noCab ai does noting

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

krahen
Engineer
Engineer

noCab ai does noting

Post by krahen »

hello...im new here and ive just found out about this game by Totalbiscuit while he was reviewing another game Train fever i think it was.

Ive been playing it for a 1 week now and im hook...dont know why i ahvent heard of this earlier but hey im having A LOT of fun.

Ive been messing around with the settings and found out you can add ai's to the game wich i like cause it make the game with a goal in mind and having at least some competion in the game. Ive check on download section in the game and found a noCAB ai wich by the description sound like a good one wich use's all transport type. I download it and set the ai to activate after 10 days when the game start.

Launch the game and waited 10 days for the ai to activate and it did and it shows on the company league table. However it does nothing.....i thought "oh maybe it needs time to start building", so i start to build simple network of train to get some income going while i waited...been a full year and it dosent build any railroad or anything.

Ive check the forum and look at the ai game/script debug tool and theres nothing in red that shows there a bug or anything.

Im not sure if miss something else to download or is there a setting i need to activate to make it work. Ive check if i have the current version fo the ai and i do.
Brumi
President
President

Re: noCab ai does noting

Post by Brumi »

What is the size of the map you're playing on? Some AIs 'think' a lot before building anything, especially on large maps.

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”