Electric Rails -- Help us test

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Electric Rails -- Help us test

Post by TrueBrain »

Currently, we are in the process of making electric rail available in OpenTTD! Because this involves a lot of big changes, we are creating it outside of the main development. Therefor, it isn't included in the nightlies. But, no need to be sad, you can download the latest version of elrail here:

Warning: using 'elrail' can unrecoverable damage your savegame, which can't be loaded by any version of OpenTTD. Do not report bugs related to this. You have been warned!

(offline)

If you find problems in it, please report them via the bug-tracker, clearly stating that you are using the elrail binaries, or send a mail to Celestar (for his email address, check http://www.openttd.org). Please read the BUGS file before doing so.

Also, don't be shy to tell Celestar what a great job he did!

As from 2006-03-29, elrail is merged into the main trunk, and can therefor be seen in the nightlies produced from this day. Topic is closed because of this. Enjoy all!
Last edited by TrueBrain on 29 Mar 2006 19:18, edited 7 times in total.
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

I'll give it a try later.
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!
There are times when JPG is useful, TTD screenshots is not one of them. Please use PNG instead.

[/url]
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Where can I find the BUGS file? Do you mean the 'Reporting Bugs' section in the readme?

I've tried it, and it works fairly well, except that there aren't graphics for bridges or waypoints. Also, you cannot convert depots when trains are in them, which is strange because electric/steam/diesel trains all use the same track type. The screenshot highlights all the 'bugs' I've found.

Oh, and excellent work, Celestar. We're grateful...
(so, you're a she, eh? ;))
Attachments
Overborough Transport, 17th May 2000.png
Overborough Transport, 17th May 2000.png (178.31 KiB) Viewed 2271 times
Last edited by White Rabbit on 13 Mar 2006 20:43, edited 2 times in total.
MarshalZhukov
Engineer
Engineer

Mac OS X?

Post by MarshalZhukov »

will there be a mac os x version of the erail binary? thanks.
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

noticed 1 bug so far... on the cheat menu, the money fluctuates all the time, pressing it gives you the £10M, but when i first looked at it, it said £4G, but kept changing.
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!
There are times when JPG is useful, TTD screenshots is not one of them. Please use PNG instead.

[/url]
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

I have no idea why the OSX binary is missing, so I just made one and then I will investigate why it's missing.
Attachments
OpenTTD_elrails_r3850_universal_OSX.zip
universal binary of elrails based on revision 3850
(2.1 MiB) Downloaded 500 times
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

bobingabout wrote:noticed 1 bug so far... on the cheat menu, the money fluctuates all the time, pressing it gives you the £10M, but when i first looked at it, it said £4G, but kept changing.
this is happening in the main trunk too. It appears to be a borked display only
zombie
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by zombie »

Hi there.

I just tried it and works fine. The path finding seems to work. I had no electric train trying to use non electrified rails. But I found one thing to change:

The electrified depot and the regular depot are the same. I would prefer two different depots. That could help A LOT if you are using mixed train networks.

Zombie
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

Bjarni wrote:
bobingabout wrote:noticed 1 bug so far... on the cheat menu, the money fluctuates all the time, pressing it gives you the £10M, but when i first looked at it, it said £4G, but kept changing.
this is happening in the main trunk too. It appears to be a borked display only
yes, i've just noticed. i went and tested for that, and found another bug, which is also in the trunk.

I've just reported them in the main bug report page.
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!

[/url]
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

the replace vehicles thing, electric vehicles come in a seperate section dispite them both being able to work on electric track. you should add standard rail vehicles to the electric vehicles section. actually, its going to be a bit complex.
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!

[/url]
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

Devs, would you like to commandeer my nightly server to this task?
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
Scia
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Scia »

Brianetta wrote:Devs, would you like to commandeer my nightly server to this task?
:D I would like that (as a player ofcourse :P ). As long as the restart_game_date is not working entirely as intended, could you maybe set it to 2090. It is kind of annoying to play for only one year... I can't ever repay my loan :P.

Regards.

Scia 8)
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Excellent work, it works really great. I haven't noticed any bugs, but I should take a better look at bridges, tunnels and convert tool.
Last edited by MeusH on 13 Mar 2006 22:42, edited 1 time in total.
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

Brianetta wrote:Devs, would you like to commandeer my nightly server to this task?
that's up to you, but there is one reply in favour and no against at the time I write this :wink:
I don't mean Scia should decide this alone, but it's still 100% of the for/against posts
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

Is there a diff? I can't run those binaries, as they're dynamically linked to SDL, which isn't on my server.

Edit: It's OK, somebody pointed me to the SVN branch. It's running.

http://ppcis.org/nightly
Last edited by Brianetta on 13 Mar 2006 23:26, edited 1 time in total.
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

Brianetta wrote:Is there a diff? I can't run those binaries, as they're dynamically linked to SDL, which isn't on my server.
you can get the source from svn by typing

Code: Select all

svn co svn://svn.openttd.org/branch/elrail elrail
note: the mac binary I posted is a statically linked binary. Nobody have to wonder about having the right libraries installed. It just works :wink:
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

It's all good. What version are the posted binaries? I don't want people fighting revision mis-matches, and will cheat the version number if necessary.

Edit: All sorted.

Devs, I've left the rcon password in Bjarni's PM inbox, in case you want to tweak runtime stuff at all. (:

The idea here is that the server is providing actual and useful testing. If the devs would like specific saved games loading, or would like different settings, just let me know and I'll accommodate.
dev|ant
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by dev|ant »

Brilliant, I love it! :D

I did come across a pathfinder issue though in the quick testing I managed before work. An electric train was trying to get to an elrail platform via track that had a segment of standard track included, instead of going for the second platform which was all elrail. If that doesn't make sense, I'll post a screeny when I get home tonight to clarify. (Sorry if this is already known - I couldn't find the bugs file).

Great work! 8)
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

Brianetta wrote:What version are the posted binaries?
I don't know so I used rev 3850 for the mac build. I have no idea if they are the same :(
MarshalZhukov
Engineer
Engineer

Thanks!

Post by MarshalZhukov »

Mac version looks great, thanks for posting!

Return to “General OpenTTD”