[UNIV] Wallyweb's Graphics Releases

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

[UNIV] Wallyweb's Graphics Releases

Post by wallyweb »

This is where you can get your grubby little hands on my stuff. :lol:

As much as possible, I will try to make everything available for both TTDPatch and OpenTTD.

Let me know how you used them. A nice png image really dresses up these forums and makes them a cool place to hang out.

My graphics (sprites) are covered by copyright and are licensed for distribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

The .nfo code upon which my .grf files are compiled is derived from the specifications set out at http://www.ttdpatch.net and is a functional part of TTDPatch, Copyright © 1999-2003 by Josef Drexler. TTDPatch is distributed under the terms of the GNU general public license (GPL).

The files included with my distributions have been tested and are known to work properly under the nightly distributions of TTDPatch r2347 and OpenTTD r20757 and later. Any bugs or questions should be reported in the Wallyweb Graphics Studio. No claim or promise is made as to the timing of a resolution.

The packages (zip files) offered for your downloading pleasure all include:
- The grf file
- An nfo file (The source code)
- A license
- And occasionally a readme file for when parameter settings and/or usage instructions (beyond the normal TTDPatch or OpenTTD installation methods) are required.

And now my first offering:
Last edited by wallyweb on 08 Mar 2015 15:32, edited 3 times in total.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

[TTDX] Wallyweb's Objects

Post by wallyweb »

(See also here)

A while ago, Michael Blunck provided us with some rivers. Unfortunately, for lack of navigational aids, my ships kept running aground. Here I provide you with my solution ... a small lighthouse suitable for use along rivers and typical of those found along the banks of the lower reaches of the St. John river in New Brunswick:
small lighthouses
small lighthouses
newobjectville_3.png (68.67 KiB) Viewed 22907 times
My first introduction to microwaves was when a microwave communications tower was erected atop a mountain near my childhood home. The antenna were microwave horns. Here is one such tower for your games:
microwave horn tower
microwave horn tower
newobjectville_4.png (57.06 KiB) Viewed 22907 times
UPDATE: The files have been updated to include licenses, source codes and to work with the latest nightlies (See first post).
Attachments
wallywebs_objects.zip
Contains Windows and DOS zips
(11.13 KiB) Downloaded 941 times
Last edited by wallyweb on 21 Sep 2010 13:51, edited 3 times in total.
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [UNIV] Wallyweb's Graphics Releases

Post by Kogut »

It may be interesting to include lighthouse from open graphics for openttd.
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Kogut wrote:It may be interesting to include lighthouse from open graphics for openttd.
Yep ... My intention just as soon as newobjects support is added to OpenTTD. :)
Meanwhile, the TTDX lighthouse and communications tower are here. :D
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Great work Wally! Looking forward to see even more... :))
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Wallyweb's Objects - Replaced the download file with a zip file containing both Windows and DOS versions. The DOS version needs testing.
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

Why does someone needs both versions, you should add seperate download, then you will also see that nobody is using DOS version anymore. ;-)
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Ammler wrote:you should add seperate download
I tried, but these forums only allow three attachments per post :P , so with two images, and two downloads, I had to combine them. Next time, I'll combine the images instead. 8)
then you will also see that nobody is using DOS version anymore. ;-)
Hmmm .... doesn't Roboboy still use DOS? I think that there are still a few DOS users and I need all the friends I can get. :mrgreen:
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Hmmm .... doesn't Roboboy still use DOS? I think that there are still a few DOS users and I need all the friends I can get. :mrgreen:

:mrgreen:

