[UNIV] Spain set & High speed tracks

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

[UNIV] Spain set & High speed tracks

Post by maquinista »

Note: Railtypes wont be implemented in Spain set for the moment. But I can try to make special releases.

This is the Spain set taster. I will link here all updates and releases here. It supports ECS and FIRS cargoes.

The latest taster of Spain set is here:
OpenTTD: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=919032#p919032
TTDPatch: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=919585#p919585

The high speed tracks file can be downloaded here:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=800001#p800001

The 32 bpp pack with trains is here (It includes the GRF file):
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=876570#p876570

This is a modified version of Total Bridge Renewal Set with high speed tracks and narrow gauge tracks (remember that this is not the official file!):
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=727370#p727370

Some narrow gauge trains from Spain (FEVE) that would work on OpenTTD with Spain set if multiple GRF loading is enabled. It needs more work:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=733974#p733974

A single tram drawn by Sanchimaru:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=919585#p919585

Available 32 bpp extra zoom levels:
  • Class 440 EMU (including class 470 EMU)
  • Class 594 DMU
  • Class 450 EMU
  • Class 260 locomotive
  • Class 281 locomotive
  • Class 333 locomotive
  • Short flat car (not all cargos)
  • Livestock wagon (small)
  • Closed wagon (goods)
  • Small hooper
  • Some passenger wagons.
Available trains (unfinished):
  • 1xx Steam, Talgo trains & High speed trains
    • Talgo I: This train was experimental.
    • Talgo II: It's a fast long distance train.
    • Talgo III: It's a fast long distance train.
    • 100 EMU (TGV Atlantique): It's the first high speed train available, and is very fast (300 kph).
    • 102 EMU "duck" (Talgo-350): It can tilt in sharp corners (but don't build sharp corners in high speed lines). Its front is like a duck. (330 kph).
    • 103 EMU (Velaro): It's the faster high speed train (350 kph).
    • 104 EMU "little worm": Useful for short distances at high speed.
  • 2xx Electric locomotives
    • 252: It's the faster electric locomotive. It's based on Eurosprinter model.
    • 269: It's a good electric locomotive.
  • 3xx Diesel locomotives
  • 4xx EMUs
    • 440 EMU: This train was (and is) widely used in Spain. Good for commuters or regional trains.
    • 443 EMU "little banana" (pendolino): This train is good for long distance. It tilts on curves.
    • 447 EMU: This train is used in commuter services.
    • 449 EMU: This train is good for regional services.
    • 450 EMU "ship" (Z-20500): This train uses long distance cars, and It has two decks. Good for commuter services.
  • 5xx DMUs
    • 592 EMU
    • 594 EMU: It's a IC3 train, but It only has two wagons. Tilts on curves
    • 598 EMU
  • Wagons
    • Regional passengers car: It has speed limits, useful in early stages. Also, most of EMUs are built with this wagon.
    • Long distance passengers car: Heavier and more expensive, but It doesn't have speed limits and allows more passengers.
    • Mail coach: Allows mail but It can be refitted to armoured cargos.
    • Small hopper (2CC): It allows all bulk cargoes (grain, minerals...), fruit and goods (wine).
    • Small boxcar: Goods.
    • Short tanker
    • Short flatcar: Allows lots of cargos. But It's better for steel and wood.

//----------------
Old 0.28 release file
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jdjivmmemzk
Closed wagon narrow gauge:
http://www.listadotren.es/asociaciones/ ... 2&from=ser
Something unknown:
http://www.listadotren.es/asociaciones/ ... 4&from=ser
Small hopper:
http://www.listadotren.es/asociaciones/ ... 5&from=ser
Last edited by maquinista on 17 Dec 2010 20:24, edited 26 times in total.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [UNIV] Spain set & High speed tracks

Post by maquinista »

This is the latest release of Spain set taster:

Changelog:

Code: Select all

Merge the 440 EMU and 470 EMU (They were the same train with different seats or paint). The livery can be selected in refit window.
Add three new liveries in the 440 train.
Add a new livery in class 594 train.
Add the 449 EMU, It is like the 598 DMU. It replaces the old ID of 470 EMU.
Fix the livery selection by year. Now, the wagons use the year of the locomotive.
The livery of 440 has four options: regional, commuter, regional refurbished and commuter refurbished. These options are always the same, but they can provide different liveries depending on the year or a random value.
In the screenshot there are these trains: The short trains are the 594 DMU. These trains are like the IC3 trains. Some of these trains are being refurbished, removing the rubber front and replacing It with a new front.
  • The first train is the livery used after 2005, not refurbished.
  • The second train is the livery used after 2005 in a refurbished train.
  • The third train is the livery used before 2005, there aren't trains refurbished with this livery.
The last train is the 449 EMU. I could use a introduction year of 2009, but I have implemented the 25 kv-50hz version, and I suppose that these trains could be used in 2012 or latter.

