Mackinac Straits and Falkland Islands Scenarios

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
echopapa
Engineer
Engineer

Mackinac Straits and Falkland Islands Scenarios

Post by echopapa »

I'm new to OpenTTD and am just trying my hand at scenario development.

The first is a scenario set in the Falkland Islands, based on a contour map that I converted into a heightmap. This is a harsh landscape with very few people, but lots and lots of sheep. It's quite a challenge.

The second is a proof-of-concept. It's based on jpinard's heightmap of the Mackinac Straits area of Michigan, developed for SimCity 4. It stretches from Sault Ste. Marie to Traverse City. Populations are close to accurate. There are plenty of industrial and passenger opportunities available.

I don't know how to assign them unique IDs or write built-in readmes or any of the other fancy things people do with scenarios, but I can sure take screenshots!
Attachments
Falklands.scn
Falkland scenario
(149.72 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Mackinac.scn
Mackinac scenario
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 122 times
Screenshots
Screenshots
preview.png (530.99 KiB) Viewed 221 times
kamnet

Re: Mackinac Straits and Falkland Islands Scenarios

Post by kamnet »

echopapa wrote:I don't know how to assign them unique IDs or write built-in readmes or any of the other fancy things people do with scenarios, but I can sure take screenshots!
Simply create a file named "readme.txt" or "readme", along with a "license.txt" or "license" file, and if appropriate, a "changelog.txt" or "changelog" file, and bundle it with your scenario into a .tar archive.
echopapa
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Mackinac Straits and Falkland Islands Scenarios

Post by echopapa »

Here's the Mackinac scenario with a readme. I'll post it on the OpenTTD Wiki as well.
Attachments
Mackinac.zip
Mackinac scenario
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 105 times

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”