[512x256]Small Japanese Scenario

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

[512x256]Small Japanese Scenario

Post by Pyoro »

Well, with MariCo, SQUID etc. around I felt like playing a scenario that's, at least to some extend, focused on ships, so I made one. It's Japanese themed (somewhat), but not after any specific location. Just imagine WW2 didn't only destroy much of the country but also shifted around some geographic features, and now you're in charge to rebuild ... ;)

The ultimate goal is probably to properly connect the big cities on the Southern peninsula with those on the islands.

I've turned of new industries appearing in FIRS, so you'll have to change that if you want some new ones. Since I didn't really care whether all chains are present and complete (it's shortly after the war after all ;) ) you'll probably want to do that at some point, either to fund some yourself or to wait for new ones appearing.
Doesn't mean that there's a lack of transport opportunities though, especially since the road network is already in place. That also means that you might want to decide what to do with city-growth in the beginning as well (wouldn't want them to only grow along those roads, perhaps ;) ).

All GRFs should be publicly available, but not all are on bananas, so you might have to download some manually. I don't think any of them is too obscure though (aka they all should be on GRFCrawler or this forum here).

Most importantly though it's made with a patched OTTD. Use the attached version, or if you prefer, compile it yourself: get cirdan's new map features (2014-07-31, might load with newer ones) and add this daylength patch (ships are slow...).
To be perfectly clear: it will crash ANY unpatched OpenTTD version, and ALL patch packs known to me. Inconvenient, but that's how it is.

Good luck getting it to run; and have fun if you succeed ;)
Attachments
fttd.zip
(5.73 MiB) Downloaded 106 times
Izu Peninsula.scn
(103 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
izu_map.png
izu_map.png (21.91 KiB) Viewed 1552 times
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [512x256]Small Japanese Scenario

Post by Pyoro »