Aviators Aircraft Set (av8) v2.2 25/02/2013

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Aviators Aircraft Set (av8) v2.11 22/04/12

Post by Supercheese »

Mpet wrote:Hello, Pikka!
Do you have parameter in your set which switch plane range off?
http://pikkarail.com/uncategorized/planes-and-ranges wrote:I’ve had a few requests on the forum for a parameter to disable the range property, but on consideration I’ve decided not to do that. The range property is interesting and adds at least a little depth to the gameplay. Allowing players to disable the range of planes makes no more sense to me than allowing them to disable the horsepower of trains or the speed of ships. You’ll all just have to get used to it.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Mpet
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mpet »

Range it's maybe interesting but I think for some old planes not enough. But OK. I change range parameter myself for planes I needed and repack GRF. :)
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Pikka, for some reason older versions of your set are selected whenever I look for updates in the online content and have v2.11 already installed. Are the older versions a requirement?
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Hyronymus wrote:Pikka, for some reason older versions of your set are selected whenever I look for updates in the online content and have v2.11 already installed. Are the older versions a requirement?
No, they are not. Perhaps it's save games or scenarios that want the older versions or something?
Kraks
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kraks »

I have such problem too. On build without any saves and scenarios. Also it always tries to download UKRS2 1.01 though I have 1.03 installed (may be it's because of UKRS2+ ?).
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

PikkaBird wrote:
Hyronymus wrote:Pikka, for some reason older versions of your set are selected whenever I look for updates in the online content and have v2.11 already installed. Are the older versions a requirement?
No, they are not. Perhaps it's save games or scenarios that want the older versions or something?
It's a new installation.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Re: Aviators Aircraft Set (av8) v2.12 29/12/12

Post by PikkaBird »

A really minor update today to make the definition of "industrial" for aircraft capacity the same as the definition for aircraft refittability. If you're not flying FIRS supplies, you won't notice the difference. :)
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Pew pew.
Attachments
biggles.png
biggles.png (30.23 KiB) Viewed 4390 times
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Translators, I left out the warning message for low planespeeds before. It is now on the wiki page if you would like to translate it. :)
jesuisdvd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jesuisdvd »

There's any way to have all planes without expire?
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

jesuisdvd wrote:There's any way to have all planes without expire?
Yes, in OTTD Advanced Settings: http://wiki.openttd.org/Advanced_Settin ... ver_expire
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
jesuisdvd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jesuisdvd »

Supercheese wrote:
jesuisdvd wrote:There's any way to have all planes without expire?
Yes, in OTTD Advanced Settings: http://wiki.openttd.org/Advanced_Settin ... ver_expire
wojteks86
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by wojteks86 »

Polish translation:
av8-pol.txt
(5.74 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
Regards,
Wojtek
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Version 2.2 is released on bananas. As I explained on my blog, this grf is now "finished" as far as I'm concerned. There will be no more content added. However, I will continue to fix any bugs or update translations.

Changelist:
  • In-game name of GRF reverted to "av8 Aviators Aircraft Set".
  • Added Skylift 80 and Econoliner AX-3.
    • Delayed introduction date of the Skylift 150 by 10 years.
    • ATR-72, de Havilland Dash 8, Boeing 737, Airbus A320 and Airbus A340 now expire.
  • Added new sprites for remaining disaster aircraft (Skyranger, large UFO and small UFO).
  • Added early retirement of aircraft from buy list (-12 years), to declutter list and prevent purchasing aircraft with poor reliability.
    • Increased model life of Zeppelin, Goliath, HPW, F.VIIa, HP42 and Westland Whirlwind by 10 years, and Airship, S-61 and Short Calcutta by 5 years.
    • Fixed model life for DC-10 (was 20 years too short).
  • Added text translations (Russian, German, Dutch, Slovak) provided by community members.
  • Removed check for other GRFs (hang-over from the days of limited vehicle IDs in TTDPatch) and the related parameter.
  • Extended airport modification parameter to change introduction dates too (Helidepot from the beginning (for airships), Commuter Airport from 1963).
    • Check and avoid conflict between airport modification parameter and OpenGFX+ airports grf.
  • Fixed wrong capacity for default cargo for Skylift and Skycrane.
  • Fixed helicopter rotor sprites in the buy menu.
  • Remove seaplanes from buylist if Seaplane Preview parameter is not on (to avoid confusing AIs).
wojteks86, I'm pretty sure that some characters in your text file are mangled in any program I open it with. I also don't want to be hunting back through this thread for contributions, and wondering whether any given attachment is the latest version. For these reasons, if you want your translation included, you need to put it on the wiki page.
wojteks86
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Aviators Aircraft Set (av8) v2.2 25/02/2013

Post by wojteks86 »

Yes, the file was not saved in UTF-8 by mistake.
I have updated the wiki, but somehow I cannot make the text nicely lined in tables as the other translations.
I didn't have a problem with it before. Can you fix that?
Sorry for trouble!
Regards,
Wojtek
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Got it, thanks. :)
Swoop
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Swoop »

Firstly, let me say......I smegging love this GRF. It's awesome and I've been using it since v1.7.

However.....I hate, loathe and despise this new range feature. On a large scale map, for example UK3.0 (British Isles, 2048 x 2048) the idea that a Lockheed Constellation doesn't have the range to fly from Manchester to London is absolutely ludicrous. Additionally, I feel mildly insulted by the "You’ll all just have to get used to it." comment. How dare you tell me how you want me to play the game? It's my game, I'll play it how I want to.....which unfortunately means without AV8.

That is unless anyone can tell me how to remove the range setting and repack the GRF.....
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Unlike most NewGRFs (or so it seems), this one is not open-source, so you can't just send modified versions around. You'd need an override GRF similar to this one.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Swoop wrote:Firstly, let me say......I smegging love this GRF. It's awesome and I've been using it since v1.7.

However.....I hate, loathe and despise this new range feature. On a large scale map, for example UK3.0 (British Isles, 2048 x 2048) the idea that a Lockheed Constellation doesn't have the range to fly from Manchester to London is absolutely ludicrous. Additionally, I feel mildly insulted by the "You’ll all just have to get used to it." comment. How dare you tell me how you want me to play the game? It's my game, I'll play it how I want to.....which unfortunately means without AV8.

That is unless anyone can tell me how to remove the range setting and repack the GRF.....
Equally Pikka isn't charging anything so you'll just have to get used to his way of doing this, for instance, how dare YOU tell him how to do it?
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Swoop wrote:Additionally, I feel mildly insulted by the "You’ll all just have to get used to it." comment. How dare you tell me how you want me to play the game?
That's pretty much what game (or newGRF) design is all about, isn't it? :) If you really don't like it, you could use an older version of the GRF, or modify the grf for your own use.

After decompiling the grf with grfcodec, this can probably be achieved with two steps;

1, add to the end of the nfo:

1 * 1 00 03 01 60 00 1F

\w0 \w0 \w0 \w0 \w0 \w0 \w0 \w0 \w0 \w0 \w0 \w0 \w0 \w0 \w0 \w0

2, search the nfo for "1f 1f", and replace the two bytes before each "1f 1f" with "00 80"

Return to “Graphics Development”