[OTTD] Scenarios

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
ConductorBob
Director
Director

Post by ConductorBob »

Here's a wierd sorta one I'm working on.
Attachments
A river Runs.scn
(189.66 KiB) Downloaded 377 times
jungle
Engineer
Engineer

Updated and new scenarios!

Post by jungle »

Hi All,

Here's a load of my scenarios hopefully in time for the new edition of OTTD...

The new ones make use of the nice new terrain importing tool - thanks to whoever it was that wrote/compiled that for us non-programming people.

(pictures to follow)
Attachments
Beartrap Forest 2.scn
And this is completely new. "Beartrap Forest" (version 2) is a mountainous 512x512 Alpine map.
(348.29 KiB) Downloaded 406 times
Lagos Swamp.scn
This is "Lagos Swamp" (version 2), another tropical 256x256 map, a slight update of the earlier version on this thread. More industries, larger towns.
(103.42 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
echo_578.scn
We start with an old 256x256 scenario, "Echo" (version 2). This is an old tropical/desert one, included here to save trekking through the thread to find it again...
(101.53 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

Ok i tikered some industries abit:
removed one forest near klaipeda and plaiced 2 oil wells near the baltic sea(the oil resources are located there and being used now in real life)
Added some signs that mark important objects:
Ignalina Nuclear Power Plant
Butinge Oil Refinery
And i don't need copyrights i just got a sign that marks the place where i live with my name on it :wink:
Starting year is 1930 so it's hard in the start(you got only one locomotive availible)
Attachments
Lithuania.scn
(112.23 KiB) Downloaded 433 times
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Jungle: I really like the Beartrap Forest :) It's truely great!
However, there are some issues: Don't you think easter corner is a bad choice for initial position? I'd suggest some lake, hill or a forest. Also I'd prefer the copyright signs to be all in the northmost corner, not the eastern one or whereever else. You know, easier to find; unified. Great job on the scenarios :)
I'd like someone to comment the Lagos swamp map, I think some more (5?) industries would be nice

ConductorBob: You generated the hilly landscape and put towns on it, then made a river with level land tool? It's sad, I see much potential in you. Just please make it so I don't see it's a random generated map.

IvanDK: Thank you. I really like this map but I'm a bit shocked.. Seems I didn't saw the amount of industries before. I'd like someone to comment this map. It's perfect for non-train routes, but if one wants to make a train route, problems appear.

Killer_11: You know it's great :)

Great work everyone!
yasinko
Engineer
Engineer

Post by yasinko »

Added my name, fixes some slugs... (Removed Steel mill near Limassol, re-arranged industry production rates for challenge, added ponds, define some geographic locations). If it is OK with forests and sawmills, my scenario is ready and renamed as Cyprus Under The Sun. Have fun! (oh it rhymed :))

Map: http://www.tt-forums.net/download.php?id=41443
Attachments
Cyprus Under The Sun.scn
Starts in 1940. Subtropical. Version 0,4,0,1
(36.7 KiB) Downloaded 414 times
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jungle »

MeusH wrote:Jungle: I really like the Beartrap Forest :) It's truely great!
However, there are some issues: Don't you think easter corner is a bad choice for initial position? I'd suggest some lake, hill or a forest.
Yes, you spotted the deliberate (cough) mistake. It was meant to be somewhere else. Will repost along with scenario no. 4, "Western Hills", in a minute. Also if anyone knows a sensible method (i.e. one that doesn't involve the "giant screenshot", being that it appears to take approx. 5 hours on my machine) of getting a nice and postable size 'picture' of a big scenario, go ahead and tell me and I'll try it.
Also I'd prefer the copyright signs to be all in the northmost corner, not the eastern one or whereever else. You know, easier to find; unified. Great job on the scenarios :)
Fair enough, I didn't know there was a specific corner... I just put them in the emptiest one...
jungle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jungle »

A few updates (basically to fix the sign being in the wrong place)...

I'll wait on Lagos Swamp for a while to see if anyone replies about the industries.

And there's one more... "Western Hills". Not for those who don't like trees, and probably a bit less densely populated than Beartrap Forest v2.
Attachments
Beartrap Forest 2.scn
Much better starting point now, otherwise identical...
(348.15 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
Echo.scn
(102.23 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
Western Hills.scn
(370.15 KiB) Downloaded 391 times
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Very nice, very good :)
webfreakz.nl
Director
Director
Location: Localhost, 127.0.0.1, [The Netherlands: South Holland-> Westland]

Post by webfreakz.nl »

# Programming is like sex, one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life. (Michael Sinz)
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

OTTD could do with more real country maps. They are the most interesting.
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

If you mean rural areas... yes. I prefer small villages to big cities creating some metropolies.
topdoog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by topdoog »

hello guys
this is my big bigmap (2048x2048) of europe!
Attachments
Europa_1.0.scn
(1.61 MiB) Downloaded 1100 times
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Where are the two final versions with Viewpoints centered in locations.

EDIT: 7th Jan, new version of Greener on the Other side, with somewhat smoother coastlines.
Attachments
Greener On the Other Side.scn
(117.69 KiB) Downloaded 405 times
Great Divide.scn
(136.02 KiB) Downloaded 363 times
IvanDK
Engineer
Engineer

A site for OpenTTD Scenarios

Post by IvanDK »

I am trying to make a site, to put lots of OpenTTD Scenarios:

http://download.mywebhotel.dk/files.php?cat=1

I have found a other script I like better, but it cost : £50 for the full version, and the lite version do not have User Comments/Rating
more info :
http://www.rwscripts.com/index.php?url=scripts.htm
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

1) Thanks for your support, but:
2) We don't need it - we've got this forum with attached .scns
3) However, if we need such a thing in the future, there is official OTTD webisite
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Personally I think that having about 100 scenario's on 1 or 2 dedicated pages is beter then having them over more than 20 forum pages.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
IvanDK
Engineer
Engineer

Post by IvanDK »

MeusH wrote:1) Thanks for your support, but:
2) We don't need it - we've got this forum with attached .scns
3) However, if we need such a thing in the future, there is official OTTD webisite
1) your welcome!
2) it is not easy to finde the .scns in a forum (you see some one likes to get comments or rating on ther your, that is why they make polls, and if we all do that???
3) that will be nice, please do...
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

Forums are not ideal file repositories, just as wikis are not good discussion venues. I think a web page dedicated to hosting scenarios, with classification and review, would be an excellent resource.
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

I like the idea with the dedicated scenario web page. Forget about the rating .. it is not important. More important is to have a number of screenshots for each scenario so we can pick the one we like without having to download all scenarios!
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Also, the new Repository, whenever I get it finished (sometime... maybe at Easter, or maybe before, depends how things go - the link is to the old one, by the way) will support OpenTTD games and scenarios.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”