"Real growth" GS for FIRS

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

BuckeyeMonkey
Engineer
Engineer

Re: "Real growth" GS for FIRS

Post by BuckeyeMonkey »

First I want to say, amazing GS! I love it! I am however having an issue for some reason. For some reason it doesn't seem to be calculating food received in a city for me. I tested fruit and of course pax/mail with no issues... anyone have any ideas? Thanks
lukasz1985
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by lukasz1985 »

I'm not sure - it works for me. I'm using 1.3.2 version of OpenTTD. This could be an issue. Next thing I would check if you really get the food transported to the city and make sure that the calculation doesn't occur by trying to push as much food into the city as possible. Also keep in mind that if there are too many towns in game there may be problem because my game script is not prepared for a situation when it runs out of the CPU that it is designated to use.
BuckeyeMonkey
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BuckeyeMonkey »

Thanks for the reply :) I am using 1.3.3 and I've tried everything I can to no avail. I tried using fish for food before transporting and even sugar beets to food. Neither works. I completely removed all cargo into city other than food to see if the total calculation is right. It still showed 0. I'm really not sure what else to test :(
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

It may help the author to find the reason if you upload a save that reproduce your problem.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
lukasz1985
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by lukasz1985 »

If I were you I would reinstall the game and the script.
BuckeyeMonkey
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BuckeyeMonkey »

I finally figured it out! Even if a city says it needs food and you deliver, it does not count unless a grocery store/ hotel/etc. is within range of station even though the city says it accepts...but the passengers calculate even without a hotel/etc.
lukasz1985
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by lukasz1985 »

Well I thought that's obvious :) the station must accept cargo so you can get it transported somehow. If station doesn't accept cargo then it stays on the truck/buss and isn't unloaded. Even if you put an "unload" in the order, if the station doesn't accept it - it will stay in the station.
Damrus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Damrus »

Hey there!

Looks like a great script but I have this rather obvious problem that all the cities I have yet to attent to get decemented way before I ever get a change to get there. I like to play rather big maps so maybe thats my fault : p But towns that start between 4-6k pop will rather quickly end up with 2k pop whilst I haven't touch them. It use to be so that the towns didn't change till you touch them but maybe I screwed with a setting? or didn't! :x

Cheers for reading!

O and two other things!

In the Game script Parameters settings "Goods" is listed twice even though the second one should be ''Foods'', Which is currently also visible in your own screenshoot ; ]
The second thing was alcohol! There doesn't seem to be a setting for it? I don't know if its new in FIRS or if you left it out intentionally but I thought I would note it! Its party of the grocery store (New Food market)
lukasz1985
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by lukasz1985 »

Thx, somehow I didn't noticed that. Will fix it as soon as possible.

About city population - the script, currenlty - is not suitable for playing with extreme amount of cities on large maps.

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”