Ship #1 is lost

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

kvwrd
Engineer
Engineer

Ship #1 is lost

Post by kvwrd »

Hello. I've recently installed 14.0 started new game and ship got lost. What am I doing wrong and what should I check? Changing pathfinder from YAPF to NPF doesn't helps the problem.
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Ship #1 is lost

Post by skc »

There's several possible issues - I won't try to guess which of them it is.

The best way to get assistance would be to save the game, and upload it to this thread.
kvwrd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kvwrd »

Sure. Here it is.
Attachments
Ship #1 is lost.sav
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 13 times
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

You should be using YAPF if you want to use the new region-based pathfinder for ships. NPF is the older one.
kvwrd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kvwrd »

Thank you for clarification, jfs. I was using YAPF when the issue happened and the name NPF looks like an acronym to NewPathFinder, that's why I tried to switch it. I also tried to search that information in the blogpost but there was no mention of YAPF neither NPF: https://www.openttd.org/news/2024/02/24 ... pathfinder

It is useful to know that NPF is the old one and the new region-based pathfinder is implemented in YAPF. :oops:

Also I believe that `ship is lost` event is happening also even on a shorter distances than I set up in the savegame. Could it be related to the map size of 4096x1024 somehow?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

correct, the "N" in "NPF" stands for "New", but the next one after that is called "Yet Another"...

you should never put "new" in a product name, because it'll get old eventually, and NPF is now old enough to drink in many countries.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”