[OTTD] The Cindini Map Project

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Sleepie
Director
Director

[OTTD] The Cindini Map Project

Post by Sleepie »

As recently some questions about the status of this project came up in the old topic, I have started this new project topic.

Whopper and I are still working on the map, so the project is far from dead. But it takes time and there are still a lot of things to do, so don't expect a release in the near future ;-)

I'll post some overview maps and development screenshots as well, probably in the next weeks.

Additional Information about the project can be found at the Wiki.
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Wiki Page/Talk, Member of the OpenTTD Scenarios Team
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
Sleepie
Director
Director

Re: [OTTD] The Cindini Map Project

Post by Sleepie »

[reserved for future use]
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

I'd like to have a crack at the Merlin Islands in the upper right portion of the map.
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

DanMacK wrote:I'd like to have a crack at the Merlin Islands in the upper right portion of the map.
Welcome to the Team 8) For further details please see my PM ;)
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Hi guys, read the wiki, seems a fascinating idea your bringing to life, cant wait to have a game on it :P

If theres anything i can do to help, just gimme a shout :wink:
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Draakon
Director
Director

Post by Draakon »

tropical game? hmm i wonder if i could get a crack on it too, perhaps i try and use some NewGRFs like ECS(or PBI) and TTRS? :P
twistid
Engineer
Engineer

Post by twistid »

this is very good!. i am interested in helping you guys out if you need more people! :)
Whopper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Whopper »

Hi people :), just want to inform you that we are still working on the Cindini map and we hope to release it somewhere along the year.

Thanks to the improved zoom function in the new Open TTD release I was able to make some nice overview shots wich give a feeling of how the different countries will look. Here are the first three :roll: :
Attachments
Bigshot_Antia.jpg
(375.15 KiB) Downloaded 601 times
Bigshot_Dianos.jpg
(203.33 KiB) Downloaded 496 times
Bigshot_Imperiata.jpg
(372.79 KiB) Downloaded 516 times
Whopper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Whopper »

And here the next 3 :)
Attachments
Bigshot_Merlin.jpg
(315.23 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
Bigshot_Murica.jpg
(267.36 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
Bigshot_Rutanio.jpg
(203.81 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
Whopper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Whopper »

And the last one I have so far ....
Attachments
Bigshot_Sinzia.jpg
(298.67 KiB) Downloaded 490 times
bobbje
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bobbje »

do you have more news at the moment for it?
And maby you can post aleady a part of the scenario here.
Luukland
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Luukland »

If you need my help, I am a pretty good scenario maker, so just gimme a PM :)
Whopper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Whopper »

Unfortunately I lost contact with Sleepy, wich slowed down our progress. Currently someone else is working on a part of the map.

In the meanwhile I've been working on another map project while waiting for a response from Sleepy
hectobar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by hectobar »

i dont know if you got it but i sent you an email i would like to be a volunteer i have plenty of free time and i understand everything 8)
I'm leaning on a lamp.
nulio
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by nulio »

One question.

Are you thinking in reserving some space for airports, train stations and tracks?
hectobar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by hectobar »

not really
I'm leaning on a lamp.
nulio
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by nulio »

The thing is that nowadays a city isn't really complete without the transport systems.

It will look really cool but if one of the objectives is to have the most real thing possible it should have buses, trains, airplanes and boats (in this case planned and with its space reserved)

The screenshots are amazing but it's a static map. If the rail system would be also planned, after the map is finished it would be only necessary to play it a bit and it would become an also amazing but non-static map.

But don't get me wrong. I really love the screenshots. I just think it´s just a pity not to use all the OTTD capabilities.
Whopper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Whopper »

It's the challange of the player to get a nice train/airport/boat/bus/tram network in the map. The large cities still have open spaces (parks, ponds etc.) and just like in the real world you sometimes have to demolish buildings to get a proper transportation network.

You have to plan it well, you probably can't build an airport right in the city centre, but near the edge of the city. While the city center is preserved for busses and trams only (just like in a lot of cities in the real world). For a trainstation to the city centre you probably have to sacrifice some buildings.

Progress: The main island of Rutanio is finished (see http://wiki.openttd.org/index.php/Scena ... ap_Project for info), as well as the Merlin Islands, north Ronia (part of Rutanio) and the Ronian Republic. I also continued on the Capitola metropolitan area adding three new sub urbs.

Here are some new pictures from Rutanio:

- Screenshot 8: Emilia Grande: regional capitol and 2nd largest city on Northern Ronia, 7th largest city of the country Rutanio. Home to many parlement members and even the presidents family has an apartment on Pecunia Avenue.
- Screenshot 9: Majengu: 2nd largest city (after the capitol) of Rutanio, most important port of the country and home to the national bank of Rutanio.
- Screenshot 11: San Medina the "gate" from the cindini mainland to the rutanio island. 3rd largest city of the country. The bridge was destroyed during the conflict with Impiriata and while you can still use it, it has never been fully restored in it's former glory. (due to economic problems in Rutanio)
Attachments
screenshot#8.png
(119.69 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
screenshot#9.png
(143.71 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
screenshot#11.png
(103.32 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
Whopper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Whopper »

Some more shots from Rutanio and the Ronian republic:

- Screenshot 12: the Barovi Delta national park is one of the few "green" area's left on the Rutanio main island. Unlike Berlire Rainforest NP (the only other national park on the main island) it hardly get's visited by tourists.
- Screenshot 15: Fuerte Esperanza (fort hope) is the 2nd town of the Ronian Republic. It was one of the first settlements on the continent and a major tactical location during many wars. It has been occupied by many countries: Spain >> Impiriata >> Rutanio >> the Ronian Republic.
- Screenshot 16: Dios Pueblo is the capitol city of the Ronian Republic. It's famous for the "cerro el creador": a mountain where god (according to some inhabitants of the republic and beyond) has touched the earth. Every year there is a hugh procession to the top of the mountain by religious fanatics.
Attachments
screenshot#12.png
(168.2 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
screenshot#15.png
(231.62 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
screenshot#16.png
(228.77 KiB) Downloaded 251 times

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”