Graphics without .nfo files [needs coders!]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

singaporekid_92 wrote:I don't think it's all that dangerous
If it's goes KABOOM it's dangerous, but it probably doesn't go KABOOM, like nuclear power plants.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Szappy (in PM) wrote:Purno!

I'd like to ask whether anyone has already coded the BDVmot EMU, because I'm planning on doing so.
If not, could you provide some stats, or a link where I can find the stats for that train.
(I know it's weird, that a hungarian is aking a dutch person to provide him with stats for a hungarian train, but I'm not that into trains as you...)

Szappy
1. AFAIK the BDVmot EMU isn't coded by anybody. If somebody already coded it, please let us (Szappy + me) know. (This is one of the reasons I'm answering on the forum, so anyone can react.)

2. I have no idea how to get the vehicle stats of the BDVmot EMU. Maybe someone from Hungary knows where to get the stats, please help!

3. Thanks (I thought you couldn't code vehicles?)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Cephalaspis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cephalaspis »

Purno wrote:Nuclear steamer? What's that?
http://www.messiaen.demon.co.uk/trains/ ... dern16.htm
Over the past 5-years, research has been undertaken by companies such as Eskom in South Africa, into the field of mini-nuclear reactors, known as the Pebblebed Modular Nuclear reactor. Such mini and micro reactors can operate without cooling ponds and emit next to no radiation. Experience with nuclear powered submarines has shown that the protective cladding surrounding the reactor can protect the onboard staff from the radiation effects. Within the next few years, it may become possible for a nuclear micro-reactor to enable successful operation of a steam locomotive.
I dont want to imagine nuclear train derailing >.<
EDIT: but micro-reactors wouldnt make boom or something on derailing, except some radiation to limited distance.
Singaporekid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Singaporekid »

Nice page, so i should put a green glowing light on the train
<+Raichase> ugh, I just ate some of my beard D:
Thade
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Thade »

Purno wrote:Well, I think passengers don't want to travel with a very dangerous nuclear 'steamer', but can you prevent that the engine is used for passenger transport?
Don't tell them... :twisted:
Singaporekid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Singaporekid »

Thade wrote:
Purno wrote:Well, I think passengers don't want to travel with a very dangerous nuclear 'steamer', but can you prevent that the engine is used for passenger transport?
Don't tell them... :twisted:
Lol, that's a good one
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

/me proudly presents:

TGV Atlantique

:bow: Can somebody please code it, this train is so great! :bow:

Stats:
Name: TGV Atlantique
Designed: 1989
Weight: 444 tonnes
Consist: 2 driving cars, 10 carriages
Normal Speed: 300 km/h
Top Speed: 515 km/h
Power: 8,800 kW
Capacity: 485 passengers

EDIT: For anybody who doesn't know that TGV Atlantique (I can't image there's someone who doesn't, but anyways): Picture
Attachments
TGV Atlantique
TGV Atlantique
TGV Atlantique.png (12.73 KiB) Viewed 4959 times
Image Image
Singaporekid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Singaporekid »

That's so cool!!
But don't u think the front is to straight?
fire87
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by fire87 »

Nope.. The TGV Atlantique is supposed to look like that :wink:

fire87
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by fire87 »

Well, its time for my first graphic, EVER on TTD :D
Its the BM71, based on the BM73 Purno made a couple of days ago, and I've got his permission to modify it :wink:

Stats:

Name: BM71
Designed: 1998
Weight: 159 tonnes
Consist: 2 driving cars, but only 1 carriage
Top speed: 210KM/h
Power: 1950 kW
Capacity: 158 passengers
Attachments
And one more thing, its an Airport Express Train
And one more thing, its an Airport Express Train
bm71.PNG (5.47 KiB) Viewed 4916 times
Endre
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Endre »

Purno wrote: 2. I have no idea how to get the vehicle stats of the BDVmot EMU. Maybe someone from Hungary knows where to get the stats, please help!
Here you go!

