Anybody interested in a coop eyecandy game?

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
kamnet

Anybody interested in a coop eyecandy game?

Post by kamnet »

I have a lot of fun building out games with a main purpose of just making something nice and to distract myself, but lately I feel like I could have even more fun if other people were helping me. I'd like to build out a large map (either 2048^2 or 4096^2) and see how long we can cooperate together. We'd use lots of NewGRFs and NewObjects, Infrastructure Sharing patch, maybe a town growth game script as well.

My idea is to utilize all 15 companies to organize different aspects of the economy, such as:
  • Passenger rail, ship, air and RV transport
  • Farming, food production and distribution
  • Mining, construction and heavy industry
  • Mail transport and distribution
  • Goods production and distribution
  • Master Planner for road, rail, airport, seaport and pipeline construction & management
  • Master Planner for city growth, farm and industry creation
Due to the likely size of the map and the size of the save game, number of objects, etc. I'm not seeing this as being multi-player friendly. Instead, what I do see is a possibility of everybody downloading and uploading a common save game.

Anybody else interested? Do you have any ideas you'd like to contribute?
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Anybody interested in a coop eyecandy game?

Post by Pyoro »

I really, really like the idea. Actually (believe it or not ;) ) I've thought about something like this before as well, inspired by JA2 and Civ "democracy" games...

Unfortunately currently I have about zero extra time (exams and afterwards out of country ^^), so I can't participate myself, but I nonetheless hope this works out - I expect impressive results. Don't forget to post screens ;)
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

If this ever comes true, I'm in. :D
timofp
Engineer
Engineer

Post by timofp »

Sounds interesting, I'm currently editing some parts of the game to my liking, starting from the spring patch pack. I added under water tunnels, made the individual house builder availble in game so you can pick and build houses (also from newgrf) inside the game just like objects. I also modified the town growth algoritme a bit so small towns don't get big buildings that fast.

I would love to do some kind of game sharing, let me know if your still up for it.
kezhman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kezhman »

Seems like a grand idea. I would join this business, too!

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”