Increase client list window width so at least most languages fit. (r3969)
* Fix: Update german and finnish languages. (r3968)
* Fix: Properly set back the owner of a crossing/road-under bridge after removing it. (r3967)
* Fix: [autoreplace]: (FS#67) autoreplacing trains now keep their tile length instead of their pixel length. (r3964)
* Fix: Mark the right tile as dirty. It's just a graphical glitch which happend in r1592. (r3962)
* Fix: Fix crash when resizing news history window. (r3961)
* Fix: Correctly implement minimum search, so road vehicles head twoards the closest station, not the last one in the list. (r3960)
* Fix: [FS#61] The tooltips for raising and lowering land buttons in the scenario editor are interchanged (r3959)
* Fix: Correctly restore the roadside after roadworks are finished. (r3957)
* Fix: [Multistop] Check the status of the destination road stop instead of a station's first road stop. This only has effect with road vehicle queuing disabled. (r3956)
* Fix: validate the setting of max_companies/spectators through the console. (r3955)
* Fix: Improve game-load times. (r3954)
* Fix: On loading a game, GetPlayerRailtypes() didn't account for the fact that vehicles are introduced a year after their introduction date. This will also relieve possible (rare) network desyncs. (r3952)
* Fix: Restore plural forms of cargo types for several languages. (r3951)
* Fix: [win32] Add directives to allow Visual Studio 2005 compilation. (r3950)
* Fix: [ 1415782 ] crash in string code with openbsd/zaurus; alignment issues (r3948)[/list]
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Michi_cc
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Windows x64 version

Post by Michi_cc »

Hi,

if anyone cares, I made a native 64-bit version for Windows XP for AMD64 systems.

Download (about 6.14 MB):
http://www.icosahedron.de/openttd/opent ... -win64.zip

Permission granted to do with it whatever you like; the usual caveats apply.

-- Michael Lutz
Last edited by Michi_cc on 25 Mar 2006 11:22, edited 2 times in total.
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Great one ofcourse!
Good work people! :wink:
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OpenTTD 0.4.6 released

Post by bobingabout »

Darkvater wrote: * Fix: [autoreplace]: (FS#67) autoreplacing trains now keep their tile length instead of their pixel length. (r3964)
i reported bug FS#67 :P
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!
There are times when JPG is useful, TTD screenshots is not one of them. Please use PNG instead.

[/url]
eNTi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eNTi »

omg! you are f*** awesome. the only thing left to say.
Mania
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Windows x64 version

Post by Mania »

Michi_cc wrote:Hi,

if anyone cares, I made a native 64-bit version for Windows XP for AMD64 systems.

Download (about 6.14 MB):
http://www.icosahedron.de/openttd/opent ... -win64.zip

Permission granted to do with it whatever you like; the usual caveats apply.

-- Michael Lutz
Hah awesome :)
-mourns loss of yellow signal patch from nightly though-
maartena
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by maartena »

Are we going to see a 0.4.6.1 this weekend to fix the NPF bug? Yes I know its fixed in the latest nightly, but I play mostly online and also have a server. I'd rather stick to official releases. ;)
MazeMaster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MazeMaster »

Michi, I love you
MazeMaster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MazeMaster »

Hold on, it says data/sample.cat is missing :(
MazeMaster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MazeMaster »

lol nevermind got it working
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Ok..what is this? /me is closing topic. Continue discussion in the topic for OpenTTD 0.4.7
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."

Return to “General OpenTTD”