Year: 1988-
Power: 1520kW
Weight: 64 t (motor unit), 41 t (cars)
Max. speed 100 km/h (but since it was planned to be a fast suburban train, to be "realistic" in TTD, IMHO you should give it at least 140 km/h).

There is also a BVmot, for intercity travelling, could you draw that as well?

Year: 1994-
Power: 1755kW
Weight: 69 t (motor unit), 46 t (cars)
Max. sebesség 160 km/h (see, it is the fastest train in Hungary, so it should be given at least 210 km/h in TTD)

A site for it (where you can also find other Hungarian trains):
http://www2.chem.elte.hu/gigant_club/Te ... /main.html
Indivisibiliter ac inseparabiliter
fire87
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by fire87 »

I thought it should be realistic top speed in TTD as well as real life..
The TGV Atlantique does go in 515km/h, so its the fastest train in the world.. But if a train goes 160km/h IRL and 210km/h in TTD, then the BM71 as well as BM73 (the last one in Purno's product overview) should go in 300km/h..
Don't understand the logic in that one :?
Endre
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Endre »

Well, just take a look at trains that go with e.g. 99 km/h in TTD. They're soooo slow! And a bit of speed-increasing wouldn't hurt anyone and it'd look better and it'd make the train more useful. IMHO, of course. It's up to Purno to decide...
Indivisibiliter ac inseparabiliter
fire87
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by fire87 »

Trains that go in 99km/h is perfect for metro :wink:
Just build a railroad around a very big city and use one of the 99km/h trains, they make more money than trains that go in 300kmh, actually
Szappy
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Szappy »

Endre wrote:Here you go!
Thanks!

For the others: I still need suggestions for:
(real values are sometimes way off for ttd world)
-which engine should it replace (currently Manley-Morel DMU)
-life
-model life
-reliability decay
-cost
-running cost
It's up to Purno to decide...
Well... it's up to me to decide... And I think real speed is perfect, no unbalancing. Just because it's hungarian, it shouldn't outrun a TGV ;)

As for the coding: it's completed. One question remais though (apart from the stats metioned above):
the passenger wagon that Purno drew is one pixel short, so there are gapst between the carst in the horizontal view, but the train is uniform in all other views.
Is this intentional?
Attachments
are the gaps in the horizontal view intetional?
are the gaps in the horizontal view intetional?
Scr4.png (4.26 KiB) Viewed 4876 times
Image please use email instead of PM
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Szappy wrote:As for the coding: it's completed. One question remais though (apart from the stats metioned above):
the passenger wagon that Purno drew is one pixel short, so there are gapst between the carst in the horizontal view, but the train is uniform in all other views.
Is this intentional?
Well, to make a coach look good in _ view, it sometimes has a length of 32, 31 or 30 pixels, because of the windows.

Can't you move the front unit 1 pixel to the right so that there's a 'gap' too?
Image Image
Szappy
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Szappy »

Yes, of course I'll do that.
Just wanted clarification that this was intentional.
Thanks...
Image please use email instead of PM
Bernhard
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Bernhard »

Purno wrote:/me proudly presents:

TGV Atlantique

is it done?

Purno. please look here: http://ttdgraphics.cjb.net/graphid.php?id=98
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Bernhard wrote:
Purno wrote:/me proudly presents:

TGV Atlantique

is it done?
What is done? Graphics are done, coding needs to be done.
Bernhard wrote:Purno. please look here: http://ttdgraphics.cjb.net/graphid.php?id=98
Hey! :D Good work! (Ehmm... why is my name in capitals and Lakie's name not?)
Image Image
Singaporekid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Singaporekid »

Bernhard wrote:Purno. please look here: http://ttdgraphics.cjb.net/graphid.php?id=98
Bernhard wrote:Hey! :D Good work! (Ehmm... why is my name in capitals and Lakie's name not?)
Cause he's not important?

Return to “Graphics Development”