Stations that stop accepting Goods/Mail.

Problems with Transport Tycoon?
LazzaH
Engineer
Engineer

Stations that stop accepting Goods/Mail.

Post by LazzaH »

Hi all, can anyone help/advise?

What I want to know is, why do stations suddenly stop accepting mail or goods, when they were previously? There seems to be no change in the buildings within the station`s catchment area, which is the parameter for accepting these commodities. I know you can usually get them to start accepting them again by funding buildings, but this doesn`t always work and you are left with trains with goods/mail on board which either have to be diverted or stopped until the stations resume acceptance.

Is there a cheat/way around this annoying aspect of TTDX?

MTIA
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

The reason why they stop accepting lies in the city dynamics. If you press the info button and click on a house or office you see what it accepts. I.e.: Town houses, 3/8 passengers, 1/8 mail (no real example). To have your station accept mail you should have enough houses in the station radius so that the amount of mail accepted is 8/8 or 1. Same goes for goods. Only to prevent this from happening without using lots of many (read: funding local buildings) is to let a bus service the town you're in. That way the town will grow regularly and eentually all your combined bus/train stations (that's the real trick) will accept goods and mail.
LazzaH
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LazzaH »

Aha, I see. Thanks for that. I have been using trains exclusively in the game I am playing, so the trick is to create bus routes as well? OK, I`ll try that.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Some of the member never use busses but I always found them town growth-propelling :lol: . They may not make money the first 2-3 years but from then... I usually end with busses making $25.000 in 2010.

Return to “Problems”