Which AIs are picky?

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Which AIs are picky?

Post by Baldy's Boss »

The Todo-list mentions that AIs are allowed to decline to be randomly selected.
Since I only play against randomly selected AIs,I'd like to know which ones to therefore not bother downloading since they'll never show up in my games!
Brumi
President
President

Re: Which AIs are picky?

Post by Brumi »

While I don't know which AIs do use this feature, I think it is a good guideline that you don't want to play against the ones in the "Other AIs" section of http://wiki.openttd.org/Comparison_of_AIs. Those AIs are not playing the game in the regular way, they have some other specific purpose described in the list. Basically those are the AIs for which this feature exists.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Which AIs are picky?

Post by Zuu »

Yes it is mostly utility AIs like IdleMore and TownCars that opt out from being selected as random AIs. If you like to check this for some specific AI you will have to download it and look at the info.nut file of the AI with your favourite text editor.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”