europe heightmap

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
rashaverak
Engineer
Engineer

europe heightmap

Post by rashaverak »

I was looking for a europe heightmap but I didnt find any, the one which can be downloaded is really bad. Maybe I simple didnt look at the right places but I decided to do my own heightmap of europe, this is just version 1 with A LOT of problems but still better than I found anywhere.

it is 1600 x 800 and actually contain part of africa and asia

the final openttd map which is generated is imo pretty good, please let me know your opinions and maybe if you about better heightmap to save my time
Attachments
europe_final_v1.png
(448.67 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
rashaverak
Engineer
Engineer

Re: europe heightmap

Post by rashaverak »

v2 was faster than I thought, I used the whole map I have so recommended map size is 4000 x 2000 (need extra large patch) but with north africa in the middle of the ocean or you can cut it to 2000 x 1000
Attachments
europe_final_v2.png
(876.97 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
Cudar
Engineer
Engineer

Re: europe heightmap

Post by Cudar »

Not a bad heightmap, but won't be problems with the coastline? I think that it is marked with white, and it will appear in the scenario editor like a mountain... And my second suggestion is, that this heightmap looks well like a MAP. But it's deformed like a map in the east and south. That's normally, but that's why I don't like the heightmaps about large areas.
KG Studios Cudar (latest news about RVR) - Romania in OTTD tt-forums topic - Romania in OTTD website - RomTrain Graphics
Creator of the Road Vehicles in Romania set
ImageImage

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”