We all do! And on top of that we need to advertise everything... :wink:
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

wallyweb wrote:Hmmm .... doesn't Roboboy still use DOS? I think that there are still a few DOS users and I need all the friends I can get. :mrgreen:
Yes Roboboy seems to be interested in playing stuff under DOS.
Actually, he has been messing around with my unofficial DOS port (it doesn't require the DOS graphics though). It is far from perfect. For example long filenames cause a lot of trouble when saving stuff, although if I remember correctly using doslfn or something like that would give OpenTTD support for long file names. Also only specific graphic cards seem to work, so it might not work natively although it works in DOSBox. Furthermore the networking as well as loading fonts are completely non-existent. In other words: it's not much more than a proof of concept.
Attachments
openttd-dos.png
openttd-dos.png (76.25 KiB) Viewed 22634 times
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

Well, I was just provoking about DOS, but it would indeed make sense to have different download packs just for interests. :-)

Edit: also as you see, even the DOSBox edition doesn't use DOS graphics. (OpenGFX doesn't have DOS edition)
Edit2: don't get me wrong, I would even prefer DOS grfs, as they use the nicer palette, but the fact that nobody is using it, makes it quite hard to switch...
Last edited by Ammler on 21 Jun 2010 22:46, edited 2 times in total.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Ammler wrote:Well, I was just provoking about DOS, but it would indeed make sense to have different download packs just for interests. :-)
OK everybody! We're getting a bit off topic from my topic ...
but, while we're at it ... why waste a good opportunity ...
HEY ORUDGE! WE ALL WANTS MORE ATTACHMENTS PER POST!
There! Now let's all get back on topic. :roll:
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

wallyweb wrote: HEY ORUDGE! WE ALL WANTS MORE ATTACHMENTS PER POST!
There! Now let's all get back on topic. :roll:
Actually, you got OT :-P - try to request that here:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewforum.php?f=21
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Ammler wrote:Actually, you got OT :-P - try to request that here:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewforum.php?f=21
or more specifically here! :wink:
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Rubidium wrote:Actually, he has been messing around with my unofficial DOS port (it doesn't require the DOS graphics though). It is far from perfect. For example long filenames cause a lot of trouble when saving stuff, although if I remember correctly using doslfn or something like that would give OpenTTD support for long file names. Also only specific graphic cards seem to work, so it might not work natively although it works in DOSBox. Furthermore the networking as well as loading fonts are completely non-existent. In other words: it's not much more than a proof of concept.
My even older DOS port does feature networking, but no font support since I don't think OpenTTD itself supported it at the time. Long filenames were fine with an LFN driver. Graphics were rather temperamental unless you used an older graphics card that Allegro supported properly, and the same with sound.

As for attachments, wallyweb, I'll reply in the other topic.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

wallyweb wrote:
Ammler wrote:you should add seperate download
I tried, but these forums only allow three attachments per post :P , so with two images, and two downloads, I had to combine them. Next time, I'll combine the images instead. 8)
then you will also see that nobody is using DOS version anymore. ;-)
I haven't actively used the DOS version for quite a few years since our Win 98 HDD failed and since DOS TTDP fails to sart both under DOSBOX and MS DOS on real hardware but I am hopping / trying to get it fixed as I now have a machine with DOS on it. I will hapily test for you once that is fixed.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

robotboy wrote:... since DOS TTDP fails to sart both under DOSBOX and MS DOS on real hardware but I am hopping / trying to get it fixed as I now have a machine with DOS on it. I will hapily test for you once that is fixed.
I saw the post in that other thread. We shall put out an APB for DaleStan. 8)
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Updates have been posted. See the first post and see here.
slaca
Engineer
Engineer

Post by slaca »

hi, great stuff

Some remarks:

In openttd i can't build lighthouse next to the water like in your second post, except i plant a tree first :) (maybe openttd's 'bug')
Small lighthouses have not shadow (when pressing 'X' button), but the towers have.

Keep up the good work
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Looks quite nice :-)

But I'm somewhat unable to build any tower or light house. Do any restrictions apply like introduction or expire dates or climate restrictions? I tried arctic in the year 2000 which didn't seem too uncommon to me and both objects were grayed-out. And before I now start to try each climate and date I thought I ask better :-)

Cheers,
pm

Return to “Graphics Releases”