CityBuilder Release Topic

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Aphid
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: CityBuilder Release Topic

Post by Aphid »

Your issue has been fixed, thanks for the bug report.
Acol
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Acol »

here is the nice list wtf coming from script when starting it from server exe.

also when loading a game with citybuilder mode and infinite timeline. it sets the city grow reqs totally off. for example my city which needed passangers and mail to grow now regs vehicles and petrol to grow. and target lines for next resource changes also.

Edit: fixed the images to correct order.
Attachments
Untitled.png
(121.11 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Untitled 2.png
(100.6 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Untitled 3.png
(100.87 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Aphid
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aphid »

About all the dutch file issues; Seems like that means the dutch file needs updating. I think somewhere an old .txt got included.

I also don't know why it complains about using a <SKIP> command though. I thought it was supposed to be used to skip a parameter?

The openTTD string library seems to have 40 hidden/vaguely documented/undocumented caveats for every feature it has so let's just say I'm going to ask for some technical help in fixing this problem because I do not look forward to analyzing the entire string library code to find out what the caveat is...
Acol
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Acol »

Aphid wrote:About all the dutch file issues; Seems like that means the dutch file needs updating. I think somewhere an old .txt got included.

I also don't know why it complains about using a <SKIP> command though. I thought it was supposed to be used to skip a parameter?

The openTTD string library seems to have 40 hidden/vaguely documented/undocumented caveats for every feature it has so let's just say I'm going to ask for some technical help in fixing this problem because I do not look forward to analyzing the entire string library code to find out what the caveat is...

well there is some where a bug which causes it to load totally different settings when loading a save game. and those are just the thing i noticed when using openttd.exe in server mode (txt based).

Edit: Narrowed down the cause. those huge pile of "warning: string name ´STR_XXX" errors comes when loading the savegame. in regular new game process it only shows these errors in pic.

so the major cause is in those dutch files i guess.
Attachments
Untitled 4.png
Untitled 4.png (97.33 KiB) Viewed 7834 times
sur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sur »

hi

i have a little question, maybe it´s a stupid one but i don't know how to solve it.

when my city grows and i have to deliver more than 3 things, this happen!! i cant see properly the amounts that i deliver/need....

thanks
Attachments
chinsa, 5º Mar 2058.png
(149.4 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
chinsa, 10th Aug 2058.png
(160.2 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

The citybuilder script does not declare the proper dependencies in bananas:

Code: Select all

dbg: [script] [18] [S] Your script made an error: couldn't find library 'util.superlib' with version 35
dbg: [script] [18] [S] 
dbg: [script] [18] [S] *FUNCTION [main()] citybuilder-87/main.nut line [33]
dbg: [script] [18] [S] 
dbg: [script] [18] [S] [this] TABLE
dbg: [misc] [squirrel] Failed to compile 'citybuilder-87/main.nut'
dbg: [script] The script died unexpectedly.
Maybe try to use musa (it's a python script allowing to upload content and easily defining dependencies: http://hg.openttd.org/openttd/extra/mus ... 054220a54d)
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Regarding musa, I would suggest the forum thread as a starting point for getting familiar with it: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=63119
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Mtlbss
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mtlbss »

hi all, i'm very bad in english so i make it short, i'm using the script citybuilder and i wana thank for it, i ever do this on my server when you visit me but i wana do it one more time so thanks^^ (now i'm gonna search Zuu post to thanks him for the nocargoal that i'm using too) :bow:

an edit just to know why city grow blok at 1000 pop....

after hours of testing i'm back to the 81 release that work better for my setting, style of game and grf, sorry to disturb with this.
Acol
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Acol »

any luck getting those dutch files fixed?
lukasz1985
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by lukasz1985 »

Hi, I would like to post a bug. Actually two bugs.

The first thing, here is what happens:
I'm playing this GS with FIRS industry replacement set. When I set up a certain cargo to be required (set amount), and its waiving point (the population below which requirement is waived). The problem comes when reloading saved game. The problem is that after the game is loaded, the waiving is forgot by this GS, and this cargo appears in the required cargos list in town GUI. The want thing to keep in mind is that the cargo gets displayed after the next month/GS evaluation period, so fast forward to see it pop up.

