OpenTTD 1.3.0 titlegame

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

OpenTTD 1.3.0 titlegame

Post by planetmaker »

The recent years we had so many good entries that we decided to give some of them another spin. Thus for this year you have the choice for the titlegame of the upcoming 1.3 release of OpenTTD. You can choose between the uprunners of the last three titlegame competitions.
An overview over the contestants including savegames and screenshots at various resolutions can be found on the titlescreen's competition page.

There will be only one voting round. Each person may rank up to three entries. Rank these entries in order, your first choice is worth 3 points, your second choice 2 points and third choice 1 point. Votes can be cast by sending an e-mail to me a forum message or e-mail which lists at most three favourite entries.

Votes for will be accepted till 14th March 2013, 23:59:59 UTC.
BlueDeath
Engineer
Engineer

Re: OpenTTD 1.3.0 titlegame

Post by BlueDeath »

that sounds like a good idea. There are some good ones unused - unfortunately my last try wasn't convincing myself.

as I had some spare time the last days I messed around with some timetabling at a bussy station. This is no request for the started competion, but just in chase of another one:
Attachments
Vorwald Transport, 9. Jun 2016.sav
my newest one
(209.66 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Pilkington & Co., 15. Aug 2038.sav
subarctic theme
(215.05 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
Ailure
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Ailure »

The fifth one is very familiar. ;) I still remember when it was the titlescreen in the stable builds of openTTD (What titlescreen did openTTD have before that one?).
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

We can choose between the three runner-ups, but there are 7 picks in the links and one of them has already been used as main screen? I'm very confused, but I guess there are good ones to vote for in there too! :D
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Ailure wrote:The fifth one is very familiar. ;) I still remember when it was the titlescreen in the stable builds of openTTD (What titlescreen did openTTD have before that one?).
Isn't number 5 the original TTD titlescreen? Because the original titlescreen is packed with the nightly versions. So there was no titlescreen before that one :p
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Transportman wrote:Isn't number 5 the original TTD titlescreen? Because the original titlescreen is packed with the nightly versions. So there was no titlescreen before that one :p
Number 5 is the one used in the nightlies. It isn't the original TTD titlescreen (it features presignals, high level bridges and an "international" airport, apart from anything else).
Ailure
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Ailure »

TTD featured a tropical titlescreen on a slope. I figured it was the most distinct from the orginal temperate climate without being silly which is why it was being used. And OpenTTD used subarctic at first for making itself distinct from the TTO and TTD titlescreen I suppose.

Now I think on it, I don't think I ever seen anyone submitting a toyland titlescreen save. ;)
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

Ailure wrote:Now I think on it, I don't think I ever seen anyone submitting a toyland titlescreen save. ;)
really?

Return to “General OpenTTD”