Finnish Train Set

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

juzza1
Engineer
Engineer

Finnish Train Set

Post by juzza1 »

Finnish Trainset

Initial public release of Finnish Trainset is now available for downloading via Bananas. The set is far from done, but even in it's current state there are a lot of Finnish trains, coaches and wagons to play with from 1920s to the modern day. The set will be fully compatible with FIRS, ECS, and possibly other industry newgrfs.

Bugs should be reported in the Finnish Trainset topic here http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... &start=500 or in the Finnish Trainset devzone here http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/finnishtrainset/.

Finnish Trainset 0.5.8 29/9/2013 (uploaded to BaNaNaS 10/12/2013)
- Changelog

Finnish Trainset 0.5.4 16/6/2013
- All known major bugs fixed, trains added etc. check full changelog here.

Finnish Trainset 0.5.3 16/5/2013
- Dr13 vertical and horizontal views shortened
- Gbln-t available as a refittable variant of Gbln after year 1999
- Vehicles in depot are now correctly aligned
- Wagon base cost changed, cost factors adjusted
- Hain loading stages fixed

Finnish Trainset 0.5.2 15/5/2013
- Initial release
Attachments
fts_058_trains.png
Trains included in 0.5.8
(63.76 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
fts_058_wagons.png
Wagons included in 0.5.8. Depending on your industry settings, you will get more or less wagons.
(63.11 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Last edited by juzza1 on 10 Dec 2013 22:09, edited 10 times in total.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Finnish Train Set

Post by Purno »

Got a screenshot? Depot-list for example? :))
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

Here you go.
Attachments
All FTS engines
All FTS engines
engines.png (18.81 KiB) Viewed 23700 times
All FTS wagons
All FTS wagons
wagons.png (17.54 KiB) Viewed 2786 times
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

That looks promising :!: :!: :!: But I'm gonna wait until it's really ready... Great work so far :bow:
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

rbos86 wrote:That looks promising :!: :!: :!: But I'm gonna wait until it's really ready... Great work so far :bow:
I'd say try it now, you'll get the big picture. The wait for version 1.0 is long, since there is much freight wagon stock to be drawn... And early stuff too.
zooks
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by zooks »

Looking really great! Will definitely use this in my next game!
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Looks just fine :D . Thanks for this set of graphics :)) . I will try in one of the games.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Dave

Post by Dave »

Superb work. Kudos all round.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Impressive effort. Shows what can be done when you just get on a do stuff. Need to get AndersI to finish the Swedish set and then I might play a Scandinavian game complete with the confusion of different gauges... Hmm...
Nappe1
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Nappe1 »

Excelent, We will be using this in next Online game.

Huge thanks to everyone involved. :!:
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

Did someone forget to apply proper template or proper code for Sr2?
Sylf Transport, 20th Jun 2009.png
Sr2 wrong alignment
(204.42 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Attachments
Sylf Transport, 26th Jul 2009.sav
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 462 times
juzza1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by juzza1 »

Oh, that still wasn't fixed in the release. I really need to stop being lazy and make a new release for this week.
juzza1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by juzza1 »

New release: 0.5.4. Includes a lot of bugfixes and features, see the first post for details.
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

New release: 0.5.8. (actually, there was 0.5.5, 0.5.6 and 0.5.7 releases, but none of them managed to get on BaNaNaS, and 0.5.8 didn't get there yet too)
BaNaNaS uploading with musa tool has some issues, so 0.5.8 will be first available for manual downloading and install here: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/finnisht ... .8.tar.zip

Lots of new stuff and bug-fixes, full changelog here: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/finnisht ... ngelog.txt
0.5.8 will get on BaNaNaS when the musa-issue is fixed, that will take a while.
juzza1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by juzza1 »

Musa is now fixed, for those of you who don't have the newest version yet, you can download it from the in-game online content manager or directly from BaNaNaS.
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

I have a question and two suggestions.

My question : I just tried the FRISS (finnish infrastructure) set together with the 0.5.8 Finnish Train Set, and I noticed that there are narrow gauge semaphores and signals (in the settings). Does that mean the Finnish Set will include narrow gauge trains as well, or is the FRISSet designed to work with other train sets ?

My two suggestions :
1 - Could it be possible to switch off the locomotives ambient noises, via a parameter for example ? They are really well done, but a bit annoying sometimes.
2 - Could it be possible to group some of the passenger and mail coaches together ? For example all the intercity coaches under one ID, and then all the varieties available by refit. The buying list would be less crowded, and it would help to make consistent trains: instead of selecting carefully the coaches you need (and making mistakes, just buy one type of coach (intercity coach for example), and then refit to your needs (intercity 2nd class, intercity saloon, and so on).

This train set is really promising, really well drawn, I really like it. I wish you good luck!
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

arikover wrote:I have a question and two suggestions.

My question : I just tried the FRISS (finnish infrastructure) set together with the 0.5.8 Finnish Train Set, and I noticed that there are narrow gauge semaphores and signals (in the settings). Does that mean the Finnish Set will include narrow gauge trains as well, or is the FRISSet designed to work with other train sets ?

My two suggestions :
1 - Could it be possible to switch off the locomotives ambient noises, via a parameter for example ? They are really well done, but a bit annoying sometimes.
2 - Could it be possible to group some of the passenger and mail coaches together ? For example all the intercity coaches under one ID, and then all the varieties available by refit. The buying list would be less crowded, and it would help to make consistent trains: instead of selecting carefully the coaches you need (and making mistakes, just buy one type of coach (intercity coach for example), and then refit to your needs (intercity 2nd class, intercity saloon, and so on).

This train set is really promising, really well drawn, I really like it. I wish you good luck!
Narrow gauge will be eventually in another Finnish set. FRISS should eventually work with other narrow gauge trainsets.

And your suggestions:
1) There should be already a switch inside OpenTTD's settings where you can disable all vehicle sounds. Later we'll add a switch to disable them on NewGRF settings window.
2) Wagon/coach types will be kept separate, so one can easily read types and desprictions regardless of coaches/wagons on consist view. If those coaches/wagons would be combined and available via refitting, one wouldn't find those easily when wanted, in addition of not finding certain wagon type and desprictions on the consist view, which helps on certain occasions. Rolling stock is grouped on buying window by default for certain types.
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Well thank you for your answers!

I had not noticed the number of liveries available for nearly each engine, it is truly a huge set.
Lionic
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Lionic »

Hello, there is a small bug in the set. Life of 2-10-0 Truman is 213 (!) years.
juzza1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by juzza1 »

Lionic wrote:Hello, there is a small bug in the set. Life of 2-10-0 Truman is 213 (!) years.
This, and possibly some other property errors, will be fixed in a future release, where the stats are pulled straight from the tracking table.

Return to “Graphics Releases”