Work to do in future releases:

Code: Select all

Fix some texts.
Add correct prices
Add pantographs in 449 EMU.
Add more liveries in 592 EMU (this only could be done in the 1.29 release because It would change the number of sprites).
Better sprites...
Attachments
spainset_taster_1.28.zip
1.28 release. Works on OpenTTD and TTD Patch.
(902.27 KiB) Downloaded 898 times
Screenshot with latest changes.
Screenshot with latest changes.
440_594_449.png (11.74 KiB) Viewed 34990 times
Last edited by maquinista on 19 Jan 2010 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

wowww... :P (drooling)

can you put this on bananas?
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
peter2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by peter2 »

just downloaded everything yesterday great stuff, i love the 32 bpp extra zoom level version
keep up with amazing work :bow:
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Thanks. I will try to add more trains.

About Bananas: I will look it. It could be interesting, but maybe It could be a good idea to wait when the set was more "finished", because I want modify some trains. For example, I want implement the different Talgo trains with the cargo subtype switch (refit button), It's better than adding a mail wagon.
Attachments
Some stations, WIP.
Some stations, WIP.
estaciones.png (5.07 KiB) Viewed 32604 times
Last edited by maquinista on 15 Apr 2010 19:08, edited 1 time in total.
mxhotel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mxhotel »

Hello,

I have being played OTTD for a few years now and thinks its one of the best "time-killer" but i really havent found out how to
install new graphics like this one "high speed"..

Any one who can tell how to do.

Im running ottd 0.74 patch and can get new stuff from a server inside the game.

Thanks in advance from NorWay :-)
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

mxhotel wrote:but i really havent found out how to
install new graphics like this one "high speed"...
Download the .grf and install it by putting it into your /OpenTTD/data directory, then go to NewGRF Settings in the main menu, click "Add", and find the GRF. Then, click on it, click on "Apply changes", and start a new game.

Brought to you by: http://wiki.openttd.org/NewGRF#Installing_NewGRFs
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Shamray wrote:Sorry why IC3 trains were refurbished in a way of removing rubber front? do you like new more?
Maybe It should lower the drag coefficient (most of these trains runs uncoupled). I don't know the reason.

The refurbished trains looks like a TV instead of a Zodiac.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

jafflen wrote:look like tv)) Try to remake them :mrgreen:
Not, the real life train It's a bit like a TV screen. That is the reason for the nickname.

The trains were modified to reduce the drag coecifient, because most of times, they are used alone, not coupled.

There are lots of nicknames based on the train shape. For example, there was a train which looks like a washing machine or a digital watch. It was the original 448 trains:
http://listadotren.es/motor/phototrain. ... 2&from=ser
Another nickname is "camel". Nobody knows the reason: :lol: :lol:
http://listadotren.es/motor/phototrain. ... 8&from=ser
Attachments
Original train with rubber piece. CC-BY license. 22-2-2011. Valladolid Campo Grande Station, Spain.
Original train with rubber piece. CC-BY license. 22-2-2011. Valladolid Campo Grande Station, Spain.
594DMU_rubber_piece.jpg (83.82 KiB) Viewed 27783 times
Modified front. CC-BY license. 08-4-2011. Photo taken near Valladolid Campo Grande Station (Parque de las Norias), Spain.
Modified front. CC-BY license. 08-4-2011. Photo taken near Valladolid Campo Grande Station (Parque de las Norias), Spain.
594DMU_modified.jpg (124.99 KiB) Viewed 27783 times
Latest colour scheme applied on 594 DMU trains. The orange line around the windows disappears. CC-BY license. 22-2-2011. Valladolid Campo Grande Station, Spain.
Latest colour scheme applied on 594 DMU trains. The orange line around the windows disappears. CC-BY license. 22-2-2011. Valladolid Campo Grande Station, Spain.
594_DMU_new_colors.jpg (57.68 KiB) Viewed 27783 times
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Wow, it's been so long since I came here last time!

I'm sorry for my absence, but I am very glad to see everything still running!

I wanted to drop by and say that you may use any of my sprites in anyway needed to work on this or in any other set being developed in these forums :D

Congratulations on the new release, and keep it up!
SkiddLow
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SkiddLow »

The Spain Set & HS Tracks is no longer Update....

You can Cloned the Re-branding : Spanish Renewal Train Set (SRTS)
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

SkiddLow wrote:The Spain Set & HS Tracks is no longer Update....

I'm not updating because I don't know what to do.

I don't know if I should implement railtypes or not. Railtypes is interesting but I don't know how to implement variable axle gauge trains or trains with two voltages (3kv & 1.5 kv)...
I don't know if I should keep the 32 bpp support (I have some sprites).
I don't know how many people uses it under TTDPatch...

Also, I am not very good drawing sprites.

At this moment I'm more active on Locomotion, but maybe I could return soon. I hope it. :D

This is my latest GRF file, It's a preview:
Attachments
spainsetw.rar
GRF File.
(548.16 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

maquinista wrote:
SkiddLow wrote:The Spain Set & HS Tracks is no longer Update....

