Transport Tycoon 2013 for iOS & Android only?!

Talk about the new mobile version of Transport Tycoon (for iOS and Android) released in 2013.
Acela Wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Transport Tycoon 2013 for iOS & Android only?!

Post by Acela Wolf »

From what I've heard about the new Transport Tycoon game, it sounds like it's intended only for iOS & Android. In my opinion, that's total BS, it should be on PC as well. I got all excited about the new Transport Tycoon and now its like a holographic Ferrari waiting for me in my driveway... If... you get what I mean...

Basically, all I'm trying to say is, if Transport Tycoon 2013 isn't announced for PC, words cannot describe how disappointed/ pissed off I will be. :evil:
Last edited by Acela Wolf on 03 Aug 2013 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
Signatures are overrated.
Zhall
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Transport Tycoon 2013 for iOS & Android only?!

Post by Zhall »

What's the source of this news?
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Sapphire United wrote: What's the source of this news?
42 or http://www.tt-forums.net/viewforum.php?f=73 . ;)
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

It's been stated since it was first announced that the new game will be for mobile devices only. You never know, if it does well it might inspire Chris to release a version for PC, but until then it may be worth buying a tablet. ;)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Acela Wolf wrote: Basically, all I'm trying to say is, if Transport Tycoon 2013 isn't announced fro PC, words cannot describe how disappointed/ pissed off I will be. :evil:
Acquire the game Locomotion (preferably through legal means), it seems the new game is just Locomotion remade for mobile devices.

Also orudge, not all of us are rich enough to buy a tablet for a game ;)
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Jolteon wrote:
Acela Wolf wrote: Basically, all I'm trying to say is, if Transport Tycoon 2013 isn't announced fro PC, words cannot describe how disappointed/ pissed off I will be. :evil:
Acquire the game Locomotion (preferably through legal means), it seems the new game is just Locomotion remade for mobile devices.

This thread was originally posted in the Locomotion forums, so I would say he already owns it plus from people on here that have actually played it, say it is not basically Locomotion.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Mainline421
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mainline421 »

I don't have (nor do I want my location tracked) a tablet I will play this via an emaulator on PC (if possible) I suggest you attempt the same if you don't own a tablet. :)
jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonty-comp »

If it's successful I daresay CS will port it to Windows 8! It's a shame for people that don't want / can't afford mobile devices, but they're the new 'thing', and by the looks of it the emerging market that will overtake the PC before too long.

As a minor aside, tablets don't track your location any more than your PC does, unless you specifically activate things like Google+ location tracking. I can tell pretty accurately where you are from your IP right now. :P
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

They haven't ruled out a Windows 8 port either. They have just stated that iOS and Android are the biggest markets so they are targeting them for launch.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Acela Wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Acela Wolf »

Jolteon wrote: Acquire the game Locomotion (preferably through legal means), it seems the new game is just Locomotion remade for mobile devices.

Yes, Jolteon, I own Locomotion, and it is fantastic. I got it on amazon for $7.00
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

orudge wrote:...but until then it may be worth buying a tablet. ;)
Jolteon wrote:Also orudge, not all of us are rich enough to buy a tablet for a game ;)
Mainline421 wrote:I don't have a tablet I will play this via an emulator on PC (if possible) I suggest you attempt the same if you don't own a tablet. :)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=2333452

Have an Android actually running on your PC. :wink:
Last edited by YNM on 04 Aug 2013 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
oboka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by oboka »

You still can play this game legally on a PC using Android emulator BlueStacks.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

oboka wrote:You still can play this game legally on a PC using Android emulator BlueStacks.
In theory. In practice, BlueStacks is the slowest piece of junk I've tried to run on a PC in years.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

We should try to send some suggestions, because Locomotion is interesting, but too limited if You try to create an add-on.
  • PC: not only tablets or smartphones.
  • Windowed mode, not only fullscreen.
  • More vehicles, 224 is too low.
  • Livery selection on each vehicle.
  • Vehicles with more than 4 cars.
  • Cargo loading states for articulated wagons (I hate this, because some freight wagons has two parts).
  • Special views for wagons at stations? For example, opened doors.
  • Station buildings (without hacks).
  • Passenger destinations.
  • Station ratings not based on last train departure (better: allow timetables and rate the regularity).
  • EMUs and DMUs driving backwards (realistic), without reversing the train.
IMHO some of these suggestions are not too hard to code.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

maquinista wrote:We should try to send some suggestions, because Locomotion is interesting, but too limited if You try to create an add-on.
You can't do this stuff in Locomotion? :shock:
maquinista wrote:IMHO some of these suggestions are not too hard to code.
I'm not sure about 'passenger destinations'
Formerly known as UseYourIllusion.
Java Scenario Found Here - Version 2 out
[tweɪ̂ pû tɕʰì wɔ̀ mǐlɤ lû tɕʰìŋ nì pɑ́ŋmɑ̌ŋ]
Acela Wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Acela Wolf »

maquinista wrote:We should try to send some suggestions, because Locomotion is interesting, but too limited if You try to create an add-on.
A suggestion I've come up with, is more North American locomotives. When you look at Great Britain, there's almost too many. The UK steam locomotive list consists of the Gresleys, the Staniers, Standard Class 4MT, and even the Jinty. The North American steam list: 2-4-2, 2-8-0, and the Pacific.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Look, Locomotion and TTD already have PC versions. PC sales are on the decline, and have been for several years. Why develop for a platform which has no growth? Mobile devices are quick-evolving, with many devices being abandoned as outdated within 1-2 years. Features in both hardware and software are developing at a extremely fast pace.

That said, Chris Sawyer's focus on games is fun, not realism. And, no denying, TTD is fun. RCT is fun. Whatever limits are in the game, it's not there to pee in everybody's Cheerios, they are there because it achieves Sawyer's goal of making a fun game.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

UseYourIllusion wrote:
You can't code a 5 coaches EMU/DMU. If You want to do that, You must create two vehicles. :(
UseYourIllusion wrote:
maquinista wrote:IMHO some of these suggestions are not too hard to code.
I'm not sure about 'passenger destinations'
I know.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

kamnet wrote:Look, Locomotion and TTD already have PC versions. PC sales are on the decline, and have been for several years. Why develop for a platform which has no growth? Mobile devices are quick-evolving, with many devices being abandoned as outdated within 1-2 years. Features in both hardware and software are developing at a extremely fast pace.

That said, Chris Sawyer's focus on games is fun, not realism. And, no denying, TTD is fun. RCT is fun. Whatever limits are in the game, it's not there to pee in everybody's Cheerios, they are there because it achieves Sawyer's goal of making a fun game.
PC sales are on decline, but PC Gaming is growing. The PC Gaming market was reported to grow 8% last year.
K.Y.Chung
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by K.Y.Chung »

maquinista wrote:
UseYourIllusion wrote:
You can't code a 5 coaches EMU/DMU. If You want to do that, You must create two vehicles. :(

Even if it is made possible, is it really a good idea to buy an 8-car train by just 1 click? :wink:
Visit Nanyue Express for my railway car drawings

Return to “Transport Tycoon (2013)”