BATS v0.7 (released 9/10/17)

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Bob_Mackenzie
Chairman
Chairman

BATS v0.7 (released 9/10/17)

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

Bob and Ameecher's Tram Set

---- or ----

British Advanced Tram Set

as you prefer :)

British Tram Set starting 1860, including light industrial rail coded as trams.

Graphics by Ameecher, and myself. There are also contributions from Born Acorn and AndrewA

V0.7 released. This version should have faster loading times.

Thanks to Colossal 404 for his help with GRFmaker

BATSv0.7w.GRF
(356.75 KiB) Downloaded 349 times

Now available on Bananas

Have fun!

Bob
Last edited by Bob_Mackenzie on 11 Oct 2017 06:37, edited 12 times in total.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: BATS v0.1

Post by Leanden »

Will we be seeing any real world liveries?
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

They look very good. But a few things: Please don't include the GRF version in the file name, that means updates will not automatically replace the old version - I made that mistake myself once. Purchase and running costs aren't varied enough, especially modern trams are very cheap to buy and run compared to their capacity. Finally, many trams are underpowered, especially the Blackpool ones (or maybe you've just made them too heavy).
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Bob_Mackenzie
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

I may have made them too heavy but they are correctly powered. Does anyone have any real world data on the Blackpool trams? I confess i guessed. The 90's trams are accurate
Chris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Chris »

Ooooh, this looks very good, will be using it a lot in my games (no more UKTS for me :) ).
Screenshots

Formerly Class 165
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Glad these sprites have found a home :)
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

Typo ?

Jubillee should perhaps be Jubilee (one L)?
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

Looks great I'll be sure to try these out in my next game 8)
Bob_Mackenzie
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

3iff wrote:Typo ?

Jubillee should perhaps be Jubilee (one L)?
Oops :oops:
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

I plugged "blackpool balloon tram weight" into Google and found this, seems you've given the Blackpools almost double the weight and half the HP they really have.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Bob_Mackenzie
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

oberhümer wrote:I plugged "blackpool balloon tram weight" into Google and found this, seems you've given the Blackpools almost double the weight and half the HP they really have.
Well your googling is better than mine :)

It will be altered in v0.2

Unfortunately using the same formula for the other Blackpool trams didn't produce any results :(
dasy2k1
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dasy2k1 »

Anyone fancy doing a first gen English tram thats not from Blackpool? something like an E1 (number 1622 pictured here)
http://www.tramway.co.uk/our-collections/34/tram-fleet

and I do think that the livery of the Blackpool standard looks more like a Sheffield car (compare 264) (assume the graphics are the same as the UK tram set?)
If you do go for real colors try doing it in green like 49

Then again if you wanted another blackpool tram something unique like 166 or 59 would be cool
Bob_Mackenzie
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

Anyone fancy doing a first gen English tram thats not from Blackpool? something like an E1 (number 1622 pictured here)
It wouldn't be too tricky to draw but one front view isn't enough. Some stats would be nice too
dasy2k1
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dasy2k1 »

will get a freind at crich to get some then! (I would myself but i dont volenteer there anymore due to the politicking)

also are the tunnel cars and winter saloons supposed to reflect any real life vehicles?
they seem to have a very long shelf life (100 years) and carry a huge capacity for the age (albiet with painfully slow loading times)
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

I lost the links, but apparently Standard cars weigh 18 tons and Coronation cars are "much heavier" than Balloon ones. I'd guess the Jubilees are about the same as the Coronations, or slightly lighter. Nothing on the Brush and Twin ones.

Bob_Mackenzie
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

dasy2k1 wrote:will get a freind at crich to get some then! (I would myself but i dont volenteer there anymore due to the politicking)

also are the tunnel cars and winter saloons supposed to reflect any real life vehicles?
they seem to have a very long shelf life (100 years) and carry a huge capacity for the age (albiet with painfully slow loading times)
Actually I found loads of pics but no stats: http://www.londontramways.net/search/tr ... 1&swhere=1

Winter & Tunnel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manx_Elect ... ling_Stock

@ Oberhumer - Thanks :)
dasy2k1
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dasy2k1 »

Ahh so thats where they are from. Prahaps they should have MER or IOM in the name...

And now I have played long enough for the brush car to be introduced it also has a very slow loading speed... practically makes it useless on yacd games where i cant shift the passebgera fast enough dispite there being a queue of trams wait for the stop

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

I've not yet had the chance to have a look at the set thoroughly ingame. But the screenshot looks quite tasty :-) I'll make sure to give it a shot in the next game :-)
Bob_Mackenzie
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

dasy2k1 wrote:Ahh so thats where they are from. Prahaps they should have MER or IOM in the name...

And now I have played long enough for the brush car to be introduced it also has a very slow loading speed... practically makes it useless on yacd games where i cant shift the passebgera fast enough dispite there being a queue of trams wait for the stop

I haven't fiddled with the loading times - they are just default

I'm not sure you can fiddle with RV loading times?

Cheers

Bob
dasy2k1
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dasy2k1 »

Im sure you must be able to, the tatra t2 double units from the cs tram set loads much faster than you winter cars yet has approximately the same number of pax capacity (100)

Return to “Graphics Releases”