Screenshot Of The Month Competition Jan 2016 - Mar 2020

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - January 2017 - ENTRIES

Post by STD »

Emperor Jake wrote:...
This is my screenshot for the competition :D .
South America, Brazil, Amazon river. Jungle areas are difficult to access, located around the rainforest. Road places missing, use mostly water communication between the settlements located on the coast of the Amazon river. Transport links between the metropolis of Manaus and the village Caleiro da Varzea - on the water on ships and small airplanes. The communities actively engaged in fishing, subsistence farming, collection of rubber, nuts. Some residents Caleiro da Varzea to go to work every day on small aircraft to Manaus.
Jan2017_Rainforest.png
(1.27 MiB) Not downloaded yet
The map shows the area of movement of ships on the Amazon river, and flight of aircraft of local airlines.
Manaus_Brazil_Amazon river.png
Manaus_Brazil_Amazon river.png (42.95 KiB) Viewed 4243 times
I hope that until the beginning of February and will add another 2-3 screenshot :) . The theme is not complex in my opinion. Enough to read about the rain forest on Wikipedia. There are many different countries located in the tropics. Also in the game you can generate or manually create a map of the tropical climate, or you can use ready-made scenarios - Cuba, Malta, Mexico (Yucatan Peninsula) and others.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Mr Bruco
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mr Bruco »

I also hope there are more screenshots of the last minute is a shame that so few (maybe the theme chosen was not interesting? it would be nice if you could vote them)

This is my screenshots.

Pray for Bubba.

Mr Bruco.png
(1.03 MiB) Not downloaded yet
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

My entry ...

An Expidition Into The Rainforest

The riverboat was almost to the camp but the wood boring worms were digging their way into the wooden hull and the piranhas were excited at the prospect of another meal of delicious crew and archaeologist tartar.
January 2017 Contest.png
January 2017 Contest.png (314.47 KiB) Viewed 4180 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Well, I think we have just enough entries to continue the competition. I'll put the voting up tomorrow in case there's another latecomer :)
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I'm glad, that the competition will continue :)) . This is good news!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Emperor Jake wrote:tourists piling onto the roof of the trains hauled by old boxcabs to enjoy the views, fresh air and jungle sounds
I hope the tourists have been properly warned of the dangers of the overhead cables :P
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Well, I've waited long enough, but 4 entries it shall be...

Emperor Jake
The Leo's Gorge Railway is an isolated electric line where tourists form the majority of traffic. The old DC line starts at the coastal town of Valhalla where it connects to the unelectrified mainline. Then it continues deep into the rainforest and follows the steep, rocky gorge up to the village of Busby, where people can continue to St. Leo's Abbey by road. Shown here is the village of Canyon, one of the gorge's few crossings. The railway's rolling stock is also seen: tourists piling onto the roof of the trains hauled by old boxcabs to enjoy the views, fresh air and jungle sounds; and an EMU which provides a higher class of service.

Mr Bruco
Pray for Bubba.

STD
South America, Brazil, Amazon river. Jungle areas are difficult to access, located around the rainforest. Road places missing, use mostly water communication between the settlements located on the coast of the Amazon river. Transport links between the metropolis of Manaus and the village Caleiro da Varzea - on the water on ships and small airplanes. The communities actively engaged in fishing, subsistence farming, collection of rubber, nuts. Some residents Caleiro da Varzea to go to work every day on small aircraft to Manaus.

wallyweb
An Expidition Into The Rainforest

The riverboat was almost to the camp but the wood boring worms were digging their way into the wooden hull and the piranhas were excited at the prospect of another meal of delicious crew and archaeologist tartar.

Let's get voting! :D
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Four screenshot is also quite good for the beginning of the year. In the last year there were only three... I hope next month will be more participants. Everything will depend on the topic and the employment of the people themselves...

