Deleting AI's?

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

noname1208
Engineer
Engineer

Deleting AI's?

Post by noname1208 »

I'm terribly sorry if this had been posted before, but I cannot for the life of me find out how to delete this one AI that places signs down all over the place.. Now if there is a way to permanently tell it to never place signs then I'm all good with that, but if not then how do I delete it?
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Deleting AI's?

Post by Leanden »

Press the ` button on your keyboard, and then use the command Stop_ai x where x is the number of the AI player.

WARNING: THIS WILL DELETE ALL INFRASTRUCTURE EXCEPT BUOYS AND ROADS!
noname1208
Engineer
Engineer

Post by noname1208 »

Ooh, thank you for that! I'll test it out as soon as I can get on.

And so it seems there is no way to actually delete an AI?
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

The function ive mentioned here is the delete AI function.
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

If you mean "delete AI from your OpenTTD install, there's currently no easy way of doing so"
you'll need to find your OpenTTD downloads folder (likely <User>/Documents/OpenTTD/content_downloads/ai ) and deleting the offending AI
(Of course, making sure not to redownload the AI again later)
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

On reflection i realise this must be what he meant ;)
noname1208
Engineer
Engineer

Post by noname1208 »

Aha! Thank you both Lord Aro and Leanden. Indeed Aro that is what I meant, but also thank you Leanden, that command helped much with my current save file.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

In the long run, it can help to report the problem to the forum thread of that AI. On bananas you find links to the forum thread of most AIs. Also take a look at the AI settings so that you did not accidentally enabled debug signs of that AI.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
noname1208
Engineer
Engineer

Post by noname1208 »

Well, it is enabled by default. I can turn it off in the settings yes, but on random AI it will revert back to yes on debug signs. I suppose I could try to edit the AI file directly but I do not know how to edit the NUT files themselves. I'll look for the forum of that AI though and see if this is reported.

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”