I don't know if I should implement railtypes or not. Railtypes is interesting but I don't know how to implement variable axle gauge trains or trains with two voltages (3kv & 1.5 kv)...
The Dutch Train set does it with voltages for a number of trains. See for example the TGV: graphics.pnml and item.pnml. The downside is that you need to provide a track that represents both voltages/axles/other_property, because in the track parts you define compatibility with other tracks.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

I have been playing OpenTTD with Spainset, ECS and some nice GRFs (lighthouses, VAST stations... and more). I have found some bugs on Spainset (for example "4D 0C"instead of "0C 4D" in a introduction date, or some Action 2 errors in loading stages). Also, I have tried to fix the cargos carried by wagons, because there are lots of them in ECS.

I have tried to fix them. It could be more bugs, but... I hope that there are less of them.
Attachments
spainsetw.rar
Update.
(499.74 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

This could be the latest release for the moment.

I'm very tired, there is a bug with the 594 DMU that I can't fix. I have copied the action 2 and 3 from a previous version (without bug) and It just doesn't work. It doesn't load the sprites for the "locomotive" (It loads random sprites), the sprites for rear part works fine.

In this release I have tried to fix other bugs and I have added some missing liveries (New Pendolino (It's included in 104 EMU), 319's liveries and 433 liveries).

Maybe in the future I can try to continue.

EDIT: I have tried to replace the ID (4A) of the vehicle with a not used ID (5A). Now, the train is not in the purchase list, but... It works well in new games. I replaced the ID in action 0, 2, 3 and 4.

I don't where is the problem, this is very weird. :? I suppose that all IDs should work, also, the ID 4A worked well in previous releases...
I will leave this for the moment, I will try to help in the 32 bpp forum. I hope that I can fix it in the future.
Maybe this could be caused because I test the GRF file in started games.
Attachments
spainsetw.rar
Fixed file.
(515.13 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
Last edited by maquinista on 18 Dec 2012 02:16, edited 2 times in total.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Bug fixed (new file is on the previous post).

If You reuse your own code, remember that You can forget to change a small detail (a ID, for example).
This bug was that I had two "Action 3" using the same ID.

The next trains that I could add are:
  • 490 (A Pendolino train for Iberian gauge). It could be done from the sprites of 104/114 EMU.
  • 253 (Bombardier TRAXX)
  • 105 EMU(CAF Oaris)
  • Avril G4
But at this moment I want to fix other new bugs and try to help a bit on 32 bpp forum. Also I want to add some new wagons for Locomotion.
jmc47ott
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by jmc47ott »

I am not sure is this is the right place to report a graphic glitch in the Spain Set. If not and if it has not yet been addressed, please pass it along.

This is a fantastic set, if only as yet a "taster!" Keep up the good work. :bow: :bow:

The glitch appears when the 1-5-1 Santa Fe [steam] engine is in motion, but not in the depot. In motion it appears like a blinking cursor.

Sincerely,
jmc47ott
Attachments
Glitch in Santa Fe GRF.png
(53.89 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to fulfill it;...and only the dead have seen the end of war."
Jorge Agustín Nicolás Ruiz de Santayana
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

Thanks, I didn't know that bug.
I will try to fix it. Also, there are more bugs for sprites.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by maquinista »

jmc47ott wrote:I am not sure is this is the right place to report a graphic glitch in the Spain Set. If not and if it has not yet been addressed, please pass it along.

This is a fantastic set, if only as yet a "taster!" Keep up the good work. :bow: :bow:

The glitch appears when the 1-5-1 Santa Fe [steam] engine is in motion, but not in the depot. In motion it appears like a blinking cursor.

Sincerely,
jmc47ott
Fixed, also I have fixed most of visual errors.
I have played 90 years with ECS. I have tried to fix errors (cargos without useful wagons, incorrect sprites for a certain cargo...). I hope that now Its almost playable. It needs running and purchase costs, but at this moment I feel that at least its playable. There was a curious bug: a steam locomotive didn't have a defined speed, the game used the speed of the replaced vehicle (Floss '47', 160 km/h or 100 mph). The AI didn't doubt which train select, even in 1980 or latter. :lol: I have fixed it, I hope that AI will use more different trains.

The next release will take more time, because at this time I think that the GRF it playable Itself and the next release will need more work. In the next release I will try to add the "two colors" liveries in steam locomotives (this needs time, because I don't want to make a simple recolour of all pixels with a certain grey colour). I will add costs for all vehicles, because this is needed. Finally, I would like to add two locomotives: 253 (Bombardier Traxx F140 DC) and 277 (English electric, I don't know the model) and maybe a 1500v emu.
Attachments
spainsetw_130.rar
Where are your shoes? Look at them. :-p
(516.79 KiB) Downloaded 510 times
paya
Engineer
Engineer

Post by paya »

Hi, I just wanted to ask/make sure I am not doing something wrong but right now I can see Velaros only in the maglev depot, is that how it's meant to be? Because Velaros travel on electrified high-speed rail track IRL, don't they?

Return to “Graphics Releases”