Forgot this one setting

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Clanority
Engineer
Engineer

Forgot this one setting

Post by Clanority »

Sorry to disturb anyone but I have forgotten a certain setting. The setting is the minimum age of buying a share in the a company, it might not be in my version because I play on r25493. Thanks.
odisseus
Director
Director

Re: Forgot this one setting

Post by odisseus »

I don't think this was ever a configurable settings. You can buy shares only from companies that are 6 years or older. However, share trading will be removed altogether in version 14.
Clanority
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Clanority »

odisseus wrote: 08 Apr 2024 20:55 I don't think this was ever a configurable settings. You can buy shares only from companies that are 6 years or older. However, share trading will be removed altogether in version 14.
Weird its just I swear being able to change that setting, I only wanted to know the setting cuz I wanted to let AI"s loose then buy there company for fun.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

you can still do that in version 14, however, it's now a single "hostile takeover" button instead of the old share system.
Clanority
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Clanority »

Eddi wrote: 10 Apr 2024 11:19 you can still do that in version 14, however, it's now a single "hostile takeover" button instead of the old share system.
Ahh, thankyou! I might get version 14.
kkidslogin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kkidslogin »

odisseus wrote: 08 Apr 2024 20:55 I don't think this was ever a configurable settings. You can buy shares only from companies that are 6 years or older. However, share trading will be removed altogether in version 14.
False. This was a setting that existed when Expert was enabled (I believe) which would allow you to trade companies at that time (It could be set as low as zero, and I have no clue how high).
Certified forum helper ©. Also active in the Scratch forums, where I have over 2300 posts as of the last count.

Played OpenTTD since 1.4.4 8)
odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

Which version exactly? I have been playing OpenTTD since version 0.7.x, and I don't remember ever seeing such a setting. It always has been an on/off switch for the possibility of share trading, and the six years age threshold on top of that.
kkidslogin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kkidslogin »

odisseus wrote: 14 Apr 2024 08:26 Which version exactly? I have been playing OpenTTD since version 0.7.x, and I don't remember ever seeing such a setting. It always has been an on/off switch for the possibility of share trading, and the six years age threshold on top of that.
All of them for a while, AFAIK (I used it in older versions but don't know when it was introduced). It's in 13.4. (Under competitors)
Certified forum helper ©. Also active in the Scratch forums, where I have over 2300 posts as of the last count.

odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

Yes, you are right. However, this setting was introduced only some four years ago, which would explain why I was unaware of it...
kkidslogin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kkidslogin »

odisseus wrote: 14 Apr 2024 21:33 Yes, you are right. However, this setting was introduced only some four years ago, which would explain why I was unaware of it...
:lol:

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”