This should be easy to reproduce. In my case I've tested it with cargo id no 25 (which is petro "PETR" in FIRS). I've set the cargo monthly req. per 1000 pop and set waiving to 5000. I've run the game and in cities below that pop. it wasn't required. After saving and reloading, there was "PETR" everywhere.

So this is the first issue. The second one is about the "PETR" kind of.

The problem is that towns and city guis dont display the requirement informations consistently. It looks like its broken in some cases - this is probably for the big cities (or "cities") but after disabling the cities from game in settings this applies to big towns.
The gui is displaying only the cargo's lablels (instead of its correct name) with the D/S/R shortcut. So there are shortcuts like "STEL", "PETR", "FOOD", "GOOD". So its rather "BAAD" :P. I could post a screenshot here but I guess you know what I mean.

That's it. Sorry for being verbose but I wanted the issue to be clear.

Versions:
OpenTTD: 1.3.2
CB GS: 87
lukasz1985
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by lukasz1985 »

For the forgot settings issue I've found the solution.

So the problem is that settings are forgot by the next load of a savegame. But it happens "info.nut" file is using "flag" variables set to 0 in the AddSetting() call. It looks like not a valid value and such, the GS engine cant deal with it. It must be set to one of the GSConfigFlags enum values:
http://nogo.openttd.org/api/1.3.2/class ... 5d1979c79d

EDIT: This is all pontless, because cities dont grow at all after reload.
krinn
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by krinn »

lukasz1985 wrote:But it happens "info.nut" file is using "flag" variables set to 0 in the AddSetting() call. It looks like not a valid value and such, the GS engine cant deal with it.
As long as CONFIG_NONE = 0 there's no issue there.
lukasz1985
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by lukasz1985 »

So it is not, because I've run into this issue, when the flag was 0.
Aphid
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aphid »

Next release (r88) is going to require OpenTTD 1.4.
It needs some new things from the 1.4 API, most importantly using TOWN_GROWTH_NONE.
You can already download it from bananas if you have a recent enough nightly build.

Note: there's two strings remaining in the dutch language file that servers will still complain about. They are currently unused so the warning messages are safe to ignore.
Mtlbss
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mtlbss »

Hi all, sorry to seems nooby, but i ever see only 1.3.3 version of ottd....?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Aphid wrote:Next release (r88) is going to require OpenTTD 1.4.
Mtlbss wrote:Hi all, sorry to seems nooby, but i ever see only 1.3.3 version of ottd....?
Most people - rightfully - play usually with the latest stable release of OpenTTD. But of course there are the daily snapshots from our development branch - called nightlies - which will eventually lead to OpenTTD 1.4: http://wiki.openttd.org/Nightly
Nightly builds are for those who like to give the bleeding edge development versions a shot.
Mtlbss
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mtlbss »

oki thanks, i know the nightly and ever try it, i don't know that was also named 1.4^^
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

In upcomming Neighbours are importent I will use this wrapper to disable town growth:

Code: Select all

function DisableGrowth(town_id)
{
	if ("TOWN_GROWTH_NONE" in GSTown) { // on 1.4+ use special value that tell OpenTTD to stop growth completely
		GSTown.SetGrowthRate(town_id, GSTown.TOWN_GROWTH_NONE);
	} else {
		GSTown.SetGrowthRate(town_id, 16 * 1000); // grow every 43 years
	}
}
Using this code, 1.3 will still be supported with the caveat that town growth will not be completely stopped but set to every 43 years for users of 1.3.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
lukover
Engineer
Engineer

CityBuilder Release Topic

Post by lukover »

пожалуйста сделайте перевод меню настроек
на русский язык
или подскажите как это сделать
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

lukover wrote:пожалуйста сделайте перевод меню настроек
на русский язык
или подскажите как это сделать
Even when you request translations, this is an English forum. Henceforth please use English to communicate here.

For game scripts you unpack the tar you got and then create a new translation file in the lang folder with the appropriate header. See eints documentation for introduction to lang files

Game script projects which are hosted on the DevZone also can enable the web translation service (see for instance this)

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”