Canadian/North American Graphics v1.0 Archive

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Canadian/North American Graphics v1.0 Archive

Post by FooBar »

You can load multiple bridge sets, but the last one in the NewGRF list will "win".
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

FooBar wrote:You can load multiple bridge sets, but the last one in the NewGRF list will "win".
So in OTTD it is impossible to have Standard Gauge and Narrow Gauge bridges in the same game?
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

wallyweb wrote:So in OTTD it is impossible to have Standard Gauge and Narrow Gauge bridges in the same game?
No. :D Not impossible. A bridge set should deal with RailTypes correctly, then all is fine.

[EDIT] ^^ this is not true. Oops :shock:
Last edited by andythenorth on 30 Oct 2011 12:11, edited 1 time in total.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

There's nothing that a bridge set can do about railtypes. It's up to the track set to provide them.

Furthermore the restrictions in ottd are no different than in ttdp when it comes to loading multiple bridge sets. If both sets replace the same bridge id, the last one will win for road, rail mono and maglev. That's just how the bridge replacement works: all or nothing.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

ISA wrote:
wallyweb wrote:but I believe you can load several bridge sets into one game.
I can? Never even bothered to try that out for my Canadian games :/
FooBar wrote:Furthermore the restrictions in ottd are no different than in ttdp when it comes to loading multiple bridge sets.
My apologies to ISA :oops: . My (wrong) assumption was that OTTD, as with so many others of it's features, supported multiple bridge sets.
FooBar wrote:There's nothing that a bridge set can do about railtypes. It's up to the track set to provide them.
Thank you FooBar :D . So now my question on behalf of those using the Canadian Train Set (CanSet) with OTTD, is there a railtype track set that simultaneously provides Standard Gauge, Electric Standard Gauge and Narrow Gauge as required by CanSet? If so, where is this documented?
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

wallyweb wrote:is there a railtype track set that simultaneously provides Standard Gauge, Electric Standard Gauge and Narrow Gauge as required by CanSet?
There will be.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

oberhümer wrote:There will be.
:D
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

By the way, it already works to use NuTracks with the Canadian set if you load the latter first.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nite Owl »

Would it be possible to get permission to use the North American Road Sprites for the project that Foobar has going HERE? I most likely do not have the expertise to organize the sprites as Foobar wants them to be organized but I can at least ask if the sprites could be used and then take it from there.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet
------------------------------------------------------------
Brevity is the soul of wit and obscenity is its downfall
--------------------------------------------------------
Good Night And Good Luck - Read You Soon
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Nite Owl wrote:Would it be possible to get permission to use the North American Road Sprites...
The copyright is posted here.
I would suggest trying to PM lifeblood and/or Oz. If OzTrans is still available you might try him as well.
Another option is to do a forum search: Keyword road; Author lifeblood and Author Oz. I believe they did the bulk of the graphics and they may have posted releases for their sprites.
Also, the set is posted under the Download link on the American Transition website managed by krtaylor. He may have some suggestions.
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nite Owl »

I will give it some time and see if anyone pops up here with a definitive answer. If not then I will decide on the possibility of a PM campaign.

I had read the copyright notice which is what lead me to ask for the permission to use the sprites in the first place.

As to having them GPL'd in Foobar's Dutch Road Furniture project that might lead to a problem. I know the sprites for the North American projects tend to be held rather tightly. Not a bad thing mind you. It is, and should always be, the author's choice of how to have their work used by others. As always time will tell the tale.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Of course only the sprites that actually end up in the set need to be gpl'ed.
And if you can't get permission, one could consider to draw sprites matching the US roads from scratch. More work, but it would avoid any license issues.

Good luck getting it figured out. Just ask me if you need more info on the actual required sprites.
CrossSide
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CrossSide »

Maybe a stupid question, but I can't change the parameters of the NA road set. I want them to be dirt/brick tracks all the time, but the parameters are not showing. Hope you can help me!
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

CrossSide wrote:Maybe a stupid question, but I can't change the parameters of the NA road set. I want them to be dirt/brick tracks all the time, but the parameters are not showing. Hope you can help me!
You need to set them manually and numerically as this NewGRF hasn't been updated since the introduction of the features required to support the parameter GUI in a nice way: Activate the NewGRF, click 'set parameters' and add the appropriate amount of parameters and set them to the desired value(s). Look at the readme (search the web or this thread) for the meaning of the values of the single parameters.
Attachments
setparameters.png
setparameters.png (141.53 KiB) Viewed 3651 times
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Hello! Out of the interest... Is there any particular reason that Canada Station Set in grfcrawler heads to Simuscape page? I just wanted to look into the readme.pdf file what once were available in this thread but is removed since Oztrans have left! As I understand all the work is removed by Oz, I wonder why?
Anyway if there's anyone who have the .pdf please PM it to me? Or if that's not possible then send/copy the parameters via PM!

EDIT:
As I understand all the work is removed by Oz, I wonder why?
Ignore that part, got the answer by search!
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nite Owl »

The Canadian Station Set was recently bumped up to v1.1 over at the Simuscape site. It is a painless process to sign up there and browse to the download. I have already done this so I am not sure if we have the same version of the Canadian Station Set or not. It has been a while since I looked through the parameter settings so I am unsure if there have been any changes between v1.0 and v1.1. I can confirm (because I just double checked on it) that v1.1 does use the latest version of OpenTTD's parameter settings with the explanation of what each parameter does neatly displayed. PM me if you still need a direction that I can help with.
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

You could find some files on our grfpack, e.g. https://hg.openttdcoop.org/grfpack/file ... ons/canset, direct grf download not possible, but pdf should be..
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Nite Owl wrote:The Canadian Station Set was recently bumped up to v1.1 over at the Simuscape site. It is a painless process to sign up there and browse to the download.
I think your definition of a painless process and my definition differ somewhat.

Return to “Graphics Releases”