[Open TTD] The West Country

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Pingaware
Director
Director

[Open TTD] The West Country

Post by Pingaware »

When I was first introduced to TTD a few years back, I trained and developed my skills on the great map The West Country. It was a simple map of the West of England and Wales, but with lots of roads connecting the towns, unlike other maps. It was the best map by far on TTD. :lol:
Then earlier this year I found Open TTD. I soon realized I needed to transport The West Country onto it. So I did. But in the original version were some annoying deviations from reality. I started correcting these. With the release of OpenTTD 0.6.0 I am releasing my first version with motorways properly implemented. Next stage will be to put proper motorway junctions on, but for now be happy with the first version of [pauses for the non-existent drum roll] the revamped The West Country.

Update, 8th March 2008. Scenarios now separate. V1.0 included for those more train minded.

Update, 18th October 2013. Original West Country now has single bridge for Second Severn Crossing.
Attachments
The West Country V1.0.scn
West Country Revamp version 1.
(73.37 KiB) Downloaded 893 times
The West Country V1.1.scn
West Country Revamp version 1.1.
(75.71 KiB) Downloaded 1803 times
The Original West Country.scn
The Original West Country
(42.78 KiB) Downloaded 685 times
Last edited by Pingaware on 18 Oct 2013 21:43, edited 7 times in total.
dryJ
Engineer
Engineer

Re: The West Country [Open TTD]

Post by dryJ »

I thank you for the amount of work you must have put into this.... and good luck with junctions!! :D
Pingaware
Director
Director

Post by Pingaware »

Well, I've decided to actually proceed with my ideas and start. But it'll be a little time before V1.1 is ready as my new computer doesn't have the scenario on it. :x
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Pingaware wrote:Well, I've decided to actually proceed with my ideas and start. But it'll be a little time before V1.1 is ready as my new computer doesn't have the scenario on it. :x
You can download it from here :lol:
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
Luukland
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Luukland »

Well I must say, you did a very good job, but... I think it was much better if you recreated the map with size 512 or even 1024, so that it will be used in multyplayer. Just my opinion though.

Well done, I think it was a hell of a job :)
Pingaware
Director
Director

Post by Pingaware »

I've actually got my act together and finished v1.1. :shock: The junctions aren't bad, but I've had to remove some because I couldn't figure out a way to make them more realistic without drastically altering the map. However space on the map is getting more and more cramped, especially as I've added another town in that big empty space known as Wales. As such, I would now recommend this version be used more for road vehicles, with v1.0 or the original being used for trains. But any good network designer should be able to produce a successful network :)

If anyone has any suggestions to make on the map, I'll be happy to try and incorporate them.

Download on first post.

(And Luukland, your opinion is correct - it should be on a bigger size.)
Jacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [Open TTD] The West Country

Post by Jacko »

i loved playing this map.
I used to make pax lines and Iron Ore lines and Wood Lines, twas awesome but long ago... ah well, a bigger one would be very nice, with more places in it (like Newport?)
"O2 is for noobs, real people breath O3" ~ said sometime by Me

All comments from me may or may not be true and do not take them word-for-word

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

1000th Post at Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:43 am
2000th post at Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 am

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”