Cindini Release 3 (update: Les Dianos)

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
fonso
President
President

Re: Cindini Release 3 (update: Les Dianos)

Post by fonso »

For the record: I'm interested in savegames of complex networks with cargodist enabled. This map is the only thing I've heard of to bring the the MCF solver to its knees. That was a few years ago with a previous, incompatible version of cargodist, though. I'd like to do some performance comparisons with recent trunk but I don't have the time to play it for long enough to get such a complex network.

If the file is too big to upload it here, write me a PM and we'll find a way to transfer it.
The guy on the picture is not me, it's Alonso.
Whopper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Whopper »

Hi Fonzo,

You should contact ramazoon, I think he has one of the most complex networks on this map.
red0011
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by red0011 »

um... I'm not sure how to um... :bow: ALL HAIL THE GREAT LORD Whopper :bow:
I have been working on something similar... I think I just gave up on it right now :oops: Seriously this is something amazing, your photoshop skills and creative skills is outrageously crazy(crazy in a good way)! I really don't even know what to say, it's like... yea na I have nothing accept for, its AMAZING!!!. I'm going to use this as inspiration, mine won't look even half as good as yours but I will try. Thank you for the ideas you have given me, maybe I shouldn't give up just yet. Also please give me a moment so I can pick up my dropped jaw.

Please ignore the overload of incorrect grammar :P
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Hey there, i see someone misspelled my names :evil: oh, it s whopper ! well i m too gratefull to you to report it :mrgreen:

now on "fonso" topic, well i have no problem sending the savegame if wanted, but i m not sure that is what fonso is looking for as it was made with chillpatchpack :roll:

if someone set up a server for the purpose of pushing cargodist to its limits (i mean on Cindini map and in one single coop company) i d be happy to join in ;)
Whopper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Whopper »

@rOmazoon: I'm terribly sorry :)

@red0011: Thanx but you can stand up now :wink:
Nice to hear that you get inspired by the map, did you post any shots of your own map in progress already? If not pls... pm when you do! ** Never mind, just looking at them in the forum :-)
red0011
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by red0011 »

Whopper wrote:@rOmazoon: I'm terribly sorry :)

@red0011: Thanx but you can stand up now :wink:
Nice to hear that you get inspired by the map, did you post any shots of your own map in progress already? If not pls... pm when you do! ** Never mind, just looking at them in the forum :-)
The Fiji maps are not my current project. I will PM you the details of my current project :D
alfonSoSVK
Engineer
Engineer

Post by alfonSoSVK »

hey guys, it is not possible yet to build tramways on the latest version? I have 3.002 and grf of tramways, they are working on new maps, but when I load Cindini scenario it is not possible to build them. The same with ECS vectors when i want to build tourist centre for example, thanks.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

NewGRFs must be added to a scenario in order to use them. If you download the Cindini scenario and then enable the OpenTTD Sccenario Editor (search the forums or wiki for how to do this), you should be able to add them yourself and not have any ill effects.

I'm not guaranteeing it, though. Anytime you edit a scenario you risk the possibility that NewGRFs you add or remove will alter the game to the point that it may develop game play issues or be completely corrupted.
alfonSoSVK
Engineer
Engineer

Post by alfonSoSVK »

thanks! finally knew what to look for... i knew i have to set that "true" in .cfg, but i didnt knew what to do in editor, but i got it now, thanks :)
Salomanuel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Salomanuel »

Guys sorry if it's a dumb question, but I really cannot understand how to implement the newgrf "manual industries".
jostor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jostor »

You can't add a newGRF to a scenario with the default configuration. Search for how to add a newGRF to an existing the games. Some devs really don't like you being able to do it (even though I've done it hundreds of times with any problems). There's a parameter called "scenario_developer", search a bit and you'll find it ;)
Salomanuel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Salomanuel »

thanks I found the way!
I was searching with the wrong keywords!

If anyone is interested, here is the guide
http://wiki.openttd.org/NewGRF_FAQ#I_ca ... .2C_why.3F

the line in the console is "set scenario_developer on" or ""set scenario_developer 1" I'm not sure which one worked first
Staffy50
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Staffy50 »

This map is insane. I spend ages just scrolling about looking for somewhere to start!

Great effort
Ivir Baggins
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ivir Baggins »

Staffy50 wrote:This map is insane. I spend ages just scrolling about looking for somewhere to start!

Great effort
My first start was with boats in Ceronio. The amount I made off of hovercrafts was just absurd.
Gigigonzalez
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gigigonzalez »

That map is awesome. Can i ask how you managed to have so much desert? Also on higher altitudes? Manually drawn?

What editor did you use to create this map? If i export it to a heightmap it looks like im seeing some perlin/fractal noise here and there.

Did you use World machine to aid you?
doxlulzem
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by doxlulzem »

Digging up an old post but I don't even care
Absolute gold. Such beauty is in this scenario. Just on question, can I edit the mods this comes with so I can add stuff like Pineapple Trains and GRVTS?
IJN Takao is life. Why did the Shinano get converted? Gotta love NeuroTec for Garry's Mod. I even have a server!
How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real? - Jaden Smith 2014
Whopper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Whopper »

@Gigigonzalez: the first version of the map was build before Terra Genesis with the original random world creator. That's why the top half of the map features mostly desert areas and the bottom part features tropical rain forests. The rest of the terraforming on the map was manually drawn with just the normal editor by Sleepy and me.
@doxlulzem: not sure I understand your question, you want to edit the default mods this map comes with?
Gigigonzalez
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gigigonzalez »

Whopper wrote:@Gigigonzalez: the first version of the map was build before Terra Genesis with the original random world creator. That's why the top half of the map features mostly desert areas and the bottom part features tropical rain forests. The rest of the terraforming on the map was manually drawn with just the normal editor by Sleepy and me.
@doxlulzem: not sure I understand your question, you want to edit the default mods this map comes with?
Ah that explains it, thanks for the elaboration on that. Your map is just awesome.
Im trying to replicate it with some automated generation process so i can kind of play different scenarios and still make it feel a bit like cindini. Im using a few parts of your map for it too!
It will never be as good as cindini but ill do my best!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Apparently the servers that previous releases had been posted to are no longer available. I'm uploading it here. Enjoy!
Attachments
Cindini-3.002.tar
(5.64 MiB) Downloaded 134 times

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”