suggestion with mods

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

sietze50
Engineer
Engineer

suggestion with mods

Post by sietze50 »

i have been playing openttd for a while now and i am looking at mods to make the experience better and to extend the current game industries

please link me some good mods

kind regards
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: suggestion with mods

Post by skc »

Unfortunately, the only way to expand on the built-in industries is really to completely replace them.

FIRS and ECS (and their derivatives) industry sets are well recommended, by many, based on what's in these forums. AIRS, derived from FIRS, is looking to have some promise.

Temporal8 has made some EXCELLENT looking sets, including at least one industry set from memory, but you really do need to compliment them with every else being 32bpp or "extra zoom" sets.

GarryG is prolific in making stuff (I use that in a non-derisive way) - his AuzObjects collection of sets is simply VAST.

These are just a small start in exploring the world of NewGRF's that OpenTTD offers.
If you are interested in a specific time period or region, you're quite likely to find suitable NewGRF's - just click on "Check Online Content" from the OpenTTD main window and get spoilt for choice.

If you get really enthusiastic, you can expand, and alter, the game a lot with JGR's Patch Pack, but it's a LOT more involved than simply downloading and activating a NewGRF.
odisseus
Director
Director

Re: suggestion with mods

Post by odisseus »

skc wrote: 06 Apr 2023 11:57 Unfortunately, the only way to expand on the built-in industries is really to completely replace them.
That's not true. You can mix new industries with built-in ones. For example, there is an add-on called "Logging camp" which replaces just one industry.

There are also add-ons which keep the old industries and their cargo chains, but change the way their output depends on supply deliveries and other factors. One such add-on is BSPI.

However, the add-ons that provide a whole industry set, such as ECS and FIRS, are indeed incompatible with other sets or with the default industries. That said, there are add-ons that add new industries on top of FIRS.

Return to “General OpenTTD”