[UNIV] ISR - Industrial Stations Renewal

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [UNIV] ISR - Industrial Stations Renewal

Post by mart3p »

Kogut wrote:There is yet another problem with AI interaction - instead of steel mill station default one is constructed.
Thanks for the bug report, I have been able to reproduce this with AIAI. But I don't think this is an ISR problem, AdmiralAI is building steel mill stations correctly...
AI steel mill station.png
AI steel mill station.png (43.67 KiB) Viewed 4985 times
Kogut wrote:Would it be useful to make debugging AI that builds station for every cargo to catch problems like this?
It would be useful. Can it be done without too much work?
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

I now know what happens - steel mill is unable to provide stations with length of 7 tiles. Is it possible to change it? It is affecting not only AIs, I remember that it was quite irritating also in normal games. It seems that changing it should be easy (6 tiles layout + 1 tile layout), but maybe I am wrong.

And here is TEST AI - it is possible to set width, length of station and distance (parameter of API call - see http://noai.openttd.org/api/trunk/class ... 2262c8b42f for documentation).

In games with multiple cargos it may be necessary to provide AI with additional money (via cheats). Some information is displayed in AI debug.

Code is also stored at https://github.com/Bulwersator/Test-Ope ... f_Stations
Attachments
Test-OpenTTD-AI.tar
(77 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

Kogut wrote:I now know what happens - steel mill is unable to provide stations with length of 7 tiles. Is it possible to change it?
Yes you're right, the length restriction is the problem. Some of the animated stations are limited in length due to the number of available animation frames.

But having looked at the steel mill station code, I can see no reason why I can't lift this restriction in this case. There will still be a limit to the length of the animated tiles. On stations built above this limit, the crane will not move the full length of the platform.
Kogut wrote:And here is TEST AI - it is possible to set width, length of station and distance...
Thanks for the TEST AI. :)
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

Why not just draw a empty low platform tile or similar for the tiles past 7?
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

supermop wrote:Why not just draw a empty low platform tile or similar for the tiles past 7?
I considered that option but it's easier to just remove the build length restriction. In fact, I already have it working... :wink:
long steel mll station.png
long steel mll station.png (75.73 KiB) Viewed 4776 times
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

what i always found "wrong" about the steel mill station is that you can't build one without this "shed" thing, as i don't like this kind of closed station, and rather have my trains visible.

PS: was there ever a conclusion on how to implement visible stockpiles based on station throughput instead of currently waiting? (new variable needed?)
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Eddi wrote:what i always found "wrong" about the steel mill station is that you can't build one without this "shed" thing, as i don't like this kind of closed station, and rather have my trains visible.
I am +1 to that. I usually overbuild most of the shed with other platforms. :)
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

Eddi wrote:what i always found "wrong" about the steel mill station is that you can't build one without this "shed" thing, as i don't like this kind of closed station, and rather have my trains visible.
You can build steel mill stations without the shed. If you build a single platform station, it will use the open platform with the overhead crane. If you want multiple tracks, build a number of single platform stations alongside each other. :wink:
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

What if I want multiple shed tracks?
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

supermop wrote:What if I want multiple shed tracks?
Use valuables sheds or train sheds. :)
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Eddi wrote: PS: was there ever a conclusion on how to implement visible stockpiles based on station throughput instead of currently waiting? (new variable needed?)
Depends on the exact meaning of "throughput".

There´s station var69 (information about cargo accepted in the past), which I´ve been using together with var62 (cargo rating) for some nice effects.

regards
Michael
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

Hi michael, thanks for answering Eddi's PS.
michael blunck wrote:There´s station var69 (information about cargo accepted in the past), which I´ve been using together with var62 (cargo rating) for some nice effects.
That's interesting. Is this nice effect included in a current GRF, or is this new development for a future version (NewStations 0.6?)?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

mart3p wrote:
You can build steel mill stations without the shed. If you build a single platform station, it will use the open platform with the overhead crane. If you want multiple tracks, build a number of single platform stations alongside each other. :wink:
hm, maybe the coding has changed, but back when i last tried that, adding a second platform would turn the first platform into a shed.
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

Eddi wrote:back when i last tried that, adding a second platform would turn the first platform into a shed.
This used to be the case, but that was due to problems in OpenTTD's implementation of station variable 41. This was fixed at r14956 back in October 2009! Have you tried it since then. :wink:

I'm almost ready to release ISR v0.9.1. This is mainly to fix a bug with the classic gantry crane, it also removes the build length limitation of the steel mill station, fixing the AI problem reported by Kogut. It has a couple of new features improving FIRS support: the addition of sugar and coffee cargoes and recolour sprites for bauxite.

It would be good to get the translations up to date before this release. I'm still looking for someone to do the missing Estonian and Hungarian translations, see this post.

Any new languages would be welcome as always. You can find the latest "ISR strings GB.txt" file here.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

mart3p wrote:Have you tried it since then. :wink:
probably not :)
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

Industrial Stations Renewal v0.9.1
Bauxite mine.png
Bauxite mine.png (41.14 KiB) Viewed 4156 times
Changes for ISR v0.9.1:
  • Build length restriction removed from steel mill station, crane on rails and overhead crane.
    Support for sugar and coffee cargos added. Used for crate and container platforms and non-track tiles.
    Recolour sprites for bauxite added. Used for mineral platforms and mineral non-track tiles.
    Fix #6149: Visibility test corrected for classic gantry crane animation.

ISR v0.9.1 requires OpenTTD 1.2.0 or later.
ISR v0.9.1 does not support TTDPatch. TTDPatch players should continue to use ISR v0.8.2.

ISR v0.9.1 is compatible with savegames using ISR v0.9.0.

It is available for download here. It is also available from BaNaNaS and the OpenTTD in-game content downloader.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Thank you for the next version of this set of graphics :)) . I Play with FIRS. I did not have enough sprites for bauxite.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

I hear someone created a NewObjects GRF in the style of this set. I can't seem to find a link to it anywhere and was also wondering if it was suitable for use in a way similar to mb's MariCo?
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

roboboy wrote:I hear someone created a NewObjects GRF in the style of this set. I can't seem to find a link to it anywhere and was also wondering if it was suitable for use in a way similar to mb's MariCo?
Here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=58884
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Supercheese wrote:
roboboy wrote:I hear someone created a NewObjects GRF in the style of this set. I can't seem to find a link to it anywhere and was also wondering if it was suitable for use in a way similar to mb's MariCo?
Here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=58884
Thanks for the link.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/

Return to “Graphics Development”