[Solved] Balanced City Growth not working in existing save

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

JDCollie
Engineer
Engineer

[Solved] Balanced City Growth not working in existing save

Post by JDCollie »

I'm sorry to bother you guys, but I cannot figure out how to make Balanced City Growth work again in an existing save of mine.

What happened was that I transfered a save from one computer to another. I loaded the save allowing the game to update my NewGRFs and such as needed. I then played for quite a bit before noticing that the script didn't seem to be updating. I checked the AI/Game Script Configuration and found that the GameScript was now listed as (none) and the "select" button was greyed out. (which I think is normal, but still, I can't reactivate the script using the UI as far as I can tell.)

I abandoned and checked the gamescript on the main menu and found that I did not have Balanced City Growth downloaded on this computer, so I downloaded it, enabled it, and then reloaded the save. Unfortunately, the AI/Script screen is the same. Every time I load the current save, it is in this state, despite the main menu telling me that Balanced City Growth is my current gamescript. However, if I load an earlier save from the computer that did have the BCG script installed, the script loads into the save just fine.

Is there a way to fix this? I'm not much of a coder, and I don't even know if it is possible to execute a script manually. I'd really like to keep this save if possible, so any help you guys could offer would be deeply appreciated (try not to look down too much on me for being a total moron >.< )

Thanks!
Last edited by JDCollie on 30 Oct 2014 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
krinn
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Balanced City Growth no longer working in existing save

Post by krinn »

When saving openttd record AI/GS in use.

If you open that savegame openttd will try to load the GS if the GS isn't there, openttd will continue without it. Now if you save again the game, openttd will not record the GS name (it was there before, but not when you are saving now).

Once it's done, your savegame couldn't get any GS anymore.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

maybe you can try to rename you savegame into a .scn, then load the Savegame.scn into the scenario editor....there you should be able to add a GS.

"disclaimer" : i have no idea if this will mess up your game (like changing newgrf ingame maybe...idk)
JDCollie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JDCollie »

Thank you both for your replies :D
romazoon wrote:maybe you can try to rename you savegame into a .scn, then load the Savegame.scn into the scenario editor....there you should be able to add a GS.

"disclaimer" : i have no idea if this will mess up your game (like changing newgrf ingame maybe...idk)

I tried what you said, saved the scenario, and then played it from the main menu; worked like a charm! Thanks!

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”