Help - GS GOAL

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

igorsenvad
Engineer
Engineer

Help - GS GOAL

Post by igorsenvad »

Hi, I'm Brazilian, sorry for my English.
I have server default openttd, was wanting to put a game mode, style "Quick Goal" but I don't know how, I searched for gamescripts but it is complex.
Want a server to play with my friends that who can achieve such value of firm WINS.
How do I do it?
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Help - GS GOAL

Post by Zuu »

Sounds like you would like Busy Bee or Awards.

If your server is visual, you can download it using the online content GUI from the start screen.

If you use a dedicated server, you find information here on how to download using the console:
http://wiki.openttd.org/Dedicated_serve ... ne_content

Then, you have to configure the new game to use the downloaded script. I don't know how you do that in a dedicated server. One way is to do it in your client. Prepare a game, start it and then make a save that you upload to the server. Start a game by loading this save game and it save you from figuring out how to set the game settings from the console. You still need to download the script as I mentioned above.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
igorsenvad
Engineer
Engineer

Post by igorsenvad »

Zuu wrote:Sounds like you would like Busy Bee or Awards.

If your server is visual, you can download it using the online content GUI from the start screen.

If you use a dedicated server, you find information here on how to download using the console:
http://wiki.openttd.org/Dedicated_serve ... ne_content

Then, you have to configure the new game to use the downloaded script. I don't know how you do that in a dedicated server. One way is to do it in your client. Prepare a game, start it and then make a save that you upload to the server. Start a game by loading this save game and it save you from figuring out how to set the game settings from the console. You still need to download the script as I mentioned above.
How to BusyBee or Awards work with those who get 9 million (company value) first win?
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Busy Bee does not do that at all
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

I don't know any game script that can decide who get 9 milion company value first. It is possible to make one. But I don't know of any yet.

If you are okay with a competition on delivering most cargo, you can try NoCarGoal.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”