The important thing is that you were a moderator of this topic as long as possible. You have a very good to organize a competition. Without long time delays :D .
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

In this time we have again a tie. Screenshots Emperor Jake and wallyweb scored for 8 votes. I congratulate you :D . I knowingly voted for a screenshot wallyweb that the result was a tie. Surprisingly, it turned out as I wanted. Funny :mrgreen: .
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competitio

Post by Emperor Jake »

Thanks for voting everyone! Here are the final results: (An interestingly skewed turnout!)

Code: Select all

Emperor Jake 8
Wallyweb     8
Mr Bruco     1 
STD          1  

Wallyweb and I have agreed to a theme for February:

"The Age of Steam"

Bring up your steam trains, boats and trucks and get that fire roaring! :D
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - February 2017 - ENTRIES

Post by leifbk »

1901_steelwork.png
1901_steelwork.png (656.52 KiB) Viewed 3852 times
From my spacious archive I dug up this, the Sørheim Steel work anno 1901. Plenty of steam here, thanks to Andy's gorgeous creations.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competitio

Post by wallyweb »

Emperor Jake wrote:Bring up your steam trains, boats and trucks and get that fire roaring! :D
Don't forget to buy your carbon credits. :twisted:
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Whew, it's getting steamy in here! 8)
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I see that this month is even less of screenshots sent to the participants. Probably my second screenshot? I hope that this tendency will go on recession. You send more screenshots to have more participants. At least 4 like last month :) .
SOTM_Feb2017_The Age of Steam.png
(593.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Just two, that's indeed a shame for such a nice topic.

Haven't been playing lately but might as well post something from an old save.
steamy.png
steamy.png (126.61 KiB) Viewed 3640 times
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

It would seem that people have become quite preoccupied since the New Year. I've noticed that postings to the forums seem to have fallen off as well. I am also seeing this with other sites. I do have a plan for a nice screenshot, but I have been preoccupied with other things. Perhaps Emperor Jake would agree to extend this month's contest to run until the end of March. 8)
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I probably agree with you, wallyweb 8) . The competition should be extended until the end of March. Suddenly there will be more screenshots. Probably many people are busy with other things, so they have no time for OpenTTD. Waiting for a response from our moderator Emperor Jake :)

Pyoro, you have a beautiful screenshot :)) .
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

I agree, I'll extend the competition into March. I've been rather busy myself with job hunting and a certain game other than OTTD, but I have a screenshot in mind which I'll post soon.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Emperor Jake wrote:I agree, I'll extend the competition into March. I've been rather busy myself with job hunting and a certain game other than OTTD, but I have a screenshot in mind which I'll post soon.
If you and wallyweb will send screenshots, it will be at least five :D . I hope that in March someone else will send a screenshot :wink: .
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - February/March 2017 - ENTRIES

Post by Supercheese »

I'll submit my first ever entry:
SOTM Steam.png
(898.07 KiB) Not downloaded yet
A steamy day at the seaside town of Kellogg. Regular passenger services run to and from the train station, hauled by powerful 4-6-4 Hudson locomotives -- one of the newer, streamlined models is just pulling in.
A paddle steamer approaches the docks from a distance as fishing ships pull up alongside a freighter nearer the harbor. A mighty Short Empire seaplane has just landed, and its passengers will soon alight on the pier amidst the cries of circling seagulls.
To cap it all off, a majestic Hindenburg-class airship dominates the skies over the sea. Truly, there is no more glorious craft in all the earth, and its majesty may very well never be surpassed.
An earlier model of airship also flies over the town -- unable to compete with the Hindenburg-class at passenger duties, it has been converted for ferrying supplies to far-flung industries. Farmers and miners across the nation are treated to regular shipments of needed goods via airship.
One might theorize that surely this scene represents the pinnacle of technology, but the winds of change are yet blowing. The Electro-Motive Division has begun shipments of its E-unit locomotives for express passenger duties; dual pairs of these locomotives are already in express passenger service and might one day pass through Kellogg station...
For a bit of trivia, today, March 4, is the anniversary of the Hindenburg-class airship's first flight! Although their story is one of tragedy in real life, they continue to provide unfailing passenger services in my OTTD game.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton

Return to “Screenshots”